ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu Smith Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers.
JakeF 12:42 PM 03-19-2021
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...eal-nfl-rumors

JuJu Smith-Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers on 1-year deal
The Pittsburgh Steelers keep an offensive weapon in JuJu Smith-Schuster for the 2021 season.

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz Updated Mar 19, 2021, 1:30pm EDT

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
The Pittsburgh Steelers have seen many of their free agents leave to find new homes in the NFL. Players like Bud Dupree, Tyson Alualu and Mike Hilton are all calling a new team home. But one big name had yet to sign with another team.

That name was JuJu Smith-Schuster.

The longer Smith-Schuster remained a free agent, it seemed as if the chances were greater he would potentially return to the Steelers. Low and behold, Friday afternoon Smith-Schuster decided to stay in Pittsburgh, turning down offers from the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs to do so.

This from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network:

JuJu to the #Steelers on a 1-year worth $8M, source said. He had better offers from the #Ravens and the #Chiefs. But stays in PIT. https://t.co/Kz9aaR1srN

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 19, 2021
See what Smith-Schuster said himself on his verified Twitter account about returning:

This is my home, they’re gonna need a wrecking ball to take me outta here! PITTSBURGH I LOVE YOU, LET’S GO!!!!! pic.twitter.com/SPFvCLUmFl

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 19, 2021
So what did Smith-Schuster turn down to come back to Pittsburgh? According to NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti, the deals were as follows:

Sources tell me these were the other offers

KC 8 mill with 3 mill incentives
Steelers 8 mill
Baltimore 9 mill 4 incentives

— Taylor Bisciotti (@TaylorBisciotti) March 19, 2021
Additionally, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Eagles were also in the mix with a larger contract.

JuJu Smith-Schuster also turned down more money on a multi-year deal from the Eagles than he took to return to the Steelers, per source. The Eagles’ were a secret suitor. But Smith-Schuster loved Pittsburgh and its fans too much to leave. https://t.co/X8gitZYxwd

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 19, 2021
The return of Smith-Schuster might be viewed as him signing a one-year “prove it” type deal. With the salary cap dipping to $182.5 this year, it is safe to say Smith-Schuster is betting on himself to play well, and earn more money in 2022 when the salary cap is expected to balloon up over $200 million dollars.

In his four years in Pittsburgh, Smith-Schuster has seen his role tweaked as the wide receiver room has changed. Taking a league by storm his first two seasons, Smith-Schuster earned a Pro Bowl bid in 2018 when he had 1,426 receiving yards on 111 receptions. After an injury riddled 2019, as well as missing quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Smith-Schuster led the Steelers in receptions in 2020 with 97. His 831 receiving yards last season was third on the Steelers behind Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool, and his nine receiving touchdowns was tied with Claypool.

Be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes on the Steelers as
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:52 PM 01-16-2022
Tik Tok bitch
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:56 PM 01-16-2022
this guy is trash.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:58 AM 01-17-2022
Nice choice, JuJu.

Don't worry, Andy won't be calling again this off-season.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:10 AM 01-17-2022
no juju for juju last night
watch him take ab's spot in TB next year.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:13 AM 01-17-2022
We’ve done better with our combo of Hardman, Pringle and Robinson this year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:21 AM 01-17-2022
we are laughing

https://t.co/A5IkjzYoHJ pic.twitter.com/lXJ9fozd88

— Kali Mahomes (@ClayWendler) January 17, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:32 PM 01-25-2022
NOW he wants to come :-)

Report: JuJu Smith-Schuster interested in signing with Chiefs as free agent. https://t.co/PY2Hfp1wsG pic.twitter.com/FbWTGOdied

— theScore (@theScore) January 25, 2022

[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:35 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Cheap 1-2 year deal. Welcome aboard.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:36 PM 01-25-2022
I’ll still take him as a #2/3 WR. As long as he’s getting paid like one.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:38 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Cheap 1-2 year deal. Welcome aboard.
Fuck that, he can pay US to play here.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:39 PM 01-25-2022
I have a lot less interest in this vs last Spring. I think I would pass.
[Reply]
hawkchief 02:40 PM 01-25-2022

Take a number Juju. Lots of guys will want to come here. You might have missed your chance.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:41 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That’s where I’m at. I think we draft 1 pretty early and sign a vet like Juju on a discount.

Add that to Hill and Hardman. Pretty solid group. Much better than this year likely.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:45 PM 01-25-2022

Lol, he picked a bad year to be a F/A WR. There's gonna be some legit studs this offseason.

Chark please, thanks.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:46 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Veach offered $8M + $3M incentives last year.

Since then, he ****ed his shoulder up and put up shitty stats in just 5 games.

If we can get a combo of him AND EITHER Godwin OR Robinson, I'll be thrilled. Then we can get a developmental WR in the mid-rounds, and hopefully Powell has evolved in the offseason.

1- Tyreek Hill
2- Chris Godwin OR Allen Robinson
3- JuJu Smith-Schuster
4- Mecole Hardman
5- Byron Pringle
6- Rookie or Cornell Powell

Let D-Rob, Kemp, Gordan, Fountain etc... walk.

With that shored up, we can go all in on Defense in the draft, and maybe a random RT & RB or something for the offense.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up