ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 175 of 192
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:42 PM 01-24-2022
Gotta give props to Orlando Brown and the rest of the offensive line for their play yesterday. You couldn’t ask for much better.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:43 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Gotta give props to Orlando Brown and the rest of the offensive line for their play yesterday. You couldn’t ask for much better.
IDK, he seemed to be running for his life most plays.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:48 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
IDK, he seemed to be running for his life most plays.
Climbing the pocket /= running for his life.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:52 PM 01-24-2022
Nothing but incredibly tough assignments from here on out for him. Time to earn that $$$
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 03:19 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Climbing the pocket /= running for his life.
He was running, not climbing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:21 PM 01-24-2022
5th highest rated Chief last night.

He good.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:40 AM 01-26-2022
Nice…

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:17 AM 01-26-2022
As I've said many times, I thought Brown was a weird fit for this offense. I wasn't crazy about the idea.

That being said-

Some of you guys need to understand what you're seeing. If Brown rides the edge rusher out and back, and Patrick steps up in the pocket, that is not a loss. That's a win. That's totally fine. It's not the way Fisher played it; but Fisher was susceptible to bull rushers. Speed guys he could just stone. Brown's the other way 'round. So when a speed rusher is pushed out and around, you've negated their biggest weapon-SPEED.

Now, if the edge rusher is able to disengage and get PAST Brown on a bee-line to Patrick, that's a loss. That happens every once in awhile, but less and less as the season has gone on.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:19 PM 01-26-2022
We have to lock up Brown. Having a shaky LT is always a disaster.

Our signing needs are as follows imo:

1) Hill
2a) Brown
2b) Honey Badger
3) Ward

I know Hill isn't up this year, but this is the year to give him a new deal and reduce his 2022 cap hit in the process.

When I think of us going after a free agent WR, I don't think it's worth it if it means we can't keep one of the players above. Think about what we have behind them - nothing. We saw what our secondary looks like w/o HB. Not pretty.

Even if we draft a corner - what if he has a slow start? There's no guarantee a bottom of the first round corner is going to be better than Ward. Obviously you hope so. But if he isn't, you're screwed. I say draft DE and keep Ward (if we can).

Maybe we can do magic by giving Brown, Ward and Matthieu longer deals and making them cheaper now. We're going to hit a wall when Kelce and Hill lose a step. But we should still be in win now mode and sacrifice the future imo. I know those longer deals sucked with Houston and Berry. But if it's the only way then we should still do it imo.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:21 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
As I've said many times, I thought Brown was a weird fit for this offense. I wasn't crazy about the idea.

That being said-

Some of you guys need to understand what you're seeing. If Brown rides the edge rusher out and back, and Patrick steps up in the pocket, that is not a loss. That's a win. That's totally fine. It's not the way Fisher played it; but Fisher was susceptible to bull rushers. Speed guys he could just stone. Brown's the other way 'round. So when a speed rusher is pushed out and around, you've negated their biggest weapon-SPEED.

Now, if the edge rusher is able to disengage and get PAST Brown on a bee-line to Patrick, that's a loss. That happens every once in awhile, but less and less as the season has gone on.
All of this.

And also remember that there is no LT that wins every rep. It isn’t going to happen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:24 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
We have to lock up Brown. Having a shaky LT is always a disaster.

Our signing needs are as follows imo:

1) Hill
2a) Brown
2b) Honey Badger
3) Ward

I know Hill isn't up this year, but this is the year to give him a new deal and reduce his 2022 cap hit in the process.

When I think of us going after a free agent WR, I don't think it's worth it if it means we can't keep one of the players above. Think about what we have behind them - nothing. We saw what our secondary looks like w/o HB. Not pretty.

Even if we draft a corner - what if he has a slow start? There's no guarantee a bottom of the first round corner is going to be better than Ward. Obviously you hope so. But if he isn't, you're screwed. I say draft DE and keep Ward (if we can).

Maybe we can do magic by giving Brown, Ward and Matthieu longer deals and making them cheaper now. We're going to hit a wall when Kelce and Hill lose a step. But we should still be in win now mode and sacrifice the future imo. I know those longer deals sucked with Houston and Berry. But if it's the only way then we should still do it imo.
Nah. Mathieu can fuck off after this season. Already made it abundantly clear he's not accepting anything but top $$$ and it makes absolutely no sense to give it to him considering his best years are assuredly behind him.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:26 PM 01-26-2022
Who are you rolling with next year - Thornhill, Sorenson and Watts? High draft picks at safety and pray? A free agent that will cost as much as HB?

I agree though HB needs to lower his expectations. Highest paid safety is too high. Hopefully his shaky play late in the season will temper the market for him and we can get him for cheaper. We desperately need him given our situation. Not sure how many other teams are in that kind of desperate spot for a veteran safety who can QB the defense. Hopefully not many.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:27 PM 01-26-2022
Who are you rolling with next year - Thornhill, Sorenson and Watts? High draft picks at safety and pray? A free agent that will cost as much as HB?

I agree though HB needs to lower his expectations. Highest paid safety is too high. Hopefully his shaky play late in the season will temper the market for him and we can get him for cheaper.
Gladly spend a high pick or bring in a guy like Bates.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 01-26-2022

I agree though HB needs to lower his expectations. Highest paid safety is too high. Hopefully his shaky play late in the season will temper the market for him and we can get him for cheaper. We desperately need him given out situation. Not sure how many other teams are in that kind of desperate spot for a veteran safety who can QB the defense. Hopefully not many.
The FA safety market is chock full this coming offseason and there's a half dozen guys that will be in the ballpark but 5 or 6 years younger than HB. There's also quite a few good safeties that will be available day 1 or 2 in the draft.

Teams don't operate out of fear or desperation. That's how you end up making mistakes with long-term impact.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:31 PM 01-26-2022
Bates isn’t happening guys. Bengals have the 3rd most cap space. They could easily tag him.

They don’t have to pay Burrow, Higgins or Chase for at least 3 more years.
[Reply]
Page 175 of 192
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185 > Last »
Up