ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 27
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All I Have is a Photograph....
gblowfish 08:05 PM 04-05-2020
With all the shelter at home stuff, thought I'd start a fun thread to help get our minds on better times. I am not a professional or high level amateur photographer, but I have taken some cool pictures over the years. If you've taken pictures that you're proud of, how bout posting a couple,and explaining what they are?

I'll Start:

St. Louis July 2003. I was staying downtown in that beer can shaped hotel by the arch. I got a call around midnight that my mom was taken to ICU in Arkansas, and was in bad shape. I got up at dawn as the sun was rising over the Mississippi river. I took this picture looking east. Went to the chapel in the center and said a prayer for my parents. Mom got out of ICU 66 days later.

Alley Springs, MO: From around 2002, near Eminence,MO.

Hotel Bothwell, Sedalia,MO. Shot at sundown in downtown Sedalia.

Desoto Sign, Carthage, MO. On a trip to Arkansas, took the scenic route 2018.

Missouri Hwy 13 Bridge, Lexington, MO: Looking north during the flood of 1993.
Attached: Arch Steeple.jpg (97.8 KB) Alleyspring.jpg (113.8 KB) bothwell.jpg (104.9 KB) DeSoto2.jpg (99.2 KB) lexbridge1993.jpg (108.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:07 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Neowise heading NE over the San Tan mountains just outside Phoenix this morning.

How long (time) was it visible?
Cool Shot
[Reply]
eDave 09:23 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You just happened to be outside with your camera? Amazing.
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:

How long (time) was it visible?
Cool Shot
Planned trip out of the city lights to see it. There were about a dozen other people there with many cars pulled over on the highway. It was visible about 90 minutes before sunrise for the last two days and will return after July 15 but after sunset.

Overall it looked static in the sky with the sunrise washing away the view.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:30 AM 07-10-2020
I just read that this thing can be seen every morning? I assumed it was going to be here and gone like a thief in the night.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:33 AM 07-10-2020
Left the house to go exercise. The house next door had an Osprey sitting on a pole with its lunch, a sea trout.

[Reply]
ptlyon 09:41 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I just read that this thing can be seen every morning? I assumed it was going to be here and gone like a thief in the night.
I hadn't heard of it either, so looked it up. Can't believe I hadn't heard of it.

The only thing more amazing than that photograph is that Dave was sober enough to take it.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:40 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Left the house to go exercise. The house next door had an Osprey sitting on a pole with its lunch, a sea trout.

[Reply]
Rain Man 01:41 PM 07-10-2020

You owe us a picture or 977 more words.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:54 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
You owe us a picture or 977 more words.
bummer I can see the picture.
Attached: 14JBIoE_SZifViT1M2cBwQ.jpg (155.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:02 PM 07-10-2020
bummer I can see the picture.
There it is!

It was odd. When I quoted you I could see the link, but the picture didn't show up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:56 PM 07-10-2020
There it is!

It was odd. When I quoted you I could see the link, but the picture didn't show up.
They are some very aggressive birds. All the other animals and birds(besides the crocs) give them a wide berth. Some bird happens into an Ospreys sight, if the Osprey looks at the bird, no matter how far away it is, it immediately takes off. Some bald eagles are nesting around here but they usually go somewhere else instead of fighting the Ospreys.

We have the tallest tree on the Island where we live. An Osprey built a nest there. It seems to have squawking babies there year around for the last 3 years.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:56 PM 07-10-2020
There it is!

So, if you want the geekyness behind it (and perhaps useful considering this thread is all about posting pics)...

If you go to the link, you get HTTP ERROR 401, which is 'unauthorized'... so, it's not public beyond BRC's Amazon.

BRC might be able to see it though, because it's his picture and cached in the browser.

Also, image tags don't do well if the URL doesn't point directly to the picture... in this case, instead of CP trying to hit and display amazon.com/TroutUpAPole.jpg, it's just going to some page, and one that it can't reach.

via Gfycat

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:04 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
So, if you want the geekyness behind it (and perhaps useful considering this thread is all about posting pics)...

If you go to the link, you get HTTP ERROR 401, which is 'unauthorized'... so, it's not public beyond BRC's Amazon.

BRC might be able to see it though, because it's his picture and cached in the browser.

Also, image tags don't do well if the URL doesn't point directly to the picture... in this case, instead of CP trying to hit and display amazon.com/TroutUpAPole.jpg, it's just going to some page, and one that it can't reach.

via Gfycat

thanks man, I thought I’d changed the rights to public. I was hoping to use it instead of imgur etc. sites.

I threw 20K+ pics up on Amazon for safekeeping. They are pretty liberal with their pic storage options. Vids, not so much.
[Reply]
srvy 10:56 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Did you get the leatherman back?
yes, it was returned.

Hell, my truck went through security every day had to open all doors and hood. I was to stand to the side present my driver's license and JE Dunn contractor ID card couldn't miss it on my belt. That truck is full of sledgehammers shovels brush hooks and machetes all sorts of sharp pointy things. I dont blame the guard just doing his job.
[Reply]
srvy 11:01 PM 07-10-2020
NEOWISE over the San Tan mountains just outside Phoenix this morning.

Galaxy S10e. Pro settings: F/1.5,4". ISO400. 6 stacked frames (burst shots) to produce the final image using CombineZP.
Thats a great pic! Better than anything I ever saw from Dave Lane.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 04:05 AM 07-11-2020
I did a bridge:

Amelia Earhart Bridge.
Thank you for the last picture of the Amelia Earhart Bridge...I grew up in Atchison Kansas. I never remembered it looking like that though.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 27
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up