ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu Smith Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers.
JakeF 12:42 PM 03-19-2021
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...eal-nfl-rumors

JuJu Smith-Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers on 1-year deal
The Pittsburgh Steelers keep an offensive weapon in JuJu Smith-Schuster for the 2021 season.

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz Updated Mar 19, 2021, 1:30pm EDT

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
The Pittsburgh Steelers have seen many of their free agents leave to find new homes in the NFL. Players like Bud Dupree, Tyson Alualu and Mike Hilton are all calling a new team home. But one big name had yet to sign with another team.

That name was JuJu Smith-Schuster.

The longer Smith-Schuster remained a free agent, it seemed as if the chances were greater he would potentially return to the Steelers. Low and behold, Friday afternoon Smith-Schuster decided to stay in Pittsburgh, turning down offers from the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs to do so.

This from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network:

JuJu to the #Steelers on a 1-year worth $8M, source said. He had better offers from the #Ravens and the #Chiefs. But stays in PIT. https://t.co/Kz9aaR1srN

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 19, 2021
See what Smith-Schuster said himself on his verified Twitter account about returning:

This is my home, they’re gonna need a wrecking ball to take me outta here! PITTSBURGH I LOVE YOU, LET’S GO!!!!! pic.twitter.com/SPFvCLUmFl

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 19, 2021
So what did Smith-Schuster turn down to come back to Pittsburgh? According to NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti, the deals were as follows:

Sources tell me these were the other offers

KC 8 mill with 3 mill incentives
Steelers 8 mill
Baltimore 9 mill 4 incentives

— Taylor Bisciotti (@TaylorBisciotti) March 19, 2021
Additionally, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Eagles were also in the mix with a larger contract.

JuJu Smith-Schuster also turned down more money on a multi-year deal from the Eagles than he took to return to the Steelers, per source. The Eagles’ were a secret suitor. But Smith-Schuster loved Pittsburgh and its fans too much to leave. https://t.co/X8gitZYxwd

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 19, 2021
The return of Smith-Schuster might be viewed as him signing a one-year “prove it” type deal. With the salary cap dipping to $182.5 this year, it is safe to say Smith-Schuster is betting on himself to play well, and earn more money in 2022 when the salary cap is expected to balloon up over $200 million dollars.

In his four years in Pittsburgh, Smith-Schuster has seen his role tweaked as the wide receiver room has changed. Taking a league by storm his first two seasons, Smith-Schuster earned a Pro Bowl bid in 2018 when he had 1,426 receiving yards on 111 receptions. After an injury riddled 2019, as well as missing quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Smith-Schuster led the Steelers in receptions in 2020 with 97. His 831 receiving yards last season was third on the Steelers behind Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool, and his nine receiving touchdowns was tied with Claypool.

Be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes on the Steelers as
[Reply]
notorious 07:18 PM 03-19-2021
I don't see any reason to have JuJu on this team.

None.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:41 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

None.
:-)
yep, he is a moron Steeler and can stay one.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:01 PM 03-19-2021
Guess winning Super Bowls isn't a high priority to him so glad we didn't get him.
[Reply]
In58men 08:35 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

None.
Juju

Hill

Kelce

Hardman

CEH

Tell me you wouldn’t be fucking excited to see this?
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 09:54 PM 03-19-2021
Fuck him, didn’t want to see him in a Chiefs uniform anyways, he can stay with a shitty ass franchise that has a rapist for a QB and has the nfl rig super bowls so he can win one.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:16 PM 03-19-2021
It's a down year for the cap...he took a one year deal to hit FA next off-season.

Playing 3rd wheel/learning a new system wasn't going to pad his stat sheet..it's a smart financial move.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:56 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Agreed, but it's yet another passive aggressive Jake F bitchfest
No, it's not.

It's you bitching about me again for no reason.

I repeated the title of the story. I didn't make it up myself. GFY.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:07 PM 04-08-2021
Wow Andy really wanted this guy

Originally Posted by :
“Andy Reid was just calling me and he was sending me Lombardi Trophy pictures, like constantly,” Smith-Schuster said on “The Michael Irvin Podcast,” via 610 Sports Radio. “We had a good talk, so it would have been KC after the Steelers.

“Like, he texted [Lombardi Trophy pictures] to me while I was trying to make a decision, and you know I have so much respect for him and his team, so yeah.”

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:09 PM 04-08-2021
Could’ve gotten JuJu now we left with D Rob
[Reply]
TLO 03:13 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Could’ve gotten JuJu now we left with D Rob
"Hi Friends, Jeff Briggs, Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep at 119th and I-35. Listen, I've got too much inventory and I'll do ANYTHING.... I mean ANYTHING to sell you a new car. We're dealing. Come take advantage of me. Think I'm kidding? Come see me on the showroom floor, I'll walk you into my office, and you can jam a stapler up my ass. Seriously. Up to the third knuckle if you like. This weekend it's our tent sale. I'll be on the roof of the dealership with a basket full of adorable golden lab puppies. And if we don't sell 100 pre-owned cars by Sunday at 6PM, I'll kill each and every one of these puppies. Still not enough? Come test drive a Dodge Challenger and my wife Wanda will give you a handie, absolutely free. One handie per customer please. And your trade has never been worth more. Hell, buy a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, and we'll accept your children in trade. We sell them into slavery in the third world. I don't care what you have to do to get here, just get here... I'm Jeff Briggs, and DAMN IT, GET OUT HERE AND BUY A CAR, AND BUY IT TODAY!!!!!!"
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:19 PM 04-08-2021
Andy should've made him an offer he couldn't refuse: Texted him pics of his mother with a gun to her head, saying "Either her brains or your signature will be on this contract."
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:18 PM 04-08-2021
They should have ‘shopped his Frenchie in a Chiefs jersey.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:04 PM 04-08-2021
Andy should have made a tiktok of himself dancing on a steelers logo

JuJu career numbers with the steelers

team record
2017 - 13-3
2018 - 9-6
2019 - 8-8
2020 - 12-4

two playoff games ever both losses
2017 - LOSS - 42-45 Jacksonville over Steelers
2020 - LOSS - 37-48 Cleveland over Steelers

keep dancing you fucking wierdo
[Reply]
BossChief 10:24 PM 04-08-2021
He would have been a solid #2 WR for a year here and would have gotten us a nice comp pick the following year when we would let him walk in a filthy right free agency period...but we will get a solid #2 in the draft that will be cheap.

Next year will be a learning curve at WR at the beginning of the year...but once the kids get acclimated, skys the limit. I bet we draft 2wrs. 1 in the first 3 rounds snd one after the first 3 rounds.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:44 AM 04-09-2021
Ju Ju is a moron. He's decided he wants to be on a losing team.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up