ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2022 Mock Draft Megathread ***
duncan_idaho 12:45 PM 11-23-2021
Got a mock? Pop it in this thread. Include a picture if you want. Explain your reasoning if you want. Talk about your crushes... if you want.

See a good "pro" mock? Link it up in here and I'll add it to the OP.

Duncan's latest mock

Site
Pro Football Focus

Draft slot: 32

The picks
1.32 | Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas. Burks is a really big, physical, explosive and versatile receiver who can be used in a lot of different ways in KC. He's such a freak they should be able to have strong packages for him while he gets up to speed on the playbook, and is a potential monster down the road. Jumbo Deebo potential. I pass on DEs like Cameron Thomas and Drake Jackson thinking I should have decent options at DE at 2.64...

2.64 | trade. And I'm wrong. All the edges worth the pick are gone. So I trade down with Seattle for 74, 106, and 151

3.74 | Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington. Gordon is an absolute athletic freak and would give the Chiefs two of those in the CB room (Sneed being the other). Huge upside pick who should be able to contribute immediately.

3.96 | Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesota. This is my week spot in this draft, I can tell you already. I take Mafe, who has good size and athletic traits and potential. But he needs a lot of development... going to have to address the spot in free agency.

3.103(Comp for Poles) | Smoke Monday, S, Auburn. I'm going to need to save my FA dollars for DE, which makes landing a guy I can play as the box safety from day 1 a good choice here. Monday is a big guy with good athletic traits who should add speed and physicality in the role Dan Sorenson has been filling

4.106 | James Cook, RB, Georgia. Cook has proven to be an explosive playmaker as a receiver, and has fresh legs after being part of a very full RB room at UGA. Dalvin's little bro could offer some major upside from this pick and would add some needed explosiveness to the RB, especially on 3rd downs.

4.134 | Kellen Diesch, T, Arizona State. Looking for a cheap swing tackle, so I take a swing with Diesch.

5.151 | Isaiah Thomas, DE, Oklahoma. .Let's throw some numbers at the DE spot. Thomas, again, has the size and athletic traits you want at DE. He was fairly productive at Oklahoma and could unlock more production with pro coaching and dev.

6.192 | Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia. Woods is a really large, freak-athlete sleeper prospect at TE. At 6-7 and with good speed, he is a high-upside play who might not make the roster.
Older mocks
Spoiler!

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:10 PM 01-24-2022
Updated OP with a pick from #32 on PFF's simulator.

Treylon Burks fell. I didn't pass him up.

Left me short on DE options when I got around to the second round, but I think it fills a lot of other needs well enough that DE can be the free agency focus.

I really like the Burks and James Cook combo. Adds some nice versatility and speed to the offense. I add a lot of versatility and athletic ability to the back 7 on D and get a good swing tackle.

Thoughts on this one?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:52 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Updated OP with a pick from #32 on PFF's simulator.

Treylon Burks fell. I didn't pass him up.

Left me short on DE options when I got around to the second round, but I think it fills a lot of other needs well enough that DE can be the free agency focus.

I really like the Burks and James Cook combo. Adds some nice versatility and speed to the offense. I add a lot of versatility and athletic ability to the back 7 on D and get a good swing tackle.

Thoughts on this one?
Certainly donít hate it.

It would be nice to get some inside info on Powell. Heís old enough he canít sit on PS forever like Pringle did. If heís moving the right direction, maybe WR isnít the answer there. I like where your head is at with freaks that are versatile. On the broadcast they couldnít shut the fuck up about How awesome Samuel is and shit. And all I could think of is he is a bigger slower Hill most of th shit theyíre trying to do we do with Hill. A pick like that, if they can work would be nasty paired with Hill and Hardman. Hill on a jet sweep, a guy like Burkes with the ability to cut back inside or stretch it, Hardman on a Go route and Kelce in the middle and alert Pat do what he wants. Woof.

Youíd like more DE, but the guy from OU looks like good value there. If Kaindo could end up being competent and have a splash play a game that would be huge. But much like Powell who knows where heís at.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up