ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 71
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:23 PM 11-21-2021
Let’s win the west first. That Thursday game is gonna suck. Going on the road on a short week vs chargers.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:25 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Let’s win the west first. That Thursday game is gonna suck. Going on the road on a short week vs chargers.
The road?

You mean Arrowhead Further West?
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:31 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Very good.

I sincerely believe we're going to win out.

We just need Tennessee to lose 2 out of 3 to PIT, SF and NE.
Knowing them, they'll probably win all of those and lose to the Jaguars and Texans.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:31 PM 11-21-2021
NE and SF seem like the only potential bumps in Tennessee's road unless they drop another turd like today.

I'd say it seems more likely than not Baltimore loses at least 2 more with their slate, definitely rough with CLE twice, GB, at CIN, and LA.

I don't think NE can beat BUF, especially twice, so they probably lose at least one more and probably a couple.

We don't have an easy slate at LAC, at CIN, and at DEN the way we're barely scraping wins out. Yes, a win's a win, but that doesn't mean I feel overconfident in running the table.

Buffalo has a pretty tough road the next few weeks. They probably lose a couple of those games.

The Chargers at DEN, at CIN, us, and at LV don't seem like guarantees.

If I had to pick a team to get the #1 seed, it's still TEN with fairly high odds. I think you could put the rest in a mixing bowl.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:38 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
You guys going to scream/laugh at the computer program too?

Oh, who said anything about greedy, WTF are you talking about?

We are an offensive team whose offense is a mess. That is a bad formula.
If Mahomes doesn't start being his old stud self, it's doubtful that we get the #1 seed.

If you 2 weren't blind homers, you wouldn't think we'd get it either.

We already lost to 4 teams in the AFC; Chargers and Bills at home and Titans, Ravens. Those are our playoff competitors. Why are you going nuts about it being considered a long shot? I know, i know ... you are super homers who believe that thinking the Chiefs will win everything somehow makes you better fans than everyone else. When really it just makes you idiots. :-)
I'm laughing at how much you fucking suck as a person lol
[Reply]
New World Order 11:43 PM 11-21-2021
I don’t think anyone other than the Chiefs could get to 13 wins.

Buffalo is a mess and they have to play NE twice and TB on the road

NE has a rookie qb

Tannehill isn’t carrying them to a 1 seed

Ravens will drop a couple in the division

That 1 seed is very much in reach.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:55 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When we were 3-4. Everyone thought the #1 seed and Home field advantage was gone. But, after today, is still a possibility.

We are 1 game back with 6 to play. Some teams have 7 games to play. Sure it’s a long shot. So was HFA in 2019 until Fitzmagic happened. Even if we are the #2 seed, we will get 2 home games to start the playoffs.
We lost to the Titans, so we're effectively 2 games back. Can it happen? Sure. But there's basically zero room for error.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:55 PM 11-21-2021
Fans are going to be so big mad if we just slide up and steal that one seed again :-)

You know no one wants to come to Arrowhead.

And you know it's so fucking unfair for us to have to play one less game.

It almost guarantees us the SB with the way the defense is right now.

:-)

THEY'LL BE SO BIG MAD WE JUST GONNA BE CHILLIN THAT WILD CARD WEEKEND
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 12:17 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Seriously, Jake. If the Chiefs offense is a mess, name an offense in the AFC that's not a mess. All of them have glaring flaws that can be exploited and cause them to implode for any reason.

The Chargers are a bunch of flaming pussies.

Shitsburgh has no line and Big Ben sucks

Buffalo can't run and Josh Allen still has yet to prove he can clear the same hurdle that was/is being thrown at Mahomes

The Patriots have no talented players and are QB'd by a Trent Dilfer clone

Cleveland and Baltimore are both pure ****ing messes right now.

Tennessee was a one-trick pony before Henry went down, and now they're missing that pony.
Cleveland is a mess now but Baltimore should be fine and somewhat formidable if they enter the playoffs healthy.

If Jones is Trent Dilfer and Patriots have no talented players on offense, how have the Patriots outscored the Chiefs this year by 16 points? Patriots have 300 points and not many NFL teams are better than that.

Yes, easier schedule has helped but Patriots have had the disadvantage of having to get a ton of new players on offense including a rookie QB up to speed.

The Patriots offense is a Honda Accord or Subaru. Nothing spectacular but pretty good when the line is healthy and team seems like it is built fairly well for December/January football. Trent Brown is back and while the offense doesn't have a skill position player that truly needs to be doubled, they have a bunch of "good players".
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:40 AM 11-22-2021
[QUOTE=MMXcalibur;15969714]Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Tennessee (8-3) (at NE, vs JAC, at PIT, vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (7-4) (vs CLE, at PIT, at CLE, vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

New England (7-4) (vs TEN, at BUF, at IND, vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Kansas City (7-4) (vs DEN, vs LV, at LAC, vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

Buffalo (6-4) (at NO, vs NE, at TB, vs CAR, at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

LA Chargers (5-4) (vs PIT, at DEN, at CIN, vs NYG, vs KC, at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Legit possibility of losses:

Tenn: 3 (losing to the Texans says a lot)

Balt: 7 (honestly they could lose out and it wouldn't surprise me)

NE: 3 (not counting the Tenn game which we need them to win)

KC: 2 (but don't think we lose again all year)

Buff: 3 (though I have a strange feeling that NO could knock them off this coming week)

LA: 3 (but really just need to make sure KC takes care of business to put another game between us)

Tenn ends up at 12-5

Balt ends up 10-7

NE ends up 11-6

Buff ends up 11-6

LA ends up 11-6

KC ends up 13-4 and gets the bye again. We may drop one and would need Tenn to drop 3 in that case.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:44 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Cleveland is a mess now but Baltimore should be fine and somewhat formidable if they enter the playoffs healthy.

If Jones is Trent Dilfer and Patriots have no talented players on offense, how have the Patriots outscored the Chiefs this year by 16 points? Patriots have 300 points and not many NFL teams are better than that.

Yes, easier schedule has helped but Patriots have had the disadvantage of having to get a ton of new players on offense including a rookie QB up to speed.

The Patriots offense is a Honda Accord or Subaru. Nothing spectacular but pretty good when the line is healthy and team seems like it is built fairly well for December/January football. Trent Brown is back and while the offense doesn't have a skill position player that truly needs to be doubled, they have a bunch of "good players".
If you're trying to say your offense is reliable, no, Jakobi Meyers catching shit from Mac Jones will not be reliable when you play legit teams in the playoffs.

"Belichick did it once before with Brady and Branch, doh!"

Careful, Icarus.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:47 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:

Super impressed with what they're doing in NE with a rookie QB but the playoffs are an entirely different animal. We need the attrition of NE and Buffalo to clear the way for us to get the 1 seed...
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:51 AM 11-22-2021
After next week the chargers will be in first in the West. I don’t get why some of you are writing off the chargers winning the west. Chargers and Chiefs basically have the same schedule. The west is coming down to that Thursday night game and even that might be enough for the chiefs to win the west as the chargers have a better AFC record.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:01 AM 11-22-2021
After next week the chargers will be in first in the West. I don’t get why some of you are writing off the chargers winning the west. Chargers and Chiefs basically have the same schedule. The west is coming down to that Thursday night game and even that might be enough for the chiefs to win the west as the chargers have a better AFC record.
Go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:38 AM 11-22-2021
The Chargers completely shit away a 17 point lead in the 4th to a terrible injured Steelers team tonight at home. They can't be relied upon whatsoever.

Do they have a legit chance to win the division? Yes. Will they? Nah.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 71
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up