ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Former Packers OC Nathanial Hackett to be Donks HC
cmh6476 09:08 AM 01-27-2022
hmmmm

The #Broncos will make Nathaniel Hackett their new head coach, according to a report from NFL Network. https://t.co/TDnuxelif9

— Broncos Wire (@TheBroncosWire) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:19 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Like I said a few times today, if they REALLY hired Hackett because they think it will land them Rodgers, they're beyond dumb. I mean has ANY team every done something so hilariously stupid?
I mean...Marty hired his fucking dad Paul Hackett to install the WCO in hopes of landing Joe Montana...

Mike McCarthy was the QB coach under Paul Hackett, ironically.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:21 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
So the Donks are going to sell the farm for a QB that has been knocked out twice by Garoppolo...and blown HFA two years in a row? He even had snow this year against a west coast team...and managed one TD when it mattered most.

He hasnt been to a SB in a decade...the NFL doesn't like him. Doinks wont be getting the Manning treatment again...too many young , talented QBs to promote.

This move will screw that franchise up for a long time...there will be no contract situation like Mahomes...where it can be massaged. It'll be like 2 years, $75 million...upfront.

He'll retire soon...and the picks/players (Surtain) given up will still be playing on cheap contracts.
Honestly, I could see Russell Wilson coming in to Denver over Rodgers.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:25 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
I hope Rodgers goes to the Vikings like Favre did
Heh. The comic value alone would be worth the price of admission. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:39 AM 01-28-2022
Reading this thread…it’s like a repeat of comments every 10 posts.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:51 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Honestly, I could see Russell Wilson coming in to Denver over Rodgers.
If I were an aging QB...it would be Vegas or Miami...no state income tax. You're talking about $2-3 million a year...at least.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:58 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I mentioned this in another thread but it seems to be happening.

When the Broncos narrowed their search to 3 and Hackett was one of them, it became obvious to me that they felt signing Hackett would lure Rodgers out of Green Bay.

Now that they have hired Hackett, I believe that is definitely the plan.

Rodgers is on record endorsing Hackett for a HC. Thats more than he has said about Lafleur.

Rodgers girlfriend lives in Boulder Colorado.

Denver is a great place to live, actually Denver sucks but Colorado is a great place to live.

Denver has plenty of offensive weapons and a very good defense. They really are a QB short of being a really good team.

Denver has had NO success drafting QBs. Have already wasted many high picks on bad QBs. I dont think they would mind trading some high picks and maybe a player or two to acquire Rodgers.

There is A LOT of smoke here. I think this is the plan.

I dont think they hire Hackett without discussing this scenario and possibly some assurances from Rodgers people that he would be open to this.

Do they have the ammo? What if they made Surtain part of the trade?

Yeah, they have the ammo. Surtain and 22 1st plus 23 1st and some 2s and 3s or whatever. They have a ton of draft picks.

This is very possible and in fact looking more likely. Those of you saying NO WAY better buckle up.
I actually think it’d be hilarious to see Denver blow their future on Rodgers and possibly Adams…

Come to Denver, sure…doesn’t scare me one bit.

They were one and done this year with a better coach, better defense, and a better offensive support group in a Charmin soft NFC.

Please mortgage your future Denver…it’d be funny.
[Reply]
Color Red 06:54 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I mentioned this in another thread but it seems to be happening.

When the Broncos narrowed their search to 3 and Hackett was one of them, it became obvious to me that they felt signing Hackett would lure Rodgers out of Green Bay.

Now that they have hired Hackett, I believe that is definitely the plan.

Rodgers is on record endorsing Hackett for a HC. Thats more than he has said about Lafleur.

Rodgers girlfriend lives in Boulder Colorado.

Denver is a great place to live, actually Denver sucks but Colorado is a great place to live.

Denver has plenty of offensive weapons and a very good defense. They really are a QB short of being a really good team.

Denver has had NO success drafting QBs. Have already wasted many high picks on bad QBs. I dont think they would mind trading some high picks and maybe a player or two to acquire Rodgers.

There is A LOT of smoke here. I think this is the plan.

I dont think they hire Hackett without discussing this scenario and possibly some assurances from Rodgers people that he would be open to this.

Do they have the ammo? What if they made Surtain part of the trade?

Yeah, they have the ammo. Surtain and 22 1st plus 23 1st and some 2s and 3s or whatever. They have a ton of draft picks.

This is very possible and in fact looking more likely. Those of you saying NO WAY better buckle up.
Agreed with this (living in Colorado and seeing the marketplace). Three other points:
This fan base is gnarly about looking up from the bottom in the AFCW. They resent like nobody's business the rival team from neighboring Kansas that has beaten them 13 times in a row. (It's like it was in the early AFL days.) They have no shame, want to win anything now, and have no interest in drafting another early round QB to flop.

The Peyton Manning model is very attractive to them. They feel totally in the grips of Reid and Mahomes and think Rodgers would solve their problems. Remember, Elway rejected the Colts and came to Denver. They think they are better than the development model and get to get a blue chip star in a round about way, because everyone wants to come to Colorado, no one to Missouri. They loved how Elway schmoozed Manning to come to Denver because they are better than anyone else.

Finally, they are in an imminent position to sell the team. Landing Rodgers for even a short time would stoke the interest for this bottom-feeding team, and raise the stakes and the team value, even if only in appearance, for this franchise that is in a position for a reset with this sale. There is a real "now" emphasis for this.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:34 AM 01-28-2022
All the sports radio guys and the "Bronco Insider" guy thinks Rodgers to Denver is a done deal. The question they're asking is Adams and Rodgers too expensive together to get both.
[Reply]
redfan 08:27 AM 01-28-2022
Mahomes v Rodgers on the reg for a few seasons?!? YES, please!!
[Reply]
lcarus 10:02 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Like I said a few times today, if they REALLY hired Hackett because they think it will land them Rodgers, they're beyond dumb. I mean has ANY team every done something so hilariously stupid?
The instant I saw that Denver was hiring Nathaniel Hackett as their head coach it struck me as an obvious, desperate, pathetic move.
[Reply]
COchief 12:00 PM 01-28-2022
Lol Paul Hackett's kid? All we have to do is cover the 2-3 yard flat on any 3rd down regardless of distance from FB swing passes and we're good. 97% of 1st and 2nd downs will be interior runs with a RB pitch for 0 to -5 yards thrown in here and there. His offensive strategy will be a mix of field position with a heavy emphasis on "setting up the punter".
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:02 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by COchief:
Lol Paul Hackett's kid? All we have to do is cover the 2-3 yard flat on any 3rd down regardless of distance from FB swing passes and we're good. 97% of 1st and 2nd downs will be interior runs with a RB pitch for 0 to -5 yards thrown in here and there. His offensive strategy will be a mix of field position with a heavy emphasis on "setting up the punter".
That just sounds like a terrible idea.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That just sounds like a terrible idea.
He's being somewhat facetious, primarily because most of us are old enough to remember how AWFUL Paul Hackett was at OC.

That being said, it should be concerning to Bronco fans that the Packers seemingly took the ball out of Rodgers' hand when games were on the line. You don't mortgage your future to get a 38-year old QB and then pound the ball instead of throwing it.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:16 PM 01-28-2022
The fact that Dan Quinn decided to return to the Cowboys right after Hackett was hired suggests that he was hoping for the Denver HC spot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
The fact that Dan Quinn decided to return to the Cowboys right after Hackett was hired suggests that he was hoping for the Denver HC spot.
He withdrew after he interviewed with the Bears and they hired Eberflus instead. But keep thinking everybody wants the Broncos job.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up