ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 31
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best National Media Tears Official Thread
staylor26 11:50 PM 01-23-2022

The NFL is the greatest league in sports because of the parity. The last team drafts first, the first team drafts last. Not allowing Josh Allen, the best player in today’s game, to touch the ball in overtime is one thing the @NFL must fix. pic.twitter.com/UqP4vE6nc0

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:53 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He never threw a pass more than 20 yards downfield. He’s our modern day Alex Smith. He’s our captain checkdown 🥰
Alex with all six Infinity Stones, both through the air and with his legs.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:57 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Goldmember:
The talking heads praise Allen as if he had just played against the 85 Bears. Allen is a great QB, but he wasn't the first QB to torch the Chiefs secondary. During the Chiefs 8 game winning streak, they played mostly bad QBs. The two good QBs they beat were Herbert (Chargers should have won with a smarter coach) and Prescott. They gave up a lot of yardage and points to the better QBs except Prescott. Burrows just ripped them a new ahole a few weeks ago. Mahomes just beat the #1 defense. Mahomes has always played against the best defenses in the NFL in the big games; Patriots AFCCG, Niners SB, and Bucs SB
They also whine about Mahomes receivers getting YAC yards and running free while completely ignoring that three of Allen's four touchdowns were to dudes who were WIDE FUCKING OPEN. And I mean WIDE open.

The 75 yard bomb was nice, but Mahomes TD to Pringle and the submarine throw was more impressive than anything else Josh did all night.
[Reply]
eDave 01:01 AM 01-26-2022
Best ever NBA player was Larry Bird. Followed by Steve Nash.
[Reply]
vonBobo 02:59 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
This. Is gotten to the point where it’s legitimately blatant and bizarre at the same time. I don’t get it.
Nah, it's the same behavior with Charger fans wanting to believe Herbert is better.

Honestly there are a lot of talented young QBs right now and their fans are wanting validation.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 04:03 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Ok this is pretty badass, and I’m not usually into this kind of stuff
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:46 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
Best ever NBA player was Larry Bird. Followed by Steve Nash.
Pistol Pete and Bill Walton are right there as well.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:53 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
It's pretty straightforward. Coasters look at KC as a hillbilly podunk cow town with no redeeming qualities. They cannot stand the fact that the Chiefs have the best football player on the planet and they'll have to talk about him and them for the next decade. That's why they so desperately want someone to unseat the king and would love that someone to come from the northeast (aka Allen)
I don't think y'all realize just how NOT New York City Buffalo is. It's a working class kind of town.

It's more like Cleveland or Pittsburgh than anything coastal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:55 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
Nah, it's the same behavior with Charger fans wanting to believe Herbert is better.

Honestly there are a lot of talented young QBs right now and their fans are wanting validation.
At least Burrow and Allen have won in the playoffs. Hell, at least they've MADE the playoffs. Herbert is a good QB but he doesn't belong in the discussion until he actually wins something.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:04 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think y'all realize just how NOT New York City Buffalo is. It's a working class kind of town.

It's more about geographic area than the actual city. Most people from the northeast believe they are above anyone who isn't from there. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "the way we do it up north".

You know how to tell if someone is from the northeast? Give them 30 seconds and they'll tell you.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:06 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
They also whine about Mahomes receivers getting YAC yards and running free while completely ignoring that three of Allen's four touchdowns were to dudes who were WIDE ****ING OPEN. And I mean WIDE open.

The 75 yard bomb was nice, but Mahomes TD to Pringle and the submarine throw was more impressive than anything else Josh did all night.
Yeah, and how many times did we hear this earlier in the year:

"Patrick is trying to force the big play. He needs to be more patient and take what the defense gives him."

Buffalo has two elite safeties that sat very deep and a top-tier pass rush. Throwing underneath the shell and getting YAC is just the best way to attack them. Mahomes evolved this year and is now playing the best ball we've ever seen from him. And that's just insane, really.

The media is upset that we're in our fourth straight AFC Championship. They're bored. They want new stories with new characters.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:29 AM 01-26-2022
GMFB was all over Mahomes nuts this morning, they see what's coming.

In nutshell they finally acknowledged if Mahomes goes to the SB again he is the standard. Period.

Of course a few of them were like yea we already knew he was the standard.

:-) yea he was "broken " 2 months ago.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:31 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
GMFB was all over Mahomes nuts this morning, they see what's coming.

In nutshell they finally acknowledged if Mahomes goes to the SB again he is the standard. Period.

Of course a few of them were like yea we already knew he was the standard.

:-) yea he was "broken " 2 months ago.
The league had no idea what they were unleashing when they forced this cover 2 stuff on the Chiefs.

This offense, right now, is better even than in 2018 because it's so diverse and efficient.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:36 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

It's legit almost the exact same as here except it snows a hell of a lot more up there and admittedly they have much much better public services.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:46 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I'd like to say it's just because of the Chiefs recent success and people being tired of them winning, but the same could easily be said about Tom Brady and the Patriots in 2019.

So not sure. Midwest team instead of east coast team? Maybe. They just feel sorry for Josh Allen because he played such a great game? Maybe. I don't think it's because they wanted the game to keep going, because let's be honest, if Bills and Allen won the toss and went down and scored, no one would care right now. There would not be any outcry over Mahomes not getting his shot, despite the fact that would have been the SECOND time Mahomes got shut out of an OT opportunity.

I think the answer is simply; jealousy.

Nothing more.

Simple, petty jealousy.

Mahomes has accomplished so much and done so much at such a young age people just can't wrap their heads around it and somehow it seems 'unfair' to them. Kind of the whole 'you need to take your lumps first before having all this success'. Mahomes has had success from Day 1 and for some reason that just seems to piss people off.

Meh, whatever. **** 'em.

He's OUR QB and they'll have to live with playing him for the next decade plus.

You don't like it? Then beat him.
Jealousy is alot of it and also people are tired of seeing him. He is in alot of commercials but unlike Baker he has actually earned that. Also if you watch other football games (college or pro) he is referenced alot when QB's make certain throws so I am sure that wears on people. You see alot of that on r/nfl with the memes of if Mahomes would have done that.

Also I wouldn't discount just how much people really dislike his wife and especially his brother. I mean they really hate that guy and now other fans are actively rooting against us because they don't want to see either of them the rest of the season.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:51 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's legit almost the exact same as here except it snows a hell of a lot more up there and admittedly they have much much better public services.
Table manufacturers there make a killing but I bet it's difficult to find TV's there this week
[Reply]
Page 25 of 31
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up