ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any news on the Honey Badger? [expected to play]
HonestChieffan 10:43 PM 01-23-2022
Not anything on the local coverage....
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:13 PM 01-24-2022
I think Fenton is more important at this point. Hughes straight up fell down on two of the TDs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:16 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I think Fenton is more important at this point. Hughes straight up fell down on two of the TDs.
Hughes having a pristine PFF grade all season was one of the most damning indictments of PFF you'll ever see.

He had one damn good game. The rest of the year he's been a complete liability out wide. And he was so lost yesterday that we had to keep Sneed in the slot to keep Beasley from butchering us by 1000 papercuts.

Losing both Fenton and Mathieu created some pretty unique headaches there. The issue is that we'll have the SAME headaches if they're not back next week. And while Ward can hang with Diggs because Diggs isn't a burner, he really can't touch Chase.

So take the Buffalo issues and turn 'em up a peg as we can't even count on taking their #1 out of the equation like we did in shutting Diggs down yesterday.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:33 PM 01-24-2022
Encouraging early news…

Link: https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-safe...protocol-bills

Originally Posted by :
Coach Andy Reid said Monday that Mathieu is in protocol but said the safety feels good ahead of the AFC Championship Game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
"He's still in the protocol and going through it, but he feels good. We'll see how that goes moving forward," Reid said.

[Reply]
BossChief 02:39 PM 01-24-2022
He got concussed on a play he was making a “business decision” on. We really missed him out there communicating, but he’s been mailing it in on physical plays all year. We desperately need him Sunday though. Cincy has a legit shot if he and Fenton can’t go.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:40 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hughes having a pristine PFF grade all season was one of the most damning indictments of PFF you'll ever see.

He had one damn good game. The rest of the year he's been a complete liability out wide. And he was so lost yesterday that we had to keep Sneed in the slot to keep Beasley from butchering us by 1000 papercuts.

Losing both Fenton and Mathieu created some pretty unique headaches there. The issue is that we'll have the SAME headaches if they're not back next week. And while Ward can hang with Diggs because Diggs isn't a burner, he really can't touch Chase.

So take the Buffalo issues and turn 'em up a peg as we can't even count on taking their #1 out of the equation like we did in shutting Diggs down yesterday.
That's why the pass rush is so important. It masks a weak secondary. Burrow can't move around like Allen. The Bengals have a weak OL. Unfortunately, our DL sometimes makes backup O-lines play like the 2003 Chiefs.
[Reply]
rtmike 07:32 PM 01-24-2022
I sures hell hope he walks and we get a 3rd.

He's not the same and if it's cause of his contract, don't wanna another spirit Safety.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:34 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
and IMHO that hit to the head DID NOT LOOK THAT SERIOUS. I think he tapped out because he knew what was coming tonight, tackling Allen and getting torched by Allen and he just wasn't up the for the game. I know that sounds crazy but.....
Oh FFS :-)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:36 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He got concussed on a play he was making a “business decision” on. We really missed him out there communicating, but he’s been mailing it in on physical plays all year. We desperately need him Sunday though. Cincy has a legit shot if he and Fenton can’t go.
That’s the irony of it. He was coming in very low trying to avoid contact and got hit on the head by his own guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:42 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I think there’s a good chance that we see Baker out there instead of Hughes next week.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:51 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think there’s a good chance that we see Baker out there instead of Hughes next week.
Don't think there's a difference. They're both pretty fucking bad.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:01 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
and IMHO that hit to the head DID NOT LOOK THAT SERIOUS. I think he tapped out because he knew what was coming tonight, tackling Allen and getting torched by Allen and he just wasn't up the for the game. I know that sounds crazy but.....

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:03 PM 01-24-2022
The biggest issue with HBs absence was Spags didn't trust the replacements to run our normal defense. We went very vanilla and Allen and Daboll zeroed in on our coverages.

When Allen doesn't have to think he can look like a top 5 player. Throw in the lack of talent and it was what we saw.

Armani Watts was horrible. Thornhill as the lead dog safety looked lost.

Sad thing is we could have signed guys that cost 2 to 4 million and they would be worlds better.

Thornhill might be able to play in a different scheme. He just looks bad in ours. Sad because I was hoping for a lot more from a 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:05 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't think there's a difference. They're both pretty fucking bad.
Yeah, they both pretty much suck. At least Hughes is really athletic and can recover when he’s torched.

But we’re really talking douche and turd sandwich here.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:06 PM 01-24-2022
When he missed time before(Covid?). He came back and played tough that first game back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:07 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Sad thing is we could have signed guys that cost 2 to 4 million and they would be worlds better.

Thornhill might be able to play in a different scheme. He just looks bad in ours. Sad because I was hoping for a lot more from a 2nd round pick.
Yeah, it seems like safety is one of the few positions where supply outstrips demand most years. Especially when it comes to meter adequate safeties.

Seems like a pretty bad miss to have no depth there.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up