ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Media Center>Joe Montana Football 2016?
The Franchise 09:54 AM 03-17-2015

It just got Unreal @unrealengine #joemontanafootball16 pic.twitter.com/yt0WivWFmO

— Joseph Montana (@JoeMontana) March 17, 2015

I can't do any research because I'm at work.....but hopefully this is legit.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:01 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
pc football? so ****ing in.
I'm just sad we never saw the day of the NCAA hoops or NCAA Football on PC..well unless you count 1998 which i don't.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:06 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:

[Reply]
hometeam 02:07 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I'm just sad we never saw the day of the NCAA hoops or NCAA Football on PC..well unless you count 1998 which i don't.
Eh, I neve rreally got into the ncaa games, I am very happy and have put hundreds of hours into 2k pro basketball games on pc.

Also, PC FOOTBALL? LETS DO THIS.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 02:08 PM 03-17-2015
https://games.yahoo.com/news/joe-mon...020022753.html

Joe Montana, the legendary NFL quarterback, is once again lending his name to a football video game. Called Joe Montana Football 16, the game is in development in Unreal Engine 4, announced Montana on Twitter today.

The tweet contains a screenshot bearing the Unreal Engine 4 logo. Along with the image, Montana said, "It just got Unreal," and mentioned the Unreal Engine Twitter account along with the hashtag #joemontanafootball16.

Montana, 58, has been teasing Joe Montana Football 16 since July 2014, when he tweeted artwork of himself in a generic football jersey with the hashtags #joemontanafootball16 and #youvewaitedlongenough. He followed that up in October with a video of himself recording motion capture, along with his in-game model mapped to the motion capture, tagged with #morethanarosterupdate and #montana16. The former hashtag refers to a common derisive refrain among gamers: the idea of annualized sports games as nothing more than "roster updates."

Today's screenshot makes Joe Montana Football 16 look like a game that lacks official licensing from the NFL and the NFL Players Association — in other words, it does not appear to contain real NFL teams or current NFL players. There's no word yet on developers, publishers or platforms for Montana 16, but being an unlicensed product would open up the game to being released on consoles, like 2010's Backbreaker.

Electronic Arts maintains licensing agreements with the NFL and NFLPA, exclusive contracts that prevent any other publishers from making console games with real NFL teams or players. An unlicensed game could feature Montana because the NFLPA deal only covers active NFL players; licensing for retired athletes is handled separately. In that manner, Montana appeared with nearly 240 former NFL athletes in 2007's All-Pro Football 2K8, the first (and to date, only) football game from 2K Sports after EA secured its original exclusive contracts in 2004 for the Madden NFL series.

Montana, who played for the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs over a 16-year career from 1979 to 1994, previously starred in a series of football video games published by Sega in the early 1990s. The franchise began with 1990's Joe Montana Football on the Sega Master System, Genesis and MS-DOS, and concluded in 1994 with NFL '95.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:10 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Just wait....I'm going to be asking your assistance when picking out all of the parts.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:16 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
Just wait....I'm going to be asking your assistance when picking out all of the parts.
K.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:11 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by loochy:
I used to own face by going Montana to Willie Davis on a seam. It worked every damn time.

this version was the only game worth a damn. Montana sports talk football I & II were crap by comparison. there was also a Montana NFL '94 on Sega CD that had Marcus Allen on the roster.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:21 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by loochy:
I used to own face by going Montana to Willie Davis on a seam. It worked every damn time.

I still have that game in a box somewhere. Bought it at a yard sale just because it had Montana/Chiefs on the cover.

One day I'll have to pick up a Genesis and play it...
[Reply]
Bowser 08:17 PM 03-17-2015

[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:53 AM 03-18-2015
I'll buy this blindly knowing that 2K is involved. APF2K8 was probably my favorite, I loved the historical rosters. 2K's gameplay is light years past any Madden game as far as game physics and the tiered played calling is much more realistic. Madden and their 300 play 'random' playbook.

They should have just re-skinned 2k5/2k8 and dropped it on next gen, and it would have blown madden 15 out.
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:28 AM 03-18-2015
Man, i dont talk to 2K about shit anymore, i might have to hit up my old connections. Im still buds with Ronnie2K on his personal facebook account. We shoot the shit occasionally but not about gaming anymore. I might have too say what up Ronnie, see if any of the old dev's are still on aim or msn messanger (i need to reinstall all that shit).

I'm glad its going to be X platform, because i dont really feel like buying a Xbox 1 i just bought a fucking PS4 yesterday that i need to go pick up later today. lol

If this is Xplatform this shit will be so fucking epic. Sony scooped up Street Fighter V as an exclusive with X Platform play with the PC, games not due out til 2016 though.
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:30 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
I'll buy this blindly knowing that 2K is involved. APF2K8 was probably my favorite, I loved the historical rosters. 2K's gameplay is light years past any Madden game as far as game physics and the tiered played calling is much more realistic. Madden and their 300 play 'random' playbook.

They should have just re-skinned 2k5/2k8 and dropped it on next gen, and it would have blown madden 15 out.
Me too, i played easily over 1000 games online. Shit was so fucking fun. I miss the old 2K lobbies, lol Shit used to get personal in there! haha

This might be good. last time i was in my 20's im about to be 40 next year. Fuck, its been a while.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:32 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Me too, i played easily over 1000 games online. Shit was so ****ing fun. I miss the old 2K lobbies, lol Shit used to get personal in there! haha

This might be good. last time i was in my 20's im about to be 40 next year. ****, its been a while.
Sadly, my oh my how time flies..I'm not getting any younger either.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:45 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Microsoft can suck my fat cock. I would rather play a SNES for the rest of my life than set up a live account.
The one good thing I can say about this is if the hype is true, it will absolutely 100% force EA ****ing Sports to actually improve on their shitty game.

While I will be the first to say that Madden on next-gen is a decent game, the gameplay is boring and gets old... It's the same as it ever was but with better grahics.
So, there you have it. We'll see what happens.
What is bad about a live account?
[Reply]
Valiant 04:48 PM 03-18-2015
And if it does not launch with the nfl teams and players. Hopefullythey allow easy editing.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up