ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Former Packers OC Nathanial Hackett to be Donks HC
cmh6476 09:08 AM 01-27-2022
hmmmm

The #Broncos will make Nathaniel Hackett their new head coach, according to a report from NFL Network. https://t.co/TDnuxelif9

— Broncos Wire (@TheBroncosWire) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
COchief 12:35 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That just sounds like a terrible idea.
It was and is a terrible idea any Chiefs fan over 40 lived through in the 90s. My description was pretty spot on and not even sarcastic, Paul is your new coach's dad and our OC during those painful 90s martyball years, and also probably your HC's heaviest infuence growing up. Nature and nurture, whether he knows it or not on 3rd and 7 a little voice will call to him *swing pass to the FB* for 3 and pray he breaks 3 tackles.

I am generally screwing around but also it's all true.
[Reply]
COchief 12:37 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's being somewhat facetious, primarily because most of us are old enough to remember how AWFUL Paul Hackett was at OC.

That being said, it should be concerning to Bronco fans that the Packers seemingly took the ball out of Rodgers' hand when games were on the line. You don't mortgage your future to get a 38-year old QB and then pound the ball instead of throwing it.
Thanks, I was after the gray hairs and the no hairs with goatees there.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:57 PM 01-28-2022
He withdrew after he interviewed with the Bears and they hired Eberflus instead. But keep thinking everybody wants the Broncos job.
He may have also wanted the Bears job, but it's clear he did not want the other HC spots.
[Reply]
tmax63 01:17 PM 01-28-2022
Jerrah wrote Dan Quinn a $3 million check as a "retention bonus". So DQ is getting HC salary from ATL, DC check from the Cowboys and a 3mil bonus. I'm guessing he understands economics.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:57 PM 01-28-2022
He's being somewhat facetious, primarily because most of us are old enough to remember how AWFUL Paul Hackett was at OC.

That being said, it should be concerning to Bronco fans that the Packers seemingly took the ball out of Rodgers' hand when games were on the line. You don't mortgage your future to get a 38-year old QB and then pound the ball instead of throwing it.
Heh... I don't want a soon to be 39 year old QB at the price it takes to get him. No thanks.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:04 PM 01-28-2022
Doinks are so desperate to "maybe" get a regular season win against KC...it's their SB now....so much so, are they willing sacrifice the next 5-7 years.

I said this before...too many young up and coming star QBs in the AFC to care about artificially carrying Rodgers. If they didn't push him past Garappolo twice in a QB starved NFC...they arent going to start now.

Th fake Manning pandering days are over...Donk franchise is perpetually living in 2015....when there were only two star QBs to choose from. There wont be a "gold rush" of star FAs playing under their market value to get a ring...
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 01-28-2022
Heh... I don't want a soon to be 39 year old QB at the price it takes to get him. No thanks.
And therein lies the problem.

His dad looked competent with Joe Montana under center. Enter Steve Bono and he looked like a complete and utter fool.

What is Hackett going to be without Rodgers? I'd be more than a little worried about that if I were Bronco fans. It's really no wonder most of them are pining for Rodgers - it's really the only fool-proof solution. It's just hella costly.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:06 PM 01-28-2022
C’mon, Blowmo wants it done. He’s ready to sell the farm to just end the streak. How many times has he been wrong before? :-):-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:12 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Doinks are so desperate to "maybe" get a regular season win against KC...it's their SB now....so much so, are they willing sacrifice the next 5-7 years.
:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:14 PM 01-28-2022
And therein lies the problem.

His dad looked competent with Joe Montana under center. Enter Steve Bono and he looked like a complete and utter fool.

What is Hackett going to be without Rodgers? I'd be more than a little worried about that if I were Bronco fans. It's really no wonder most of them are pining for Rodgers - it's really the only fool-proof solution. It's just hella costly.
I dunno... he lost the NFC title game with Rodgers and lost the AFC title game with Bortles. What does it all mean? His success has no direct correlation with what his dad did either... that's weird.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:16 PM 01-28-2022
:-)
13 straight wins is actually kind of funny....bordering on ridiculous.

Your franchise will never live this one down...

I mean yeah...we as KC fans wanted revenge for the Manning sham...but 4 Straight AFCCG at Arrowhead...one game away from a 3rd straight SB. A QB that is making Elway's legacy look average?

You're all out of smak talk material...
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:17 PM 01-28-2022
I dunno... he lost the NFC title game with Rodgers and lost the AFC title game with Bortles. What does it all mean? His success has no direct correlation with what his dad did either... that's weird.
He's shown some tendencies that suggest the apple doesn't far from the tree. It's not weird, it's true.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:21 PM 01-28-2022
He's shown some tendencies that suggest the apple doesn't far from the tree. It's not weird, it's true.
That shouldn't be a surprise, I mean he grew up around all of that right?

Suggesting he's a clone might be a stretch.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:21 PM 01-28-2022
That shouldn't be a surprise, I mean he grew up around all of that right?

Suggesting he's a clone might be a stretch.
Oh, I'm not suggesting he's a clone. Far from it.

But some of his tendencies would give me pause, particularly if you don't land Rodgers.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:28 PM 01-28-2022
Oh, I'm not suggesting he's a clone. Far from it.

But some of his tendencies would give me pause, particularly if you don't land Rodgers.
Rodgers is a foolish idea.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up