ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Byron Leftwich expected to be Jags new coach
RunKC 11:10 PM 01-25-2022
I think this is a good move

Can confirm, #Jaguars expected to hire Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich as their next head coach, per multiple sources. @E_Dilla was on it first.

— Demetrius Harvey (@Demetrius82) January 26, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:48 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Dolphins just fired their DC who gave Buffalo fits last week. 7 sacks, 2 picks while the offense had 2 picks and 5 or 6 three and outs. It's a tough business.
I still can't figure out why there's a cult of Mike McDaniel fanbois.

there's a real chance that guy's just a shitty coach. The performance of that Dolphins team was just wholly unacceptable over the 2nd half, even when they had Tua back. And then watching that game against Buffalo I saw that they were getting everything they could've reasonably hoped for from Chubb - he was a REAL handful for Dawkins. Meanwhile their new hotness offensive mastermind HC had that team looking confused as hell and completely disorganized the whole time.

I mean that roster has a ton of talent and they just couldn't get out of their own way.

I think there's a real possibility that McDaniel is a lousy head coach. And maybe he won't always be - but he looked wholly unprepared from the moment Miami faced a little adversity.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:15 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Dolphins just fired their DC who gave Buffalo fits last week. 7 sacks, 2 picks while the offense had 2 picks and 5 or 6 three and outs. It's a tough business.
They’re trying for Fangio.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:45 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

there's a real chance that guy's just a shitty coach. The performance of that Dolphins team was just wholly unacceptable over the 2nd half, even when they had Tua back. And then watching that game against Buffalo I saw that they were getting everything they could've reasonably hoped for from Chubb - he was a REAL handful for Dawkins. Meanwhile their new hotness offensive mastermind HC had that team looking confused as hell and completely disorganized the whole time.

I mean that roster has a ton of talent and they just couldn't get out of their own way.

I think there's a real possibility that McDaniel is a lousy head coach. And maybe he won't always be - but he looked wholly unprepared from the moment Miami faced a little adversity.
McDaniel finished with the same regular season record as Flores did the year before… 9-8… even though McDaniel had a shit load more talent (especially on offense) to work with.

Yes McDaniel got the team to the playoffs, unlike Flores in 2021… but not sure if backing their way into the playoffs is a great accomplishment.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:33 PM 01-19-2023
They're going to keep Bowles around?

Man - he must have HURLED that coaching staff under the bus.

"Hey Todd, let's talk about the sea...."

"LEFTWICH IS A PIECE OF SHIT!!!"

I mean damn - what did that guy demonstrate that suggest he should keep his job if none of the rest of that staff does...
LOL. Has to be. No falling on the sword with this one.

Sure - And you can bet 'stuck with him' was how Bowles explained the situation in his exit interview.

I mean Leftwich is gonna get an OC gig somewhere. He's a pretty highly regarded coordinator leaguewide. And Bowles has never exactly covered himself in glory as a head coach.

Claiming he was 'stuck with' a guy who might be a little worse than 'his' guy, but could also be a fair amount better, is pretty presumptuous.

Just strikes me as a situation where Bowles blamed not having 'his' staff in place when there's nothing in his history to suggest that hand-picking his staff is going to make a real difference.

This is a dude with a 26-41 record prior to this season. A guy who managed to limp to 8-9 in the worst division I've ever seen. In 5 seasons as a head coach he's managed a .500 record once and helmed a below .500 squad for his only playoff appearance.

I mean there's just about no reason at all to think that giving him MORE rope is going to accomplish anything.
Good. Their cap is a mess (IIRC) and I hope they’re a fucking shitshow rodeo for the foreseeable future. They deserve to pay the price for selling their soul to the devil.

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Seems like the trend so far this year is for HC's on the hot seat to throw the coordinators under the bus from the opposite side of the HC's supposed area of expertise.

Staley, a defensive guy firing his OC and QB coach/passing game coordinator.

McDaniel in Miami, an offensive guy firing his DC.

Bowles a defensive guy in Tampa firing his OC.

Stefanski an offensive guy in Cleveland firing his DC.
A tale as old as time. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards did the same shit. All while his defense went to shit when the depth (that he was supposed to replace) went to fuck.

Chan Gailey deserved Coach of the Year consideration for the magic he pulled.

Look man. The timeliness of the playcalls will get your ass canned in fucking High School. That shit isn’t acceptable at any level. Ever. Regardless of personnel. And it’s not like they had these issues when a backup had to go in. He had 3 weeks with the dude. That’s just blatant incompetence, and if I was a Miami fan I’d riot.

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
McDaniel finished with the same regular season record as Flores did the year before… 9-8… even though McDaniel had a shit load more talent (especially on offense) to work with.

Yes McDaniel got the team to the playoffs, unlike Flores in 2021… but not sure if backing their way into the playoffs is a great accomplishment.
I mean there is a real case for injuries, but yeah. Tuas shit is shocking. Even if we wait to cast aspersions until we get closer to the whole story. Tyreek getting knicked is … duh. That’s why you don’t max a guys usage the first 8 weeks, regardless of how he says he feels. The talent they went and got that he underperformed with is damning. Especially welling out a win they had no business nabbing from the Bills and Brotherfucking Cheatriot being absolutely atrocious.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:44 PM 01-19-2023
What I would absolutely love is for EB to get a HC position somewhere this off-season, so we get a pick. Then we need to hire Leftwich as either OC or QB coach or something like that and after we win the SB next year some team hires him for HC and boom! Another pick!
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:52 PM 01-19-2023

I would have 100% fired McDaniels after he blew a chance of winning a playoff game because the mother ****er made getting a play in on time more difficult than differential equations.

I would have walked down to the field and fired him the moment after the delay of game on 4th and a foot. He would have been walking home. It's not like it was one occurrence. It was constantly happening. Some of the most incompetent coaching I've ever witnessed at any level.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:53 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What I would absolutely love is for EB to get a HC position somewhere this off-season, so we get a pick. Then we need to hire Leftwich as either OC or QB coach or something like that and after we win the SB next year some team hires him for HC and boom! Another pick!
Why would we hire the guy who lead Tampa's offense this year? It completely went down the tubes. Everyone saw on Monday how boring and predictable it is... no thanks
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:09 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Why would we hire the guy who lead Tampa's offense this year? It completely went down the tubes. Everyone saw on Monday how boring and predictable it is... no thanks
Because he's a minority that would be hired as a HC pretty quickly, so we'd get draft picks and I don't give a shit who our OC is while Andy Reid is head coach. Our offense wouldn't have been any different if Leftwich was here instead of EB.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:23 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Because he wouldn’t be the play caller and could potentially net the team 2 third round picks in the future if Andy can groom him like he did Nagy and Peterson.

If we were to be lucky enough to have that be our future (to “lose” EB while collecting a couple third rounders as compensation and a couple years later “lose” BL and collect a couple more thirds….bouyyyyy that would be a huge game changer.

I have a ton of respect for Byron.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up