ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>Movies you onced loved but not so much anymore
Miles 05:56 PM 03-02-2010
Kinda borrowing an idea from avclub.com with this. Many movies can seem better after you have watched them multiple times but this is the opposite.

What are some movies that you highly regarded around the time you first watched them but upon revisiting them later they just didn't hold up or you might even consider to have drifted over into POS territory?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:31 AM 01-24-2022
I'm not double checking to see if I've already posted in this thread, but basically like half the movies I loved when I was 14 years old.

The Chronicles of Riddick is the example that sticks out to me the most. At the time, I thought it was so awesome. I re-watched it a couple years back and it was such a huge shift from Pitch Black (which I still love). It was kinda cringy too. Like, Riddick went from this badass dude who was still kinda getting worked out by a junkie merc to alien Captain America. He was like a one-man-army in Chronicles.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:48 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Loved Willow when I was young. Watched it not too long ago and realized that it's not a very good movie.
I hated it when I saw it in the theater. It was nothing more than a medieval Star Wars ripoff with a midget Luke Skywalker.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:50 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Wall Street.

Was once one of my all time favs. Now not so much. Looks tired and very dated.
That’s part of its charm IMO. A robot butler, cell phone the size of a toaster.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:06 AM 01-24-2022
Dune

I really liked the Lynch adaptation when it came out, but now I find it unwatchable.

Star Wars has been ruined by Lucas and Disney, and it has actually tainted the originals for me. :-) I wish I could get the theatrical releases on BluRay... w/o all the added-in CGI crap.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:11 PM 01-24-2022
Loved Willow when I was young. Watched it not too long ago and realized that it's not a very good movie.
I did the same. Other than the magic noise it’s not HORRIBLE. Some of the same stuff stuck. I wanted to fuck the warrior chick, Val Kilmer is still hilarious and I love the giant blonde motherfucker.

But yeah it isn’t great.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not double checking to see if I've already posted in this thread, but basically like half the movies I loved when I was 14 years old.

The Chronicles of Riddick is the example that sticks out to me the most. At the time, I thought it was so awesome. I re-watched it a couple years back and it was such a huge shift from Pitch Black (which I still love). It was kinda cringy too. Like, Riddick went from this badass dude who was still kinda getting worked out by a junkie merc to alien Captain America. He was like a one-man-army in Chronicles.
Yeah. Me too. I’m still a bit of a yuppie for The Rock. But it’s for the charming stuff not for it being awesome. Deep Blue Sea is fucking ass. The Ghost and the Darkness aged better than the Rock but suffers a similar fate.

Basically I was a moron kid.
[Reply]
kevrunner 01:32 PM 01-25-2022
It’s not that I hate them, but when I was a kid, I just thought the first few Billy Jack movies were just awesome, but now that I’m older, there is no way I could sit thru one of those movies today.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:03 PM 01-25-2022
I loved it too. Ironically I never saw it as an adult.
[Reply]
Otter 04:02 PM 01-25-2022
Has 'The Lost Boys' been mentioned yet?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:16 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
Interesting. I missed this one growing up but I watched it for the first time maybe a year ago and enjoyed it enough.

I think I mentioned it in another thread but the main character chick was sooooo hott :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:20 PM 01-25-2022
Interesting. I missed this one growing up but I watched it for the first time maybe a year ago and enjoyed it enough.

I think I mentioned it in another thread but the main character chick was sooooo hott :-)
Jami Gertz.
[Reply]
Otter 04:31 PM 01-25-2022

I was in my Jennifer Connley phase at the time but pretty much just the other side of the coin to a teenager. Both are steaming.
Attached: 2022-01-25 17.28.36 www.pinterest.com 03ab747c55a3.jpg (10.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Frazod 05:04 PM 01-25-2022
Hmm. Granted, I haven't watched it in a long time, but I really liked it. I like vampire movies that shake up the tired old trope and present things from a different angle.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:07 PM 01-25-2022
I was in my Jennifer Connley phase at the time but pretty much just the other side of the coin to a teenager. Both are steaming.
When it comes to what she looked like in her teens/20s, I'm still in my Jennifer Connelly phase. I honestly believe she was, at that time, the most beautiful, perfect woman who ever lived. At least that I've ever seen.
[Reply]
Otter 06:41 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
When it comes to what she looked like in her teens/20s, I'm still in my Jennifer Connelly phase. I honestly believe she was, at that time, the most beautiful, perfect woman who ever lived. At least that I've ever seen.
No argument here. As dark ass movie as it was 'Requiem for a Dream' was the hottest I've seen her.

Yeah, don't hate it or anything but it's re watch ability has been lost on me.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:04 PM 01-25-2022
Flight of the Navigator. Man, that shit is stupid.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up