ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 192 of 192
« First < 92142182188189190191192
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:37 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm sticking with my prediction of 5 years, $112M. That's going to make some people really irate I imagine.
I keep playing around with a six-year structure that has some guaranteed money in year 6. It essentially allows you to structure it with an extra bit of signing bonus that is deferred to a year bonus money normally isn't pushed out to.

$30M signing bonus
1. 1.1M salary, 2M in roster/workout bonuses (9.1M cap hit)
2. 1.3 M salary, 12M in roster/workout bonuses (19.3M cap hit, with ability to restructure some money to year 6)
3. 1.3 M salary, 16M in roster/workout bonuses (23.2M cap hit)
4. 1.5 M salary, 20M in roster/workout bonuses (27.5M cap hit)
5. 1.5 M salary, 20M in roster/workout bonuses (27.5M cap hit)
6. 1.5 M salary, 20M in roster/workout bonuses, 6M guaranteed (27.5M cap hit)

So... years 1-3 you're getting him pretty cheap compared to the market, and then projecting a deal where he's at market value in years 4-6.

At Year 6, he's entering his year 31 season. You're either paying him one more year at market value, cutting if he's no longer worth it, or extending him for the rest of his career.
[Reply]
philfree 04:11 PM 02-16-2022
You guys can has out the numbers but in my opinion we need to keep Brown and go into next season with the same starting unit. It's a young group that's going to do nothing but get better going forward. At the same time we need to work to upgrade RT. Why anyone would want to mess it up is beyond me.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:33 PM 02-16-2022
[QUOTE=DJ's left nut;16148376]It really has been crazy to see how many folks immediately looked at Brown through jaundiced eyes while Frank Clark spent 3 seasons 'just doing his job' and setting edges or whatever.

OBJ just had a really good year. And no, he didn't cost us much at all in terms of acquisition cost. Oh, and he did it on something like a $4 million cap hit. And yet if he's not Orlando Pace he's some pile of shit who can't deal with speed rushers.

Huh?

Good players cost money - it's the nature of the league. Young good players on contending teams will usually cost top of the position group money. Again - that's just the way it goes.

So you can either pay it or let the guy walk and start from scratch with another unknown or a veteran that you hope still has some gas in the tank.

This has become a no-brainer to me. You get this deal done. Maybe it costs $21 million/yr, but you get it done.

Hey - remember 3 years ago when some of these very same people were saying we should cut Fisher to save $8 million on the cap? Dude made $70 million in 8 seasons and for all 8 seasons half this board wanted to cut him as some overpaid piece of shit.

Bottom line is that a lot of folks on this board don't really have a clue what LTs cost or what can reasonably be expected of them.[/QUOTE]

I prefer him to be so good that he makes prime Roaf look like a practice squad player. If he doesn’t then we cut him and draft a replacement at #30. Doesn’t matter if that LT doesn’t exist at that spot, that mysterious LT would be better than Brown “just because”. If that LT doesn’t pan out I will call out Veach and ask for his head for letting Brown walk. It’s a CP tradition (Sarcasm of course).
[Reply]
Page 192 of 192
« First < 92142182188189190191192
Up