Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any news on the Honey Badger? [expected to play]
HonestChieffan 10:43 PM 01-23-2022
Not anything on the local coverage....
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:09 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No. HB was diagnosed with a concussion. I'm not sure what's confusing about that.
What's so confusing about a player that might be dishonest about his symptoms so that he can get diagnosed with a concussion and get pulled from a game? Some hits are obvious and the player definitely shows it physically and it's a no brainer BUT many are not that cut and dry and a diagnosis of concussion often comes down to what a player reports.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:09 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Well he plays a position that has to bring the wood in stopping the run. You know this. Sure clogging up passing lanes is fine BUT if you are playing safety you have to bring the wood in stopping the run pure and simple. He used to do this well even at his small stature not so much this year is what I have noticed.
Am I misremembering the Bills RUNNING all over us last night? It almost seems like we outrushed them significantly, so I'm not sure what added benefit "bringing the wood" would have achieved over simply figuring out where the **** Gabe Davis was.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:16 PM 01-24-2022
Am I misremembering the Bills RUNNING all over us last night? It almost seems like we outrushed them significantly, so I'm not sure what added benefit "bringing the wood" would have achieved over simply figuring out where the **** Gabe Davis was.
Allen had his glorious 3rd and 4th down conversion runs for sure that it would have been nice to have the Badger's old nasty gritty tackling in stopping or at least assisting in stopping Allen. But I think HB was not up to tackling Deebo Allen last night.:-) Sure it would have at least at the bare minimum as I have said earlier that HB could have had everyone lined up correctly with the accurate responsibilities to at least slow down Davis.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:39 PM 01-24-2022
Allen had his glorious 3rd and 4th down conversion runs for sure that it would have been nice to have the Badger's old nasty gritty tackling in stopping or at least assisting in stopping Allen. But I think HB was not up to tackling Deebo Allen last night.:-) Sure it would have at least at the bare minimum as I have said earlier that HB could have had everyone lined up correctly with the accurate responsibilities to at least slow down Davis.
So, none of our other safeties have that quality, either. Good to know, I guess.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:12 PM 01-24-2022
This thread went dumb.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:22 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This thread went dumb.
right around post #9 or #20. Take your pick.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:33 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Toad:
Can we please put aside his future with the team until after the Super Bowl?

Right now, we NEED him for 2 huge games. He is the emotional and experienced leader on this defense.
Come on over the DraftPlanet if you want to talk roster construction for the upcoming offseason!
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:34 AM 01-25-2022
Josh Allen: 68 yds
D. Singletary: 26 yds (4 rec, 25 yds)
I. McKenzie: 15 yds

Spags stopped Singletary cold. In fact, the Bills RBs were only allowed 41 rushing yards and just 28 yds receiving for the game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:54 AM 01-25-2022
What's so confusing about a player that might be dishonest about his symptoms so that he can get diagnosed with a concussion and get pulled from a game? Some hits are obvious and the player definitely shows it physically and it's a no brainer BUT many are not that cut and dry and a diagnosis of concussion often comes down to what a player reports.
:-)
Good God, do you ever check your facts or data before you open your big dumb mouth?

Mathieu has missed just one start as a Chief. That's 47 starts out of 48 possible games. Sorry, that's two; there was the game he missed because of the stupid virus.

In fact, HB has started every game since 2017, other than the two previously mentioned.

He's not like you. He's never been one to find excuses not to work or decide to take a 'personal day,' whatever the fuck those are. His résumé speaks for itself.

And we need him on the field because he scares the piss out of opposing OCs and QBs, not because he's a great motivational speaker. He's the ghost in our defense. he hides in plain sight making OCs sweat and QBs question themselves. And always the same question runs around in their heads and leaks out of their mouths: "where's 32? find 32 before you snap the ball."

Which does little to no good, because Honey Badger plays like his namesake: he's a con artist and a thief extraordinaire. He turns whatever part of the field he stakes out into his own personal Hall of Smoke and Mirrors.

Damn, some of you guys don't know shit about football. Hell, team sports in general.:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:31 AM 01-25-2022
We will need him, rub some dirt on it and get back soon. :-)
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:33 AM 01-25-2022
Honey Badger doesn't seem like the type that would fake an injury and miss out in the biggest game of the year. He is too much of a competitor for that.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:52 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Good God, do you ever check your facts or data before you open your big dumb mouth?

Mathieu has missed just one start as a Chief. That's 47 starts out of 48 possible games. Sorry, that's two; there was the game he missed because of the stupid virus.

In fact, HB has started every game since 2017, other than the two previously mentioned.

He's not like you. He's never been one to find excuses not to work or decide to take a 'personal day,' whatever the **** those are. His résumé speaks for itself.

And we need him on the field because he scares the piss out of opposing OCs and QBs, not because he's a great motivational speaker. He's the ghost in our defense. he hides in plain sight making OCs sweat and QBs question themselves. And always the same question runs around in their heads and leaks out of their mouths: "where's 32? find 32 before you snap the ball."

Which does little to no good, because Honey Badger plays like his namesake: he's a con artist and a thief extraordinaire. He turns whatever part of the field he stakes out into his own personal Hall of Smoke and Mirrors.

Damn, some of you guys don't know shit about football. Hell, team sports in general.:-)
You lost him at facts and data. Keep in mind he calls himself a shrink but in reality he’s a glorified camp counselor.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:01 AM 01-25-2022
BlackOp may no longer be the biggest dumbass on CP anymore.

NFL rigging games might be more believable than the stupid shit ChiefShrink is posting
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:12 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

He's not like you. He's never been one to find excuses not to work or decide to take a 'personal day,' whatever the fuck those are. His résumé speaks for itself.

Don’t be so dramatic. He doesn’t scare the piss out of QBs and OCs. He’s a good coverage safety but he’s not Ed Reed or Charles Woodson.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:11 AM 01-25-2022
Grain of salt alert - Bob Fescoe says his sources say that Fenton and Mathieu are likely a go for this weekend. No idea if he has a source in the building or not. Also, there's this:

Thanks for all the prayers and support! I done shook back like only i can. God is faithful.

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) January 25, 2022

[Reply]
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up