ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 71
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Spott 08:54 AM 11-13-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So I went and saw Marvels. It wasn't great, but it wasn't the total shitfest I was expecting, either. There are some decent fight choreography scenes in it, and the girl that plays Kamala Khan seems to be having the time of her life in an MCU movie, but there is a dance choreography scene that is really cringe. And the Flerken situation, while sorta funny, just seemed totally out of place. I'm not MAD I went to go see it, but if you want to wait until it hits streaming, you really won't be missing out.

The mid credit scene (and there's only one, there's no post credit scene) is probably worth the entire movie. And say what you will about Brie Larson, but she's hot af in this thing.
That singing and dancing scene was pretty awful and was something straight out of every Disney musical. I got drug to see it, but there were like 10 other people in the theater on opening night. I haven’t seen the numbers, but I imagine this is going to crash and burn at the box office.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:07 AM 11-13-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well first of all, I learned about the Haudenosaunee. I’d only ever heard of it as the Iroquois Confederacy. That one sounds awesome.

Love the comments on that post, though. “What If the other half was snapped by Thanos”.. I can’t believe they haven’t jumped on this one already..

And “Odin AND Hela?! Just how strong is Wenwu?!” :-) And, yeah, I have to agree. Wenwu would get dumpstered by Thor 1 Thor. Going up against Odin and Hela would just be a slaughterhouse.
Yeah I came here to ask the same thing about Odin and Hela vs Wenwu. They just totally destroy him the minute they decide to eliminate him and the episode is 1 minute long and 59 seconds of it is them deciding if they want to bother with his situation.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:11 AM 11-15-2023
Put a chick in it and make her lame and gay
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:30 AM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yeah I came here to ask the same thing about Odin and Hela vs Wenwu. They just totally destroy him the minute they decide to eliminate him and the episode is 1 minute long and 59 seconds of it is them deciding if they want to bother with his situation.
Lol.. Yeah, idk. I can’t remember which movie it was but there was a post credits scene in which Wong found out that the 10 Rings were emitting some sort of beacon to space somewhere. I’m guessing they’re going to call it alien tech. Hela is also supposed to be weaker when away from Asgard.. so maybe that’s their idea. With the 10 Rings and Wenwu’s syndicate army, maybe he can put up some sort of fight?

I don’t see it but they also had Vision Mind Stone laser Thanos in half so clearly they’re cool with doing things differently in the What If storylines.
[Reply]
Fish 12:13 PM 11-15-2023
WTF? Weird...

The comic character is way different.

[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:02 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
WTF? Weird...

The comic character is way different.

Fish......

Can't you see, the SOURCE material is being IGNORED every single time. Disney / Hollywood cannot help themselves. In their chase to be original they have become SHIT.

Starwars - Tons of great EU story lines IGNORED
The Witcher - Lol....
Marvel - they are not even trying
Disney - Didn't even have fucking 7 dwarves........

I don't understand why the fuck these studios are so hell bent on "Changing" things instead of just PRINTING money. Its one thing to take some liberties with source material... But my god.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:16 PM 11-17-2023
That's not Madame Web. That's not even close to Madame Web.

Is this going to be some mutiverse/Spiderverse thing, or is this just going to be a real shitty one shot like Mobius?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:43 PM 11-17-2023
The ass whupping that Disney is taking is glorious.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:52 PM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The ass whupping that Disney is taking is glorious.
It's hard to understand why they've done what they have. All of what they're dealing with (on the movie side anyway) has been completely avoidable. They had the formula in the MCU with the Infinity Stone Saga, and just.......chose to not replicate that.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:45 PM 11-17-2023
It's hard to understand why they've done what they have. All of what they're dealing with (on the movie side anyway) has been completely avoidable. They had the formula in the MCU with the Infinity Stone Saga, and just.......chose to not replicate that.
Easy: no one gives two shits about about C and D tier comic characters, especially ones that failed spectacularly as a comic (hello Ms. Marvel). A lot of these efforts have been ham fisted attempts to pull in other demographics, except it was borne out through the data that Gen Z hates these movies, and so do women (opening weekend for The Marvels was 65% men).

So now you've alienated your casual fans who were probably there for most of the movies, all while not moving the needle for the demographic you hoped to entice, and it's becoming a sport to watch and cheer on the failures of these movies. Marvel used to be about the characters and stories. Now it's about visuals and DEI.

Reminds me of the NFL in a lot of ways. They have a stellar product and so they can afford to make us sit through pop star half time shows, kneeling, and #stopracism because we are weak willed. But the script and characters in this latest phase blow chunks, and at the end of the day, it's quality that matters.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:58 PM 11-17-2023
Just saw The Marvels and it wasn't a bad movie, although not great either. It's just there.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:59 PM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Easy: no one gives two shits about about C and D tier comic characters, especially ones that failed spectacularly as a comic (hello Ms. Marvel). A lot of these efforts have been ham fisted attempts to pull in other demographics, except it was borne out through the data that Gen Z hates these movies, and so do women (opening weekend for The Marvels was 65% men).

So now you've alienated your casual fans who were probably there for most of the movies, all while not moving the needle for the demographic you hoped to entice, and it's becoming a sport to watch and cheer on the failures of these movies. Marvel used to be about the characters and stories. Now it's about visuals and DEI.

Reminds me of the NFL in a lot of ways. They have a stellar product and so they can afford to make us sit through pop star half time shows, kneeling, and #stopracism because we are weak willed. But the script and characters in this latest phase blow chunks, and at the end of the day, it's quality that matters.
Put a chick in it... make her gay and lame!
[Reply]
Bowser 05:02 PM 11-17-2023

[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:27 PM 11-17-2023
Why do you think every commercial, TV show, movie, etc has to have a trans or gay character in it, regardless of age demo....or everything being race driven?

They're wanting to flip the culture/norms you and I grew up in upside down and have future youth grow up in a shitlib dystopia controlled by big tech, big pharma, social credit score etc.

We're seeing it real time.

Movie studios will survive they'll just make deals with the bankingsystem controllers when they go live ushering in credit score system/cashless society.

Same reason why Bud Light did what they did....and other Fortune list companies. They'll be taken care of.

Of course nobody asked for this. The woke LGBQT crap reaaaally only applies to about a qtr of 1% of people in US....but its all taking up 90% of culture/narrative etc. Nothing about this was ever grass roots.

It's an agenda, and it's well funded by corrupt assholes who want to see the US collapse...and they're not going to stop.

Before you know itll be illegal to be straight, white, and have kids.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:20 AM 11-18-2023
Dear God.

#TheMarvels collapsed on its 2nd FRI tumbling 87% from opening day FRI to just $2.8M. 2nd wknd #boxoffice is on track to reach about $10M for a sharp 78% drop. Cume of only $66M in 1st 10 days heading to final domestic of under $90M. Will be 1st #MCU film to not break $100M!

— Gitesh Pandya (@GiteshPandya) November 18, 2023

[Reply]
Page 62 of 71
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Up