ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>If Barry Bonds isn't a Hall of Famer by the end of the day, it's a failure by the HOF
Mephistopheles Janx 10:12 AM 01-25-2022
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33138884

---

And I say that is horse shit. The only thing from that wife beating steroid using piece of shit that belongs in the HOF is the ball that got branded with the asterisk.

Fuck Bonds, Fuck Clemens, Fuck Sosa, Fuck McGwire.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:23 AM 01-25-2022
I hope noted PED user Ortiz gets in and two of the best baseball players of all time in Bonds and Clemens don't.

Not because I don't think Bonds and Clemens deserve it (they clearly do based on their baseball exploits), but because it will make the process look so ridiculous (which it is) that the HOF actually has to step in and make changes. Change is really the only way forward at this point to make it regain any relevance at all.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:28 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I hope noted PED user Ortiz gets in and two of the best baseball players of all time in Bonds and Clemens don't.

Not because I don't think Bonds and Clemens deserve it (they clearly do based on their baseball exploits), but because it will make the process look so ridiculous (which it is) that the HOF actually has to step in and make changes. Change is really the only way forward at this point to make it regain any relevance at all.
The Ortiz thing is infuriating. This whole thing got swept under the rug let alone his constant temper tantrums. Letting a Red Sox exec lead the steroid investigation was such bullshit.
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:30 AM 01-25-2022
I think they should all get in, 90% of the league was using PED's so the competition was fair. There should just be a seperate section for them, the asterisk wing or whatever.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:34 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The Ortiz thing is infuriating. This whole thing got swept under the rug let alone his constant temper tantrums. Letting a Red Sox exec lead the steroid investigation was such bullshit.
Ortiz was one of the players who also most obviously benefited from PED use (see his pre-Red Sox career). It's going to be utterly hilarious if he gets in first ballot.

Just shows the Bonds/Clemens shit never really had anything to do with PED use at all. That was just the excuse to keep out two assholes nobody really liked.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:34 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I think they should all get in, 90% of the league was using PED's so the competition was fair. There should just be a seperate section for them, the asterisk wing or whatever.
If it's Bonds and Clemens, they should call it the Fucking Douchebag Wing.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:37 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If it's Bonds and Clemens, they should call it the ****ing Douchebag Wing.
They could just call it Big Mac land.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:37 AM 01-25-2022
More proof baseball is an outdated sport
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:37 AM 01-25-2022
Bonds and Clemens both deserve to be in.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:45 AM 01-25-2022
He should get in and get a bonus for doing so. Why do you care what another man does with his body as long as it does not harm those around him?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:46 AM 01-25-2022
No one seems to care that practically all of the old timers were doped up on greenies. It’s just part of that era.

Same with the steroid era. Practically all of the greats were using. The ones in the HOF just didn’t get caught.

Put them all in. If you aren’t going to, then the League should just ban all of them for life and not give the voters the option.

Also, how much of the revenue generated from the Steroid Era has MLB given back?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:53 AM 01-25-2022
Wasn't Bonds on a HoF trajectory before the Roidball era of 98 to 03?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:57 AM 01-25-2022
Anyone ever watched Babe Ruth highlights? He is pretty much the same player that Matt Stairs was, just in an easier era. Having people like that in the HOF and leaving real athletes out is a joke.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:57 AM 01-25-2022
Outside of the whole roids thing, my biggest problem with Bonds was the body armor he wore on his arm. It allowed him to crowd the plate without any fear of getting hit by a pitch, which gave him an unfair advantage against the pitcher and every other hitter who didn't suit up like a fucking medieval knight for every at bat. Same thing with that little prick Biggio.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:58 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33138884

---

And I say that is horse shit. The only thing from that wife beating steroid using piece of shit that belongs in the HOF is the ball that got branded with the asterisk.

**** Bonds, **** Clemens, **** Sosa, **** McGwire.
You take is pussy and stupid. Do you know how many guys in the hall were on roids? A lot most likely. What is the punishment today? Miss some games? No money gone just some games and that's really much. No reason not to let everyone that may have used.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up