ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>Which Great Movie Do You Actually Hate?
Frazod 04:55 PM 02-21-2019
This video popped up on my YouTube feed. Seemed like a good basis for a thread.

The five films discussed in the video, panned by various Brits to the general disdain of other Brits off camera, are The Shining, Forrest Gump, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Gone With the Wind and The Blair Witch Project.

I think the first three guys are mostly nuts, wholeheartedly agree regarding GWTW, and argue that Blair Witch was never great in the first place.

So what great movie(s) do you hate? I'll chime my picks in later.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:40 PM 02-23-2019
Napoleon Dynamite had some funny parts...but it was a really stupid movie.

Kip was undoubtedly the funniest character in that film.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:47 PM 02-23-2019
Pulp Fiction
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:50 PM 02-23-2019
Sin City
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:57 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Napoleon Dynamite. Ughh.... I didn't make it through half that stupid movie...
YOU CAN GET SOME TOO BOY

Can't imagine going through life without the necessary funny bone to love that movie, an absurdity based in reality... if you weren't one of the characters from it back in school, then you know someone who was
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:02 PM 02-23-2019
Water World
[Reply]
Frazod 05:49 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
YOU CAN GET SOME TOO BOY

Can't imagine going through life without the necessary funny bone to love that movie, an absurdity based in reality... if you weren't one of the characters from it back in school, then you know someone who was
Jon Heder has the most punchable face on earth. The poster alone pissed me off.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:12 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:52 PM 02-23-2019
:-) yeah....
[Reply]
RunKC 10:54 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Pulp Fiction
WTF GIF from Wtf GIFs

[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:12 PM 02-23-2019
Birdman.

Complete garbage.

Napoleon Dynamite. Ughh.... I didn't make it through half that stupid movie...

Both of these are excellent choices. I couldn’t finish Birdman and I rarely don’t finish movies. I mean, I even finished Gods of Egypt.
[Reply]
007 11:59 PM 02-23-2019
See we do agree on some movies
[Reply]
Rausch 06:48 AM 02-25-2019
Which Great Movie Do You Actually Hate?
Any movie released in the last 4 years that was considered great.

I never did find Dr. Strangelove all that great. I love dark comedy and loved cold war flicks and for whatever reason I just don't care for it at all.

Same for Fargo.

Never did like Pretty Woman.
[Reply]
loochy 08:09 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
A Clockwork Orange is just a weird gigantic piece of shit. I could barely get through the first 30 mins.

Me and my friends rented and watched that one Friday night during my senior year of high school. We were confused and disturbed.

10 years later I watched it again and appreciated it. I think you need to be in the right frame of mind and you have to pay VERY close attention to be able to make sense of their funny language usage. Example
Originally Posted by :
"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."
or
Originally Posted by :
Doobiedoob, a bit tired maybe, best not to say more. Bedways is rightways now, so best we go homeways and get a bit of spatchka. Right-right?
^WTF? It takes a bitof effort to make sense of that rubbish.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I can usually appreciate weird shit... but sometimes Wes Anderson films really piss me off.

I loved Grand Budapest Hotel, but I fucking hate Life Aquatic and all the flaming douchebags who buy and wear those fucking beanies from the movie.
That move was a lot like Kingsman for me (though obviously very different in tone).

I watched it because it was there and I couldn't think of anything else to watch. I remembered the reception being pretty good and thought "eh, why not"

And when it was over I just sat there thinking "Damn, I did not see that coming. That movie was great!"

Like you, I can get a worn out on Wes Anderson; you know he'd be absolutely intolerable to hang out with. But for whatever reason, every single thing he does that can irritate the hell out of me in something like Moonrise Kingdom (a movie I REALLY wanted to like) worked perfectly in Grand Budapest Hotel.

Best I can come up with is better casting, but his movies tend to have about 70% overlap when it comes to actors. He's about as creative there as John Ford was.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:19 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like you, I can get a worn out on Wes Anderson
If you like Wes Anderson, but sometimes wish he wasn't so Wes Anderson-ey, check out the series Patriot.

It starts out taking a bit to adjust to rhythmically, but it builds quite nicely. I said more about it in the Must See Series thread, but I didn't mention the Wes Anderson-ness. It's mostly in the dryness, the deadpan, the camera blocking, and in the musical choices which are prime.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up