ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 37
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020-21 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
comochiefsfan 10:08 PM 12-02-2020
Apologies if someone else already started this, but thought I would get the conversation going if not.

Hell of a win tonight. Pinson is a stud. Tilmon looks to have finally learned how to defend without fouling.

Definitely a promising start to the season. 2-0 and looks like this has a chance to be the best team of the Cuonzo era up to this point.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 10:11 PM 12-02-2020
Great win, Cuonzo has built a talented, experienced team.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:15 PM 12-02-2020
That was a great game. Fun to watch and the guys looked really good.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:18 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
Great win, Cuonzo has built a talented, experienced team.
This team really should be good. TONS of senior experience and guys who have played lots of minutes together, which is typically what it takes to be a good college team.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:19 PM 12-02-2020
Pinson looked really solid.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 10:20 PM 12-02-2020
That was a good win for sure. Too early to tell but they do look much better compared to last year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:21 PM 12-02-2020
That was the first time I’ve enjoyed watching a Mizzou hoops game since the Porter season.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:24 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That was the first time I’ve enjoyed watching a Mizzou hoops game since the Porter season.
Yeah it's been a hard product to watch the last couple seasons. Cuonzo is clearly a good defensive coach and a guy that can rally a team together. I've long thought that if he could reconcile that with a more fast paced offense that he would be able to get something going.

Scoring 80 against a quality opponent is a good sign and hopefully a trend that will continue as the year goes on.
[Reply]
warpaint* 06:31 AM 12-03-2020
Didn’t expect this.
Wonder if it’s a mirage.
Pleasant surprise.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:35 AM 12-03-2020
They are good?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:35 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I forgot they played last night.
[Reply]
warpaint* 08:35 AM 12-03-2020
Hard to say in a year like this

Idk anything about where Ore was at as a team, how much preparation they had, how good they really are, etc.

But it would make sense if Mizzou was decent. It’s a senior laden team and it’s the best they’ve looked in a long time. They beat some decent teams ly but it always looked like someone playing down to our level. It didn’t look like that last night

This might not be popular but it might not be the best thing for MU hoops long term to extend this regime with a decent year

The biggest lie we were sold was that Cuonzo could recruit. After that first year we’ve lost dang near every battle. The incoming class is chock full of stiffs to supplement a roster that’s going to be gutted after the season.

Having said that Cuonzo seems like a good and likable man. It’s not a fun situation to ponder broadly. He will need to kill it in the transfer market.
[Reply]
kepp 08:56 AM 12-03-2020
I was looking for a stream for the game but couldn't find any. Does anyone have a go-to site for college bball?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:14 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by warpaint*:

Idk anything about where Ore was at as a team, how much preparation they had, how good they really are, etc.

But it would make sense if Mizzou was decent. It’s a senior laden team and it’s the best they’ve looked in a long time. They beat some decent teams ly but it always looked like someone playing down to our level. It didn’t look like that last night

This might not be popular but it might not be the best thing for MU hoops long term to extend this regime with a decent year

The biggest lie we were sold was that Cuonzo could recruit. After that first year we’ve lost dang near every battle. The incoming class is chock full of stiffs to supplement a roster that’s going to be gutted after the season.

Having said that Cuonzo seems like a good and likable man. It’s not a fun situation to ponder broadly. He will need to kill it in the transfer market.
I'm just as down on CM as anyone, but the incoming class actually doesn't look all that bad. It's certainly better than the previous year, and better than the year before that considering the players who transferred out. There's some decent pieces in the class, just probably no stars. That's the problem with CM, he does lose out on nearly every recruiting battle and never finds that top player to put it all together. And this year had better be decent for his sake, because we are right back to the cellar in the SEC yet again under him afterwards.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:13 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by warpaint*:

Martin's early success recruiting really surprised me and had me thinking maybe I'd been wrong about him. I wasn't. The dude is not an elite recruiter and has NOT taken his recruiting to a different level while being close to home.

I think part of the issue is that he had so much job security after Year 1 (due to his contract) that he stopped recruiting kids - or didn't heavily pursue them - that he perceived as potential problems.

The class that's coming in would be fine if he had experienced upper classment he was adding it to (he doesn't) or if he had go-to type players on the roster or in the class. It's not an instant impact class, so he's going to need to dip back into the grad transfer arena to get that. Something he hasn't really done so far...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 37
1 234511 > Last »
Up