ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 71
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 03:04 AM 11-22-2021
We won't get the #1 seed based upon 4 conference losses already.
There's a slight outside chance at the #2 seed, but I highly doubt we'll get that one either.
We're going in either as wildcard or division winner, and either of those are fine with me because I was sure we were going to miss the playoffs entirely. (And we still might)
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:34 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
After next week the chargers will be in first in the West. I don’t get why some of you are writing off the chargers winning the west. Chargers and Chiefs basically have the same schedule. The west is coming down to that Thursday night game and even that might be enough for the chiefs to win the west as the chargers have a better AFC record.
Their head coach was coaching division 3 football like 3 years ago. And he never had a coaching job that WASN'T division 3 before then. And none of them were head coaching positions.

One year as a LB coach and two years as a defensive coordinator in the NFL. That's fucking it. Never played in the league.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:50 AM 11-22-2021
I've given up trying to predict this season. It's completely bizarre and has no rhyme or reason.

KC is playing well, but if you told me we'd be leaning on our defense five weeks ago on a four game winning streak I would have laughed out loud.

There is no conventional wisdom this season in the NFL. It's bonkers.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:10 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Very good.

I sincerely believe we're going to win out.

We just need Tennessee to lose 2 out of 3 to PIT, SF and NE.
The way they’re playing right now, they’ll lose all three.

NE and the Chargers are probably the teams to beat now.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:21 AM 11-22-2021
We need to win out and need Buffalo to split with NE and lose to TB. The 1 would probably then be ours. It’s actually very doable.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:34 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I'm not trying to ruin your hope, i'm really not ... even if we win out we are a game behind the titans and we've lost the head-to-head with them. We also lost the head-to-head to Ravens,Titans and Bills, all teams competing for top playoff seeds. The math doesn't look good.

The patriots look like they are getting better and better. That bastard Belicheck is always a PITA. He's the one that started the scheme that ****ed with Superman Mahomes.

Both the Titans and Ravens lose two or more. Book it. Win out we are #1 seed.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:40 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Both the Titans and Ravens lose two or more. Book it. Win out we are #1 seed.
IF.

I agree. I think that would be the likely result.
[Reply]
O.city 07:57 AM 11-22-2021
If you win out, you will be the 1 seed. No one else getting to 13 wins.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:01 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Even if we get the 2 seed I like our chances of hosting the title game for the 4th year in a row. Titans can lose on a moments notice.
Don’t count out the Pats for the 1 seed. They beat Tits this week and they are the 1.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I've given up trying to predict this season. It's completely bizarre and has no rhyme or reason.

KC is playing well, but if you told me we'd be leaning on our defense five weeks ago on a four game winning streak I would have laughed out loud.

There is no conventional wisdom this season in the NFL. It's bonkers.
On any given Sunday is even more true this year.

The NFL is getting what they want, every fan base, no matter how much their team sucks, feels that maybe, just maybe they can get a win today.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:08 AM 11-22-2021
We average 30.5 ppg on the road and 21.5 at home.

The defense does better at home and it's always great for the fans to host a playoff game. Not to mention the sweet honor of potentially being able to host a fourth straight AFC Championship game.

But the offense is a fucking terror on the road. That's nearly 31 ppg on the road even accounting for that egg we laid in Tennessee.

I think I'll feel pretty confident regardless come playoff time. The biggest issue has always been being healthy at the right time.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:17 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We average 30.5 ppg on the road and 21.5 at home.

The defense does better at home and it's always great for the fans to host a playoff game. Not to mention the sweet honor of potentially being able to host a fourth straight AFC Championship game.

But the offense is a ****ing terror on the road. That's nearly 31 ppg on the road even accounting for that egg we laid in Tennessee.

I think I'll feel pretty confident regardless come playoff time. The biggest issue has always been being healthy at the right time.
I don't know. I feel like that's a misleading stat. It's situational, and not so much that it's home vs. away as WHEN and WHO the opponent was.

Defense is clearly better than earlier in the year. We've been at home what, the last 3 weeks? So I don't think it's as much the home/away split as WHEN and WHO.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:25 AM 11-22-2021
Titans are definitely losing in NE next weekend. That defense will swallow them up without Henry
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:46 AM 11-22-2021
If the Bills and Titans were meeting expectations, I'd say the Patriots are in for a rude awakening and could lose 4 straight after being yet another team everyone slobbers over because they have convincing wins over shit teams.... but, who the fuck knows given the past couple weekends.
[Reply]
philfree 08:48 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
After next week the chargers will be in first in the West. I don’t get why some of you are writing off the chargers winning the west. Chargers and Chiefs basically have the same schedule. The west is coming down to that Thursday night game and even that might be enough for the chiefs to win the west as the chargers have a better AFC record.
I don't know that you just pencil in a win for the Chargers at the Donks next week. Then Cincy on the road isn't a given. The Charger game is going to be huge just like the Raider game was. We saw what happened there.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 71
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up