Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any news on the Honey Badger? [expected to play]
HonestChieffan 10:43 PM 01-23-2022
Not anything on the local coverage....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:48 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You should check out the Draft subforum. Lots of discussion about Williams and the early mock drafts in general.

Right now, other than Williams, the guy a lot of people have us taking is Cameron Thomas, a good edge defender.
I want Travon Walker sooooooo baaaaadly.

It's really gonna chap my ass when he goes around 22. Man that dude's an ideal fit at DE with a savage interior rusher like Jones supporting him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:49 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Chase's long catch/run TD came completely because Mathieu didn't want to get dirty.

Ball was caught in front of him and rather than throw his body in there to at least occupy some traffic and slow Chase up, he ran alongside him for a bit and then lost his angle because Chase is faster than he is.

I said in a thread some time ago - professional athletes know how to jake without looking like they're doing it. They know how to release a full court heave 1/10th of a second after the buzzer so they look like they're trying but don't take the hit to their shooting percentage.

Mathieu knew he could 'keep his angles' and eventually get outrun without having to make contact. He also knew that he could've actually impacted that play. He chose the former.

Will he do it on Sunday? Hard to say - ducking contact from Allen wasn't a good look, but Allen had a head of steam and you do get caught to go low on guys who you're giving up that kind of size to. Sometimes discretion IS the better part of valor.

But fella - the eyes of the world will be upon you (you too, Frank). There's not going to be any place to hide.

Give it your all out there because the ones that will know if you don't are going to be the ones that matter.
It was brought up on Times Ours before the Bills game….that Mathieu has had about 3 games in a row where he’s played poorly. I don’t know if it’s age. I don’t know if it’s business decisions.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It was brought up on Times Ours before the Bills game….that Mathieu has had about 3 games in a row where he’s played poorly. I don’t know if it’s age. I don’t know if it’s business decisions.
If THIS is his "business decision", during the playoffs no less, he's not a very shrewd business man.

All eyes are on him, including other NFL front offices.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:59 AM 01-25-2022
If THIS is his "business decision", during the playoffs no less, he's not a very shrewd business man.

Who knows. Maybe he can feel that his body is just not right and so he’s not going to go 100%. Against the Steelers….we didn’t really need it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:01 PM 01-25-2022

Mathieu is exactly the kind of guy to think "Hey, my tape doesn't lie!!" when it comes to stuff like this.

The idea that a few games at the end of the year may undercut years of equity he built through hard-nosed play wouldn't even occur to him.

He could easily just have a bit of a blind-spot here.
[Reply]
O.city 12:10 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mathieu is exactly the kind of guy to think "Hey, my tape doesn't lie!!" when it comes to stuff like this.

The idea that a few games at the end of the year may undercut years of equity he built through hard-nosed play wouldn't even occur to him.

He could easily just have a bit of a blind-spot here.
I think it was the Cinci game or maybe the week before, he hurt a shoulder or arm or something but played thru it.

I'd give him some benefit of the doubt in that he doens't seem to be one to shy away from that stuff.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 01-25-2022
he good

His raps stink.

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) January 25, 2022

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:39 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dude has been so up and down this year. Really could use one of those up games next game.
Isn't this his first year in Spags system?? Give him more time and I bet by mid-season next year he will be nails.:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:43 PM 01-25-2022
I'm not ready to give up on Baker or Hughes at this point. They're former 1st-round picks and may end up being quality depth. We just need to be a bit patient.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:49 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-) What the fuck was that... :-) :-) :-)
Manly Yoga. Thursdays at 6pm
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:51 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Good God, do you ever check your facts or data before you open your big dumb mouth?

Mathieu has missed just one start as a Chief. That's 47 starts out of 48 possible games. Sorry, that's two; there was the game he missed because of the stupid virus.

In fact, HB has started every game since 2017, other than the two previously mentioned.

He's not like you. He's never been one to find excuses not to work or decide to take a 'personal day,' whatever the **** those are. His résumé speaks for itself.

And we need him on the field because he scares the piss out of opposing OCs and QBs, not because he's a great motivational speaker. He's the ghost in our defense. he hides in plain sight making OCs sweat and QBs question themselves. And always the same question runs around in their heads and leaks out of their mouths: "where's 32? find 32 before you snap the ball."

Which does little to no good, because Honey Badger plays like his namesake: he's a con artist and a thief extraordinaire. He turns whatever part of the field he stakes out into his own personal Hall of Smoke and Mirrors.

Damn, some of you guys don't know shit about football. Hell, team sports in general.:-)
Look in the mirror my friend. Obviously you have never played the game. Did you love those 3rd and 4th down conversion to 1st down runs by Allen that kept them alive so he 'could' make those rope TD passes that eventually surpassed us in the score of the game ??? Get back to me when you finally realize what a safety does when a QB decides to run and make no mistake Josh was not hiding the fact he was an actual RB on a lot of those plays as well especially in the first half.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:53 PM 01-25-2022
I'm not ready to give up on Baker or Hughes at this point. They're former 1st-round picks and may end up being quality depth. We just need to be a bit patient.
Totally concur !!:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 01:10 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:

OMG so fucking pumped. LFG
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:10 PM 01-25-2022
I hope he gets his spirit back
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:18 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Look in the mirror my friend. Obviously you have never played the game. Did you love those 3rd and 4th down conversion to 1st down runs by Allen that kept them alive so he 'could' make those rope TD passes that eventually surpassed us in the score of the game ??? Get back to me when you finally realize what a safety does when a QB decides to run and make no mistake Josh was not hiding the fact he was an actual RB on a lot of those plays as well especially in the first half.
I played for two and a half years before blowing out my knee. Albeit that was just two seasons in HS and a few months in college before I realized that my knee just wasn't going to support that level of play and i had to leave the team. But before that I also separated my right shoulder (type 3 sep) and partially dislocated my left shoulder, and sprained both ankles in that 2.5 seasons. I missed just four games prior to blowing out my knee, all due to my separated shoulder; couldn't wear pads with it for three weeks. I finally stuck a towel in there and took 4-5 Tylenol and bout the same amount of Advil just to get back on the field with my team.

Mostly I played in the secondary as a coverage CB, occasionally as a deep safety. Of course, none of that really qualifies me as any kind of expert on safety play at the NFL level, but your accusation was simply that I'd never played football or safety at any level, which I have.

Note: the above summary of my experience is basically why TM might not try to fly into every tackle with his head on fire. He is undersized, not much bigger than I was in HS, and one thing I learned in my short football career was that smaller guys flying full speed into bigger guys inevitably ends with the smaller guy getting hurt eventually. Picking your moments is definitely a better strategy. And just about every vet player does it/has done it, so I really never saw a problem as long as he was making tackles and playing big in the biggest moments in the playoffs.

And where are these 3rd and 4th down runs you speak of? Because as I recall Mathieu was injured during the first series, right? On a 4th-and-2 (3?) designed run play? Something like that? You'll have to give us a link or at least the drive number if you want to talk about some 3rd down play Mathieu was involved in.

So what you're saying is that Tyrann, who's played in all but two Chiefs games since coming over, started and played in 63 out of his last 65 possible games, played sick and hurt multiple times, suddenly decided to call it a day just minutes into the Divisional game. He just suddenly decided he'd had enough, that's your argument.

Yeah, I feel pretty confident calling BS on that.:-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up