Nzoner's Game Room>Kelce Mic'd Up Orchestrating 13 Seconds
Sassy Squatch 02:07 PM 01-25-2022

Did @tkelce orchestrate the 13-second drive? 👀

(via @nflfilms, @insidethenfl) pic.twitter.com/fBXQXBSgSF

— NFL (@NFL) January 25, 2022

[Reply]
ljmhawk 03:44 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I totally get that with Hill and Hardman.

With Kelce, if I were a DC I'd say jam him and hold on for life if Kelce started to break out of it. A holding penalty on Buff there benefits Buffalo far more than it benefits us with the time remaining.
according to the rules is doesnt. if there is a penalty to try and manipulate the game clock…which they would have been doing, it’s a 15 yard penalty and the time is added back to the clock
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:46 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I inadvertently sent this image to the gameday text thread that included family members, including my mother in law, rather than to the gameday text thread full of my miscreant friends.

She disagrees with you.

C'est la vie. I'm fucking her daughter so I win this round.
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:58 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
according to the rules is doesnt. if there is a penalty to try and manipulate the game clock…which they would have been doing, it’s a 15 yard penalty and the time is added back to the clock
That rule only goes into effect with multiple penalties (I.E. Travis, Reek and Hardman all being held). Buffalo would have a penalty to burn and with it, critical seconds of clock. To be clear, I don't think the plan should have been to hold Kelce, but to give him enough resistance off the line to cause him headaches.

I just don't think you can let Trav have a free release there.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:01 PM 01-25-2022
As far as their coaching decisions hindsight is 20/20 Just like those two pass plays.LOL
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:10 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Man.

Just make Kelce the offensive coordinator.

Dude read that shit like a book.
The advantage of him being a QB in high school and first year in college, NO DOUBT !!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:11 PM 01-25-2022
This is everything.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:13 PM 01-25-2022
With 13 seconds I knew the Chiefs would at least get into position for a hail mary if nothing else. I'm glad it didn't come to that since DBs are allowed to tackle receivers while the ball is in the air.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:25 PM 01-25-2022

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:25 PM 01-25-2022
So what's the protocol here?

Is there an actual play call coming in from Reid/Bieniemy on these or are they just improvising at that point?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:26 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
So what's the protocol here?

Is there an actual play call coming in from Reid/Bieniemy on these or are they just improvising at that point?
I think Kelce and Mahomes ad-libbed from the route Reid/Bieniemy called for Kelce but the other players stuck with the play design.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:30 PM 01-25-2022
I think Kelce and Mahomes ad-libbed from the route Reid/Bieniemy called for Kelce but the other players stuck with the play design.
That makes sense.

With WASP Bieniemy was actually consulted. This sequence both coaches seemed to be strolling the sideline while the players worked something out they thought would work.

Obvious major props to all involved.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:35 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That makes sense.

With WASP Bieniemy was actually consulted. This sequence both coaches seemed to be strolling the sideline while the players worked something out they thought would work.

Obvious major props to all involved.
My question is...

Was Buffalo's Timeout what allowed Kelce to make that read on how they were positioning their defense? Wild that their timeout may have been the difference maker for us to get inside the Bills 35.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:38 PM 01-25-2022
My question is...

Did Buffalo's Timeout allow Kelce to make that read on how they were positioning their defense? Wild that their timeout may have been the difference maker for us to get inside the Bills 35.
Feel like I heard him mention talking about it on the sideline during the timeout the Bills took during a post game interview.

The amount of content absorbed within the last 48 hours is overwhelming.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:46 PM 01-25-2022
I'm Hard, man!
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:05 PM 01-25-2022
My question is...

Was Buffalo's Timeout what allowed Kelce to make that read on how they were positioning their defense? Wild that their timeout may have been the difference maker for us to get inside the Bills 35.
Yeah I think so. I think in the clip when he tells Pat, "If they come out in that same defense" - I think he means the same defense that they were lined up in before the timeout.

Thanks McDermott!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up