ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>They want to remake Twister.
displacedinMN 05:13 PM 06-24-2020
:-)
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...al-1234648589/

Is nothing sacred anymore? Has Hollywood officially run out of ideas? This is blasphemy!!!!

Time to boycott, protest and cancel. Riot. Loot the streets. Burn down the movie theater.

#dontrebootTWISTER

Fuck no.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:41 PM 06-24-2020
, Bill Paxton is rolling over in his grave smh
[Reply]
Bowser 08:11 PM 06-24-2020

[Reply]
Fish 11:17 PM 06-24-2020
Only if Helen Hunt shows her tits this time... Like flapping in the tornado wind...
[Reply]
Fish 11:20 PM 06-24-2020
Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
JD10367 04:25 AM 06-25-2020
There are many moves which IMO do not age well with time. I watch movies I loved when younger, like "Ghostbusters" and "Backdraft" and "Top Gun", and just find them kinda fucking stupid now. "Twister" goes into that category. Loved it when I first saw it. Now I realize it's just filled with stupid hokey unbelievable dialogue and more unbelievable effects.

Hollywood has definitely jumped the shark with remakes. At this point they're remaking remakes that were remakes of remakes. If they're going to keep this shit up, at least pick better starting points.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:10 AM 06-25-2020
The most unrealistic thing about Twister is any man picking Helen Hunt over Jamie Gertz. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:14 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The most unrealistic thing about Twister is any man picking Helen Hunt over Jamie Gertz. :-)
No kidding.

While I always found Hunt to be cute, Gertz is a total smoke show.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:22 AM 06-25-2020
At some point, someone has to make it STOP! If I recall, the trailer had several scenes that weren't even in the movie. And the final scene where they are in a barn full of pointy tools was just dumb.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:58 AM 06-25-2020
I don't mind a remake, honestly. The issue is most remakes are shit.

Off the top of my head, I enjoyed the recent-ish Dredd, Total Recall, Robocop, and Pet Sematary remakes because they were decent.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:02 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't mind a remake, honestly. The issue is most remakes are shit.

Off the top of my head, I enjoyed the recent-ish Dredd, Total Recall, Robocop, and Pet Sematary remakes because they were decent.
I didn't even know there was a Total Recall remake. Is it good or like so bad it's good?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:14 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I didn't even know there was a Total Recall remake. Is it good or like so bad it's good?
YMMV, but I liked it because I thought it was decent. Maybe I was going into it with such low expectations that it pleasantly surprised me, idk.

It's got Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale (yum), and Jessica Biel. You should definitely check it out if you're a fan of the original.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:14 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by RN47:
I think in light of current events, they should remake Them! about giant mutant ants. I’d pay to see that.
Or BUG (1975 or 76) that was a wild ride

As for a Twister remake, the problem out of the gate is there have been countless natural/global disaster movies since then, each trying excessively to top the special effects of its predecessor.

So the director, writers and digi efx artists of the remake face the challenge of re-creating the original's awe of the tornados and devastation as well as the overall tension and adrenaline rush of chasing them.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:34 AM 06-25-2020
For anyone who made it to Universal Florida - the twister attraction was better than the film.

and maybe on remaking "They Live"......but only if they leave in the 12 minute fight scene!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:39 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
For anyone who made it to Universal Florida - the twister attraction was better than the film.

and maybe on remaking "They Live"......but only if they leave in the 12 minute fight scene!
I never got to see the Twister attraction. Many people made fun of the Paxton into. Looked bad.

I wanted to buy the Dorothy from Universal-it was on ebay. It went for 2700 bucks.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:58 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
That was a lot of fun. The ending was great!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up