ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any news on the Honey Badger? [expected to play]
HonestChieffan 10:43 PM 01-23-2022
Not anything on the local coverage....
[Reply]
UK_Chief 01:26 PM 01-25-2022
HB’s problem is he’s been outspoken in his criticism of the chiefs and the fans on social media. I don’t believe for one second he’d deliberately miss game time to get back at the chiefs or protect himself or some shit, but people will always question his loyalty and desire because of the social media stuff.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 01:32 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This thread went dumb.

And it got worse......needs rompered, the dumbassery is overwhelming
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:49 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
HB’s problem is he’s been outspoken in his criticism of the chiefs and the fans on social media. I don’t believe for one second he’d deliberately miss game time to get back at the chiefs or protect himself or some shit, but people will always question his loyalty and desire because of the social media stuff.
I don't think any person is actually that stupid.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:51 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't think any person is actually that stupid.
Not according to the QUACK
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:48 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
And where are these 3rd and 4th down runs you speak of? Because as I recall Mathieu was injured during the first series, right?
You misunderstand, my point was I wish HB was in there stopping these 3rd and 4th down conversion runs to 1st downs with the old HB attitude.

suddenly decided to call it a day just minutes into the Divisional game. He just suddenly decided he'd had enough, that's your argument.
Pretty much. During that first series he recognized real quick Allen was going to be Deeboing more than usual and he wasn't having it and mailed it in. Which means he already had reservations to begin with and these signs have been evident for quite some time as some posters in this thread have already noted throughout the season.

These opinionated statements of mine about HB and his previous soft play this season and mailing it in this last game are not meant to be incendiary or some kind of personal judgement against the guy but rather evaluating "football character and commitment" to the game at hand. This is not evaluating his personal character off the field whatsoever but rather evaluating it "on the field". It's not surprising many have a "tender ass" or experienced some "red ass" or in CP's terms "butthurt" by my opinions of HB's play this season and most recent game. But I always try to deal in truth and reality in my posts in what I see(still an opinion and I get it) BUT we are all "flawed and human" and so is HB. We all get tired and burnt out and let up at times as does HB. This is all I am trying to get across is, is that HB is human and IMHO he doesn't have that "edge" any longer and that is OK. But IMHO again, don't put that uniform on unless you intend to use it and HB ain't been using it like he had in previous years.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:52 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
I'm not one of those folks and don't question his loyalty BUT I do question his desire is my point in all my posts.:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:40 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I'm not one of those folks and don't question his loyalty BUT I do question his desire is my point in all my posts.:-)
I hope he's Ok and I hope he plays and plays like the HB of old. If he's going to come in and play as he has in recent games give me Sorenson all day long X10.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:52 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You should check out the Draft subforum. Lots of discussion about Williams and the early mock drafts in general.

Right now, other than Williams, the guy a lot of people have us taking is Cameron Thomas, a good edge defender.
I've also seen us mocked taking Daxton Hill, safety for Michigan.
[Reply]
arrwheader 06:08 PM 01-25-2022
I'm thinking when you bitch on Twitter about your contract non stop, people are gonna question your effort when they see potential business decision plays. Don't do that then there's no noise.

Not saying he faked a concussion.

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:36 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
I'm thinking when you bitch on Twitter about your contract non stop, people are gonna question your effort when they see potential business decision plays. Don't do that then there's no noise.

Not saying he faked a concussion.

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
I had a "mechanical drawing" teacher in junior high that used this phrase all the time when he could see a mistake in your drawing. He was really a funny but caring guy which motivated you even more. But he would use the line: "Ain't saying it's wrong but it suuuuuuuuuuuure don't look right". I would say this about Tyrann's exit this last game.
[Reply]
loochy 07:49 PM 01-25-2022
I played for two and a half years before blowing out my knee. Albeit that was just two seasons in HS and a few months in college before I realized that my knee just wasn't going to support that level of play and i had to leave the team. But before that I also separated my right shoulder (type 3 sep) and partially dislocated my left shoulder, and sprained both ankles in that 2.5 seasons. I missed just four games prior to blowing out my knee, all due to my separated shoulder; couldn't wear pads with it for three weeks. I finally stuck a towel in there and took 4-5 Tylenol and bout the same amount of Advil just to get back on the field with my team.

Mostly I played in the secondary as a coverage CB, occasionally as a deep safety. Of course, none of that really qualifies me as any kind of expert on safety play at the NFL level, but your accusation was simply that I'd never played football or safety at any level, which I have.

Note: the above summary of my experience is basically why TM might not try to fly into every tackle with his head on fire. He is undersized, not much bigger than I was in HS, and one thing I learned in my short football career was that smaller guys flying full speed into bigger guys inevitably ends with the smaller guy getting hurt eventually. Picking your moments is definitely a better strategy. And just about every vet player does it/has done it, so I really never saw a problem as long as he was making tackles and playing big in the biggest moments in the playoffs.

And where are these 3rd and 4th down runs you speak of? Because as I recall Mathieu was injured during the first series, right? On a 4th-and-2 (3?) designed run play? Something like that? You'll have to give us a link or at least the drive number if you want to talk about some 3rd down play Mathieu was involved in.

So what you're saying is that Tyrann, who's played in all but two Chiefs games since coming over, started and played in 63 out of his last 65 possible games, played sick and hurt multiple times, suddenly decided to call it a day just minutes into the Divisional game. He just suddenly decided he'd had enough, that's your argument.

Yeah, I feel pretty confident calling BS on that.:-)
I thumbs downed this by accident. Sorry.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:01 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
I thumbs downed this by accident. Sorry.
Are you sure it wasn't a Freudian click ?:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 08:02 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I had a "mechanical drawing" teacher in junior high that used this phrase all the time when he could see a mistake in your drawing. He was really a funny but caring guy which motivated you even more. But he would use the line: "Ain't saying it's wrong but it suuuuuuuuuuuure don't look right". I would say this about Tyrann's exit this last game.
I wouldn't.

In fact I think seeing this secondary without him probably made him a decent amount of money...
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:10 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by :
“So, the only person who didn’t practice today was Tyrann (Mathieu),” Reid said. “He’s in the (concussion) protocol. Doing very well, we’ll just see how he does tomorrow. There is a chance if everything works out that he’ll be back.

If they could get him back at practice on Thursday, even in a limited capacity, it would significantly increase his chances of playing. That said, Mathieu is probably one of the only players on the team that Reid would trust to play in such a big game with limited or no practice.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022...rashad-fenton/
The 5 steps of concussion protocol.

1. Symptom limited activity rest

2. Light aerobic exercise cardio, stationary bike, treadmill, stretching

3. Football-specific excercises

4. Non-contact training drills

5. Full football activity Has to be cleared by an independent neurologist.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/list...lay-protocols/
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I've also seen us mocked taking Daxton Hill, safety for Michigan.
I actually prefer Brisker from PSU if we're looking for a straight-up replacement for Mathieu. He can play anywhere from the slot to the blitz edge to the back end and he's a bit bigger and longer than Hill.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up