Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Daniel Jeremiah’s First 2022 Mock Draft
staylor26 06:46 PM 01-21-2022
https://www.nfl.com/_amp/daniel-jere...is-among-3-qbs

Originally Posted by :
30. Kansas City Chiefs
SELECTION: Jameson Williams, WR
School: Alabama
Year: Junior

This just seems too perfect to not happen. Williams will slide after tearing his ACL in the College Football Playoff National Championship. God help the rest of the AFC if this speed merchant lands with Patrick Mahomes.

[Reply]
Bowser 06:58 PM 01-21-2022

via GIPHY

[Reply]
kccrow 07:29 PM 01-21-2022
Mixed feelings.

I really, really like Jameson Williams and what he could bring here.

The other half of my brain says he's probably a very limited contributor late in the season given he probably doesn't recover until September or October and then he has to work into playing football again and get reps. At best, he's getting snaps in December.

So now, you have a guy that you only have 3 years of, unless you end up picking up his option, and you aren't getting an immediate return from a 1st round pick. This is normally the type of player you'd hang your flier on in the 2nd round. I just don't think he's going to be there at the end of 2.

This is a little later into the process than Myles Jack, who went 36th overall given that Jack tore his meniscus, not his ACL, in September and was at least able to do some workouts in March. That's an injury that takes 3-6 months rather than 6-9.

I guess I'm leaning towards taking the chance he falls to the 2nd round pick or maybe moving up in that round to snag him at a certain point.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:30 PM 01-21-2022
I wouldn't complain in the slightest. Gosh, can you imagine just basically unleashing him in the playoffs?

His timeline would have him clearing for practice around October and maybe ready for game action by December/January. Would be a fun reinforcement/wrinkle to unleash.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:34 PM 01-21-2022
Picking 30? Fail!
[Reply]
Hoover 07:40 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I wouldn't complain in the slightest. Gosh, can you imagine just basically unleashing him in the playoffs?

His timeline would have him clearing for practice around October and maybe ready for game action by December/January. Would be a fun reinforcement/wrinkle to unleash.
I wouldn't hesitate in the least.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:17 PM 01-21-2022
Mixed feelings. He’s a freak.

Biggest concern I’d have is a repeat occurrence, or that his other knee might do the same thing.

If we get a top tier FA WR, resign Hill, then I’d be all in on it. If we are relying on him to be a critical role player in next year’s SB run, then maybe elsewhere…
[Reply]
Chargem 06:33 AM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Mixed feelings. He’s a freak.

Biggest concern I’d have is a repeat occurrence, or that his other knee might do the same thing.

If we get a top tier FA WR, resign Hill, then I’d be all in on it. If we are relying on him to be a critical role player in next year’s SB run, then maybe elsewhere…
A top tier WR free agent, and 1st round draft pick on a WR? It would be fun, but allocating that much resource to the offense would result in the defense being absolute garbage. Would be 2018 shoot out gams galore again.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:13 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chargem:
A top tier WR free agent, and 1st round draft pick on a WR? It would be fun, but allocating that much resource to the offense would result in the defense being absolute garbage. Would be 2018 shoot out gams galore again.
Not necessarily, we could make a FA splash on the Defensive side as well. We could sign a couple good defenders for what we are paying Clark.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:59 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Not necessarily, we could make a FA splash on the Defensive side as well. We could sign a couple good defenders for what we are paying Clark.
We get space from Clark, and the LDT trade was basically a "Here, you take this salary" deal. Cap goes up, we cut Hitchens who's pretty meh anyway.

Pat's contract is going up, though, and you've got a decision to make on Zeus. Pretty damn likely we're looking at a tag contract at least; I doubt the Chiefs just let him walk this year.

We probably have room for one decent free agent signing, but I wouldn't count on a second one other than rando smaller deals
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 10:29 AM 01-23-2022
I would absolutely love this pick!
[Reply]
BWillie 03:29 PM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Mixed feelings.

I really, really like Jameson Williams and what he could bring here.

The other half of my brain says he's probably a very limited contributor late in the season given he probably doesn't recover until September or October and then he has to work into playing football again and get reps. At best, he's getting snaps in December.

So now, you have a guy that you only have 3 years of, unless you end up picking up his option, and you aren't getting an immediate return from a 1st round pick. This is normally the type of player you'd hang your flier on in the 2nd round. I just don't think he's going to be there at the end of 2.

This is a little later into the process than Myles Jack, who went 36th overall given that Jack tore his meniscus, not his ACL, in September and was at least able to do some workouts in March. That's an injury that takes 3-6 months rather than 6-9.

I guess I'm leaning towards taking the chance he falls to the 2nd round pick or maybe moving up in that round to snag him at a certain point.
This is WHY you take the guy. I don't care if we have him early in the year. Top 15 guy who just got hurt. ACL injuries are really no big deal anymore, at least long term. Get massive value with this pick and we need a #2 WR badly.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:42 PM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This is WHY you take the guy. I don't care if we have him early in the year. Top 15 guy who just got hurt. ACL injuries are really no big deal anymore, at least long term. Get massive value with this pick and we need a #2 WR badly.
What issue are you solving in 2022 by making that pick? Certainly not your need for a #2 WR.

The chances are higher than they aren't that he makes no meaningful impact at all in 2022. The likelihood of him taking snaps before December is slim.

Now, if you're taking the guy for 2023, yeah, no issues right? Hopefully. While ACLs aren't a "big deal" most of the time, that doesn't mean they can't be. I don't expect it to be for him but you never know, and nobody will get to see him run before the draft to know for sure. It's a massive risk with a #1 pick that could be worth it long-term, but certainly not in the short term.

The only way this pick makes sense is if you can get a rental #2 for 2022 AND you can address some glaring needs elsewhere in FA. You take the guy because you have afforded yourself the luxury. Even then, there are plenty of other really good WRs in this class, not just in the 1st but going into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:08 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
What issue are you solving in 2022 by making that pick? Certainly not your need for a #2 WR.

The chances are higher than they aren't that he makes no meaningful impact at all in 2022. The likelihood of him taking snaps before December is slim.

Now, if you're taking the guy for 2023, yeah, no issues right? Hopefully. While ACLs aren't a "big deal" most of the time, that doesn't mean they can't be. I don't expect it to be for him but you never know, and nobody will get to see him run before the draft to know for sure. It's a massive risk with a #1 pick that could be worth it long-term, but certainly not in the short term.

The only way this pick makes sense is if you can get a rental #2 for 2022 AND you can address some glaring needs elsewhere in FA. You take the guy because you have afforded yourself the luxury. Even then, there are plenty of other really good WRs in this class, not just in the 1st but going into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
He'd be awesome in red and would be a huge bonus if we get to unleash him in next years playoffs.....as we go for back to back championships
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:59 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Unlikely he contributes much year one with the learning that needs done on the playbook.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up