ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Draft Network Mock Drafts
Couch-Potato 10:09 AM 01-25-2022
Having some fun with the Draft Network's Mock Drafts:

What do you think?
Attached: Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 3.41.14 AM.jpg (39.9 KB) Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 5.30.18 PM.jpg (43.5 KB) 
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:05 AM 01-26-2022
I like the first (left) one a ton.

It's hard to imagine the Chiefs will just go "chalk" and stick at each of their picks, but there's some really good value there.

I like Metchie a lot and think he would fit nicely into Reid's offense as long as he recovers from the knee injury (as expected).

Jermaine Johnson II is a little raw, but his athletic traits are exceptional.

I love Tyler Badie, but that's the only pick I see there and think 2x about. Getting him in the 4th, I think there might be RBs who give KC a little more of a different look than Badie (who like CEH is a smaller guy who is physical but not exceptionally fast).
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:39 AM 01-26-2022
Seems like my sims are favoring WR in the 1st - specifically Dotson or Burks. The problem is that the cupboard is pretty bare at Edge for the end of the 2nd. I had to be a little creative.
Attached: Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 9.38.12 AM.jpg (32.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:56 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Seems like my sims are favoring WR in the 1st - specifically Dotson or Burks. The problem is that the cupboard is pretty bare at Edge for the end of the 2nd. I had to be a little creative.
Yeah.

I really think we should go BDPA in round one, and I think that's likely to be a DE.

Remember; some 'edge' guys are OLB'ers only, and half of the NFL runs 3-4.

I think some guys that fit the Clark mold physically might well fall.

Guys like Doubs seem to be falling to us at #64 and I think that'd be a great fit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah.

I really think we should go BDPA in round one, and I think that's likely to be a DE.

Remember; some 'edge' guys are OLB'ers only, and half of the NFL runs 3-4.

I think some guys that fit the Clark mold physically might well fall.

Guys like Doubs seem to be falling to us at #64 and I think that'd be a great fit.
The thing is, by far the best value I'm seeing at the end of the first (at least consistently) is WR. The edge guys that would be best fits in our defense don't consistently fall to 32.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 AM 01-26-2022
Cameron Thomas seems to be the most likely guy to be there but he's not always there.

Johnson is an intriguing prospect but every time I pass on him he lasts until about 45 and sometimes as late as the mid-50's.

That doesn't seem like good value to me at all.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:15 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The thing is, by far the best value I'm seeing at the end of the first (at least consistently) is WR. The edge guys that would be best fits in our defense don't consistently fall to 32.
Yes. I ran one very similar to yours.

It's a choice between this combo at 32/64:

32. WR - Drake London, Treylon Burks, Dotson
64. DE - Enagbare, Sam Williams, Arnold Ebekitie (Penn State)

or

32. Drake Jackson/Cam Thomas
64. Metchie III, Alec Pierce, Doubs

I'll take the first one, personally.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 AM 01-26-2022
Honestly, after running about a dozen 3-rounds mocks, I think I might be inclined to take Daxton Hill in the first.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 01-26-2022
And follow that up with Wan'Dale Robinson in the 2nd.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:27 AM 01-26-2022
This one is good too:

Brisker
Enagbare
Doubs
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:54 PM 01-27-2022
I see the same results with the current draft standings:

1) The best pass rushers are gone by the end of the 2nd round.

2) There always seems to be one outstanding WR that falls to us at 32.

Going to make for a tough decision, I hope Veach fills both holes with vets and goes into the draft with BPA as the priority.

JuJu and Clowny + BPA.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:22 PM 01-27-2022
One of the reasons I like to alternate my mock draft sites is that it keeps you from getting locked into the same drafts time after time.

Draft Network is great. NFL Mock Draft Database is great. Pro Football Network is great. And so is the Pro Football Focus mock draft.

Every site has its ratings lined up a little differently. If you run PFF's current draft board, you don't have any trouble finding a DE at 64.

We'll get a better feel for board consensus once we get to actual draft seasons.
[Reply]
Up