ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 31
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best National Media Tears Official Thread
staylor26 11:50 PM 01-23-2022

The NFL is the greatest league in sports because of the parity. The last team drafts first, the first team drafts last. Not allowing Josh Allen, the best player in today’s game, to touch the ball in overtime is one thing the @NFL must fix. pic.twitter.com/UqP4vE6nc0

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
Phoneix 12:38 AM 01-24-2022

via GIPHY

:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:42 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Cleavage:
OT should be Sudden Death. Like it was back in the day. Period.
It's perfect the way it is.

Any asshole dipshit QB can strike on a goddamn field goal in OT. That's not a true measure of deciding the victory.

The touchdown is at least a challenge. It gives the defense a fighting chance for a goal line stand should a bullshit DPI take place.

You hold them to a field goal? Great, now it's your turn. If you can't top that field goal with a TD, you deserve to lose.

I can't think of a better system that generally does a good job of avoiding ties and finishing the game in a timely manner to avoid injuries while also making the winning team earn it.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:43 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Great idea for a thread. Can’t wait to watch the tears tomorrow

Of course that miserable twat Bayless immediately starts throwing shade.

One of these quarterbacks was playing against the No. 1 defense. The other one was playing against a crappy secondary that lost it's best player on the first series of the game.

Fuck you. :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:43 AM 01-24-2022
Drip Bayless.

Allen had higher difficulty? HB was injured and the Chiefs secondary were the keystone cops. If they weren't knocking each other down or falling on their asses, they were allowing a role player wr to rack up 200+ and 4td.

Mahomes meanwhile was up against the league's #1 defense, with a kicker who left 4 points on the field.

What Mahomes did tonight was legendary.

We've got 24-0, We've got Wasp, and now we have 13 seconds.

Wasp, and 13 seconds were both accomplished against the #1defense in the league.

Everyone who doubted and posted stupid shit about Mahomes, like the clown in my sig, should be forced to change their sigs to those dumbass quotes.

You can wear those badges of shame like Aldo from Inglorious Basterds gave to the Germans. Everyone should know who you are. You shouldn't be allowed to hide.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:44 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Any asshole dipshit QB can strike on a goddamn field goal in OT. That's not a true measure of deciding the victory.

The touchdown is at least a challenge. It gives the defense a fighting chance for a goal line stand should a bullshit DPI take place.

You hold them to a field goal? Great, now it's your turn. If you can't top that field goal with a TD, you deserve to lose.

I can't think of a better system that generally does a good job of avoiding ties and finishing the game in a timely manner to avoid injuries while also making the winning team earn it.
I'd make it a possession each for both teams. Mostly because I think that will benefit the Chiefs for as long as Mahomes is here.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:44 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

I can't think of a better system that generally does a good job of avoiding ties while making the winning team earn it.
Someone posted that winning the overtime coin toss gives you a 52% chance of winning the game. That seems pretty fair, especially compared to the old system. If you lose the coin toss and still have a 48% chance, that's pretty good.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:45 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You will notice that every single person complaining about taunting is a beta fucking male.

That’s not even a term I use often, because it’s kind of cringe, but it’s just the truth. How else do you describe the likes of Florio?

Real men don’t cry about taunting.
I think that's a fair description of Florio.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:48 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Drip Bayless.

Allen had higher difficulty? HB was injured and the Chiefs secondary were the keystone cops. If they weren't knocking each other down or falling on their asses, they were allowing a role player wr to rack up 200+ and 4td.

Mahomes meanwhile was up against the league's #1 defense, with a kicker who left 4 points on the field.

What Mahomes did tonight was legendary.

We've got 24-0, We've got Wasp, and now we have 13 seconds.

Wasp, and 13 seconds were both accomplished against the #1defense in the league.

Everyone who doubted and posted stupid shit about Mahomes, like the clown in my sig, should be forced to change their sigs to those dumbass quotes.

You can wear those badges of shame like Aldo from Inglorious Basterds gave to the Germans. Everyone should know who you are. You shouldn't be allowed to hide.
I've been involved in and seen the DC forum and yet Pete's quote there might be the dumbest thing ever written on this site.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:48 AM 01-24-2022
Most of what I have been reading is how unfair the NFL overtime rules are and how it spoiled the Bills Chiefs game.

Below is an old story from Washington Post and Boston.com
May 22, 2019

Originally Posted by :
The NFL isn’t making any changes this offseason to its overtime rules.
A proposal by the Kansas City Chiefs to guarantee each team at least one possession in overtime was not ratified by owners during their one-day meeting Wednesday at a Florida resort. The Chiefs’ proposal came back up for consideration after being discussed and tabled at the annual league meeting in March in Phoenix.

No vote was taken by the owners Wednesday on the proposal due to a lack of support. It was clear that the measure would not generate the 24 votes among the 32 teams necessary for ratification.

The Chiefs made their proposal after losing last season’s AFC championship game on a touchdown by the New England Patriots on the opening possession of overtime. That is the lone scenario by which an overtime game can end after one possession.

Chiefs officials had said they made their proposal out of a sense of fairness, not merely in reaction to the outcome of the AFC title game. Supporters of the proposal contended that such an evenhanded approach to overtime has become more important than ever in this age of high-powered NFL offenses, given the increased likelihood that the team that wins the coin flip to begin overtime will be able to drive to a first-possession touchdown.

But others are wary of extending games any further and argue that a team has no legitimate gripe if its defense fails to stop an opponent from getting an opening-drive touchdown in overtime.

There was some sentiment for making the Chiefs’ proposal apply only to postseason games, when the stakes are higher and the concern about longer games is lessened. But some within the sport are reluctant to have different sets of overtime rules for regular season and postseason games.

So the overtime format remains unchanged for the 2019 season. The team that gets the ball first in overtime can win with a touchdown. If that team gets a field goal, its opponent gets a possession with a chance to tie the game with a field goal or win it with a touchdown. If both teams get field goals, the next team to score wins.

https://www.boston.com/sports/nfl/20...iefs-patriots/
The Chiefs are giving the league a big FU. You won't support our rule change proposal, we will use it to our advantage.

Perhaps they will listen now.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:49 AM 01-24-2022
we had to witness those years of Shawn Merimum going michael j fox on peoples body after big hits with no taunting. Fuck those guys.
[Reply]
Bump 12:50 AM 01-24-2022
no, don't "fix"

Mahomes was there his first year starting too, the media is a joke.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:52 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
we had to witness those years of Shawn Merimum going michael j fox on peoples body after big hits with no taunting. Fuck those guys.
:-) This is an outstanding post.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:52 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I was at the game when he did that shit after forearm shivering Priest Holmes into retirement. The SD crowd let off a loud pop as Jason Dunn was waiving the training staff over to Holmes prone body. Not one person in the media said anything. Shit like crying over a player throwing a peace sign is pathetic.
[Reply]
Ghost of Maslowski 12:54 AM 01-24-2022
every time i see Skip disrespect Mahomes i just smile because his QB is Dak freaking Prescott, lmao
[Reply]
staylor26 12:55 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I think that's a fair description of Florio.
I mean, saying you’re going to quit covering the NFL if something isn’t done about Tyreek and then doing absolutely nothing is another example.

Serious feminine energy.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 31
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up