ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>If Barry Bonds isn't a Hall of Famer by the end of the day, it's a failure by the HOF
Mephistopheles Janx 10:12 AM 01-25-2022
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33138884

---

And I say that is horse shit. The only thing from that wife beating steroid using piece of shit that belongs in the HOF is the ball that got branded with the asterisk.

Fuck Bonds, Fuck Clemens, Fuck Sosa, Fuck McGwire.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:48 PM 01-25-2022
Outside of personal stats and a bit of glory, Bonds, McGwire and Sosa never won shit. Zero World Series wins among them. Hell, McGwire single-handedly ruined the Cardinals in his final season, being nothing more than a strike out machine in the playoff series they lost to Arizona. Seemed like every time that prick was at bat there were runners on base with two outs, and 1-2-3 strikes you're out. :-)

The same cannot be said of Clemens and Ortiz. They both richly benefitted from their roiding ways.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:50 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Bonds' steroid use definitely allowed him to have a quicker bat speed which allowed him to hit for more power. I don't think there's any doubt about that. Of course, none of that was against the rules when he played so I'm not sure why anybody would even care at all.
Please explain to me how steroids give you the better bat speed
[Reply]
DRM08 05:53 PM 01-25-2022
Noted PED user Ortiz just got voted in his first year over over Bonds and Clemens (who are now off the ballot after 10 years), so it's quite obvious this charade for the past decade by the writers very much had nothing to do with PED use and everything to do with the fact that the writers simply didn't like them.

The HOF vote is purely a popularity contest now. Maybe it always was.
Definitely a popularity contest. Curt Schilling got screwed pretty bad. Great pitcher in general, but incredible in the playoffs. No rumors of steroid usage. And they voted against him because they didn't like him. Ridiculous.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:54 PM 01-25-2022
Bonds denied again
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:54 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Might help by giving you stronger legs which helps drive the hips. But agreed it’s probably not as much a people think. Of course steroids had an impact but the probably biggest culprits of the steroid era were probably expansion teams, smaller strike zones and I wouldn’t doubt juiced balls for tv ratings.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:55 PM 01-25-2022
Take away the few roid years of Binds and hes still the best player of all time.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:56 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I'm no expert, but wouldn't greater strength in theory lead to potentially greater bat speed?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:56 PM 01-25-2022
Hall of Fame is officially more of a joke than it already was
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:57 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Definitely a popularity contest. Curt Schilling got screwed pretty bad. Great pitcher in general, but incredible in the playoffs. No rumors of steroid usage. And they voted against him because they didn't like him. Ridiculous.
That one is crazy. Granted, I’d say he’s a borderline hall of famed but no doubt he’s had votes against him because of his social views. That’s terrible. It’s not like he murdered somebody
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:57 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Let's be even more honest, they didn't like him because of his politics...which is worse. The man deserves to be in on his merit, period.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:58 PM 01-25-2022

Barry Bonds was not elected into the baseball HOF.

This was his last year of eligibility on the BBWAA ballot effectively shutting him out. pic.twitter.com/ZQGmd5QEXn

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 25, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:58 PM 01-25-2022
Yeah. I'm probably a fairweather fan of baseball at best and this makes the entire HOF look like an absolute embarrassment. Baseball as a whole is sure good at making itself look as inept as possible nowadays.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:58 PM 01-25-2022
I'm no expert, but wouldn't greater strength in theory lead to potentially greater bat speed?
Correct. You still need plenty of natural ability, which obviously Bonds had in spades.

Steroids aren’t the difference between a pro and normal person. But they might be the difference between an all time great and GOAT-type status.

HGH in particular for its ability to help overcome injuries.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:01 PM 01-25-2022
Baseball writers are the worst. To quote Hank Hill a bunch of twig boys
[Reply]
DRM08 06:05 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That one is crazy. Granted, I’d say he’s a borderline hall of famed but no doubt he’s had votes against him because of his social views. That’s terrible. It’s not like he murdered somebody
Schilling had about 80 WAR in the regular season, and was straight up incredible in the playoffs. That's a Hall of Famer. First ballot even. Griffey got 99.9% of the vote with 84 WAR. With no steroid rumors on Schilling, it's laughable to keep him out of the Hall.

If we are going down the path of voting against players because we don't like their politics or whatever, then Ty Cobb and a bunch of others need to be kicked out. Cobb was a big time racist, physically assaulted other people, etc.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up