ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Joe Montana Football 2016?
The Franchise 09:54 AM 03-17-2015

It just got Unreal @unrealengine #joemontanafootball16 pic.twitter.com/yt0WivWFmO

— Joseph Montana (@JoeMontana) March 17, 2015

I can't do any research because I'm at work.....but hopefully this is legit.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:57 AM 03-17-2015
Sweet I loved the Old Sega games. :-)

That doesn't look like a Chiefs or 49'ers Jersey.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:01 AM 03-17-2015
Joe Montana Football / 11 Jul 2014
Joe Montana Teases New Football Game

By David WitmerTwenty-three years after the original Joe Montana Football game was released on the Sega Genesis, Joe Montana himself is teasing a new incarnation for the franchise: Joe Montana Football 16.

The title is all we know for now, but more information is sure to come soon. Keep it locked to IGN for updates.

In the meantime, are you excited for this game? What are your favorite Joe Montana Football memories? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...-football-game
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:17 AM 03-17-2015
Godammit... I hope this is worth a shit. We need something on the market to make EA actually put some effort into Madden.

I'm thinking that since it's not going to be NFL related, they're going to have a long way to go. The last franchise to try this was Blitz and we all know what a piece of shit that was.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:22 AM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Godammit... I hope this is worth a shit. We need something on the market to make EA actually put some effort into Madden.

I'm thinking that since it's not going to be NFL related, they're going to have a long way to go. The last franchise to try this was Blitz and we all know what a piece of shit that was.
2k Sports? they are the best creators of sports games now, so the only hurdle will be allowing it to be modded with real teams/players/stadiums etc. The community will take good care to see that through.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:27 AM 03-17-2015
http://www.reddit.com/r/Montana16/co..._this_game_if/

me : A PC version :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:32 AM 03-17-2015
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B0lZw3jIcAAEg2Q.mp4

Is Joe Montana Football with 2K Sports Becoming A Reality?
By MVP March 5, 2015

This isn’t NFL 2K16, but Joe Montana Football on Xbox One & PC!

Last October, 2K Sports employees and Joe Montana both teased a motion capture session for an unknown football game. While the obvious elephant in the room is 2K Sports planning to put together another football title, a member of their team revealed in December their brand logo aligned with Joe Montana in a viral tweet.

An anonymous poster on Operation Sports soon revealed Joe Montana Football 16 would be releasing this summer exclusive for Windows Platforms Xbox One and PC. Due to the EA and NFL licensing agreement, multi-platform titles (or releases on PlayStation and Xbox brands) are banned unless their first party releases.

In the past, Microsoft had their own internal and very successful exclusive studio XSN Sports (previous home to NFL Fever), but closed down due to a rumored threat of losing support from Electronic Arts. Now with their relationship at an all-time high, competition is something that wouldn’t affect the mainstream sales for the King of the gridiron; but would definitely give hardcore football gamers the closest thing to NFL 2K5 – over a decade later.

Joseph Montana ✔ @JoeMontana
Follow

So many things happening! Here is a teaser of what is coming. Stay tuned for more. #morethanarosterupdate #montana16 pic.twitter.com/Sft5c3jNwX

then at the bottom there is this:

HI’m sorry, but I can’t sit by and watch this any longer.

I love and respect a number of people working on this game and having met the man and hung around him a number of times I have a profound respect for Mr. Montana. He’s just a great person. But I disagree with how they’re dealing with the public and how they plan to continue to do so. You just have no idea how long they’re planning to drag even basic info out.

I’m not on the team and I’m not under an NDA so I’m not under any obligation to keep anything I know a secret. There are some things going on that gamers need to know about now, and the way they’ve planned to do these things just isn’t reasonable. What I’m about to tell you are things they literally only plan to tell you about 3-4 weeks before release and I’m sorry, you don’t deserve to be strung along like that.

I know you won’t believe me, but I can assure you this is accurate, and in time you will see these truths unfold. I feel you need to know so you can prepare as a gamer (save up money, make arrangements and plans, etc).

- First and foremost, this game will be for XBOX One and PC only. This is why they haven’t mentioned platforms. They’re taking early advantage of the Windows 10 cross-plat tech and the game will be out as part of 10’s 3-month launch cycle in the middle of this year.

So now that you know, you can make plans to purchase an XBOX One or Windows 10 if you don’t have one of them already.

- The game is called Joe Montana NFL Football 16. This is an NFL game. First-party stipulations that the NFL has always left open & the NFL’s exclusive relationship with Microsoft allows for Microsoft to have an NFL game. Microsoft Studios is the publisher. Microsoft is deadly serious about gaining ground and winning the console war (doubtful to happen at this point though) and throwing tons of money at incubation and trying to buy new IP that they can turn into big series’ titles is top priority for them right now. They believe this game can be many times bigger than MLB The Show due to the larger NFL fanbase, and because so many XBOX One owners identify as serious NFL fans.

- The game was demoed and it went well. Actually, “well” is an understatement. People went crazy. NDA’s were and still are in place for them. That’s why you haven’t heard anyone saying anything, but a lot of people are having a very hard time because what they seen was unbelievable and it’s been impossible to go back to Madden or even take Madden seriously after that. It’s like, how you felt when you had an NES and you saw Sega Genesis for the first time. The step up in quality is THAT big.

http://freeonsmash.com/gaming/is-joe...ing-a-reality/
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:52 AM 03-17-2015

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:00 AM 03-17-2015
A football game for the PC.

I AM HARD AS DIAMONDS.

BRING ON FRANCHISE MODE. I WILL PLAY FOREVER.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:02 AM 03-17-2015
The fact it is on the PC is huge.

Leave the art assets open and people will go in and edit everything to look like real NFL logos, stadiums, uniforms, etc.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:06 AM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
The fact it is on the PC is huge.

Leave the art assets open and people will go in and edit everything to look like real NFL logos, stadiums, uniforms, etc.
I know, I have a friend from a game studio who would devote a shitload of time to this. He still loves 2k5 so good thing i just built him a new PC. I've been waiting for a decent PC football game since about Madden 2004.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:09 AM 03-17-2015

Even this still looks better than the current maddens.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:19 AM 03-17-2015
2k5 right now, today is still the best football game available in terms of playability and mechanics. If 2k5 was re-released with today's graphics and a roster update, Madden would go down the toilet.

Best thing about it was these guys knew what they had, and sold it brand new at 19.99. Worlds better than Madden, at less than half the price.

Madden 2005 brought the hit stick, and that's about it. It shipped with a ridiculous bug that if you simply spammed formation shift before the snap, the opposing defense would somehow end up with 0 stamina and you could do anything you wanted. Brilliant way to start your online football gaming, EA.

Solution offered was to turn off fatigue, lol.

2k5 should've forced EA to stop saying their trademark "If its in the game, Its in the game." slogan, because there's a shit ton of features in 2k5 that still, 11 years later have yet to be implemented in a Madden title.

A few off the top of my head were illegal contact, ineligible downfield, illegal touching, and when you went to challenge something, an entire list of any possibilities for a challenge were listed for you to choose from.

It also had the option to play "first person football" which was a damn blast.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:32 AM 03-17-2015
2k5 had TO on the cover? Right? I got that for my bday then...so awesome
[Reply]
Hootie 11:36 AM 03-17-2015
2k5 was SO overrated
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up