ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu Smith Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers.
JakeF 12:42 PM 03-19-2021
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...eal-nfl-rumors

JuJu Smith-Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers on 1-year deal
The Pittsburgh Steelers keep an offensive weapon in JuJu Smith-Schuster for the 2021 season.

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz Updated Mar 19, 2021, 1:30pm EDT

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
The Pittsburgh Steelers have seen many of their free agents leave to find new homes in the NFL. Players like Bud Dupree, Tyson Alualu and Mike Hilton are all calling a new team home. But one big name had yet to sign with another team.

That name was JuJu Smith-Schuster.

The longer Smith-Schuster remained a free agent, it seemed as if the chances were greater he would potentially return to the Steelers. Low and behold, Friday afternoon Smith-Schuster decided to stay in Pittsburgh, turning down offers from the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs to do so.

This from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network:

JuJu to the #Steelers on a 1-year worth $8M, source said. He had better offers from the #Ravens and the #Chiefs. But stays in PIT. https://t.co/Kz9aaR1srN

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 19, 2021
See what Smith-Schuster said himself on his verified Twitter account about returning:

This is my home, they’re gonna need a wrecking ball to take me outta here! PITTSBURGH I LOVE YOU, LET’S GO!!!!! pic.twitter.com/SPFvCLUmFl

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 19, 2021
So what did Smith-Schuster turn down to come back to Pittsburgh? According to NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti, the deals were as follows:

Sources tell me these were the other offers

KC 8 mill with 3 mill incentives
Steelers 8 mill
Baltimore 9 mill 4 incentives

— Taylor Bisciotti (@TaylorBisciotti) March 19, 2021
Additionally, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Eagles were also in the mix with a larger contract.

JuJu Smith-Schuster also turned down more money on a multi-year deal from the Eagles than he took to return to the Steelers, per source. The Eagles’ were a secret suitor. But Smith-Schuster loved Pittsburgh and its fans too much to leave. https://t.co/X8gitZYxwd

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 19, 2021
The return of Smith-Schuster might be viewed as him signing a one-year “prove it” type deal. With the salary cap dipping to $182.5 this year, it is safe to say Smith-Schuster is betting on himself to play well, and earn more money in 2022 when the salary cap is expected to balloon up over $200 million dollars.

In his four years in Pittsburgh, Smith-Schuster has seen his role tweaked as the wide receiver room has changed. Taking a league by storm his first two seasons, Smith-Schuster earned a Pro Bowl bid in 2018 when he had 1,426 receiving yards on 111 receptions. After an injury riddled 2019, as well as missing quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Smith-Schuster led the Steelers in receptions in 2020 with 97. His 831 receiving yards last season was third on the Steelers behind Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool, and his nine receiving touchdowns was tied with Claypool.

Be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes on the Steelers as
[Reply]
cmh6476 12:42 PM 03-19-2021
this is being labored to death in the free agent thread :lol:
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:44 PM 03-19-2021
His loss.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:56 PM 03-19-2021
Just like with Trent Williams, it's his loss.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:56 PM 03-19-2021
I would like to know how someone with the ego of JuJu or Antonio Brown would do at the Chiefs.

Would Andy, Kelce, HB, and Mahomes be able to take them and turn them into honorable humans? Winning can do that. So can the right people.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:57 PM 03-19-2021
Oh, good, a separate bitch thread
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:00 PM 03-19-2021
Why is this a thread? We have already talked it to death in the FA thread where it belongs.

Oh that's right, you want to be a whiny, toddler
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:03 PM 03-19-2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:06 PM 03-19-2021
Good deal.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 01:08 PM 03-19-2021
I guess we’ll be resigning D-Rob.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:16 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I would like to know how someone with the ego of JuJu or Antonio Brown would do at the Chiefs.

Would Andy, Kelce, HB, and Mahomes be able to take them and turn them into honorable humans? Winning can do that. So can the right people.
I don't see how JuJu's attitude can even be compared to someone like Antonio Brown. JuJu is a good teammate.
[Reply]
notorious 01:19 PM 03-19-2021
Thank goodness
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:20 PM 03-19-2021
Sounds legit
[Reply]
jettio 01:21 PM 03-19-2021
I wonder how much of the alleged incentives offered by Ravens and Chiefs was about being less of an attention whore.

Publicizing allegedly rejected offers seems like another dick move.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:26 PM 03-19-2021
Big Ben is a stud
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up