ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>What if?
Chris Meck 09:32 AM 01-01-2022
I guess I'll put this here in the draft forum since it's hypothetical and not about this season.

We've seen Veach be VERY aggressive at fixing problem areas-see: offensive line, 2019 defense.

But now this defense is humming. The offense needs an influx of young WR and possibly RB talent but is also top notch.

'Run it back' actually worked very well other than a lack of OL depth which bit them in the end.

WHAT IF Veach decides to simply bring all of the defense back, just extending the deals and dropping the yearly cap hits on Clark, Ward, Hitchens, Mathieu? And brings Ingram back, too?

Or what if it's only Hitch that's gone? (I just think that's a no-brainer.)

Is that even financially feasible?

Or will Veach still move on from Clark, Reed, Hitchens, and some combo of Mathieu and Ward? I mean that's half your starting defense.

Around week 7 I would've said Veach would be gutting it 2019 style.

Now I'm not so sure.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:58 PM 01-13-2022
I’d like to get away from “star” DEs and move to quality depth that you can continually rotate and keep fresh.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM 01-17-2022
I think the 2020 off-season keeping the team together is a great idea. Obviously that means adjusting some contracts but I think guys like Clark, Thuney and Hitchens would do that.

Hitchens is and ideal 3rd backer and the other 2 are on cheap contracts. No problem.

I’d also like to keep Clark and Ingram. Get Clark to reduce his huge cap number so we can keep Ingram. I’m sure he’d be down for that.

Then draft a DE, WR and DB early be that valuable depth/extra force. They’d be ready to take over in 2023
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:48 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the 2020 off-season keeping the team together is a great idea. Obviously that means adjusting some contracts but I think guys like Clark, Thuney and Hitchens would do that.

Hitchens is and ideal 3rd backer and the other 2 are on cheap contracts. No problem.

I’d also like to keep Clark and Ingram. Get Clark to reduce his huge cap number so we can keep Ingram. I’m sure he’d be down for that.

Then draft a DE, WR and DB early be that valuable depth/extra force. They’d be ready to take over in 2023
NOPE. NOOOOOOO. NOPE.

I have tired of Clark's disappearing act.
Hitchens is our 3rd best LB, and most expensive, and in decline. I seriously doubt he'd come back for reduced money and reduced playing time. Bolton was drafted to take his spot anyway.

Ingram would probably come back for decent money at this stage of his career, and I'd love to have him. He's a dawg.

It's time to shuffle the deck some. Cut Clark, re-sign Ogbah and Ingram, draft a DE in round 1.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:07 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I posted recently about maybe Hitchens taking not much new money extension and sticking around. I wouldn’t hate that. No clue if he’d take it, but I wouldn’t hate it if it worked.

I see no inclination at all from Clark will work with The FO on the money. If he would why haven’t we yet?

I think he needs to go.
[Reply]
Toad 11:37 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’d like to get away from “star” DEs and move to quality depth that you can continually rotate and keep fresh.
Might be a bit aspirational to believe the team can get a “star” DE at the bottom of the 1st anyway.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 01-26-2022
I honestly don't care what they do with Hitchens at this point.

Clark, however, has to go.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:12 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I honestly don't care what they do with Hitchens at this point.

Clark, however, has to go.
If bringing back Hitchens in any way keeps Bolton and/or Gay off the field EVER, then fuck no.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:22 PM 01-26-2022
Hitchens can fuck off. Bolton has proven that he needs to be on the field a majority of the time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:43 PM 01-26-2022
The Chiefs aren't going to stymie Bolton or Gay just to get Hitchens back. If they do bring him back, it's not going to be to start over one of those guys. You guys worry too much. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:44 PM 01-26-2022
I wanted Hitchens gone last off-season.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up