ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 71
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:46 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Love & Thunder was the only one where at points I was seriously thinking 'why am I wasting my time watching this shit?'
Really?

You don't remember watching half a movie where RDJ was just getting drunk and Rhodey jumped from "come on man, it's time to sober up" to "I'm now wielding a continental WEAPON AT YOU STAND DOWN" in the span of about 20 seconds.

Every phase has had its stinkers.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:29 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Really?

You don't remember watching half a movie where RDJ was just getting drunk and Rhodey jumped from "come on man, it's time to sober up" to "I'm now wielding a continental WEAPON AT YOU STAND DOWN" in the span of about 20 seconds.

Love & Thunder was bad.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:00 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Love & Thunder was bad.
I don't think so -- I had it as the middle of the road. Literally have it 15th.

It's a solid comedy, actually gave Valkyrie and Portman things to do. The villain had real motivations and I felt was brilliantly acted, and the cosmic aspect was enjoyable -- at least for me.

The biggest, dumbest issue for me was Russell Crowe as Zeus -- holy shit did they implode with that idea. They should have gone with literally anybody with some (a.) gravitas and (b.) any knack whatsoever for comedy. Tim Curry would have crushed that role.

I also thought the climax with Thor magically being able to infuse his power into children came from nowhere.

Overall, more good than bad I think.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:01 PM 12-08-2022
I don't think so -- I had it as the middle of the road. Literally have it 15th.

It's a solid comedy, actually gave Valkyrie and Portman things to do. The villain had real motivations and I felt was brilliantly acted, and the cosmic aspect was enjoyable -- at least for me.

The biggest, dumbest issue for me was Russell Crowe as Zeus -- holy shit did they implode with that idea. They should have gone with literally anybody with some (a.) gravitas and (b.) any knack whatsoever for comedy. Tim Curry would have crushed that role.

I also thought the climax with Thor magically being able to infuse his power into children came from nowhere.

Overall, more good than bad I think.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. It was bad.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:43 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. It was bad.
Oh I gotcha. Sorry, totally missed that it was bad.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 02:27 PM 12-08-2022
Really?

Bad drama becomes unintentional comedy, bad comedy is just painful to watch.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:28 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Bad drama becomes unintentional comedy, bad comedy is just painful to watch.
Alright, I thought the movie was pretty funny but hey.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:43 PM 12-08-2022
Oh I gotcha. Sorry, totally missed that it was bad.
Glad we could clear that up.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:49 PM 12-08-2022
If we all learned Taika Waititi was on a massive cocaine and booze rager all the way through making L&T (4 hour original cut??), would any of us be in the least bit shocked by that discovery?
[Reply]
kcgreene 03:51 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If we all learned Taika Waititi was on a massive cocaine and booze rager all the way through making L&T (4 hour original cut??), would any of us be in the least bit shocked by that discovery?
It wouldn't surprise me at all. This is why there are only certain directors that you can let loose to create whatever they want. Feige gave him way too much leash on Love & Thunder. And we got a movie that was quite bad and didn't make sense at so many points.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:08 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
It wouldn't surprise me at all. This is why there are only certain directors that you can let loose to create whatever they want. Feige gave him way too much leash on Love & Thunder. And we got a movie that was quite bad and didn't make sense at so many points.

Marvel's been making bad movies for a while. That's been regardless of the directors and characters.
[Reply]
kcgreene 04:16 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Marvel's been making bad movies for a while. That's been regardless of the directors and characters.
Phase 4 I'd agree, but other than Waititi, Coogler (and Jon Watts who is under Sony's thumb w/ Spider-Man) all the directors in Phase 4 are new to the MCU. Waititi essentially redefined the character with Raganarok, and there was a lot of chatter they were giving him a lot more free reign when it was in production due to that shift.

Don't get me wrong, Feige has really messed up with Phase 4 and I'm sure that wasn't the only problem, but it is also apparent that Waititi went off the deep end quite a bit in Love and Thunder. Both things can be; and probably are, true.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:41 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Don’t forget threesones.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:44 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Don’t forget threesones.

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:44 PM 12-08-2022
Where I am right now.

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Avengers: Endgame
4. The Avengers
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
6. Black Panther
7. Thor: Ragnarok
8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. Thor
11. Iron Man
12. Spider-Man: No Way Home
13. Avengers: Ages of Ultron
14. Black Widow
15. Thor: Love and Thunder
16. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
17. Spider-Man: Homecoming
18. Eternals
19. Ant-Man
20. Captain Marvel
21. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
22. Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
23. Spider-Man: Far From Home
24. Doctor Strange
25. Iron Man 3
26. Captain America: The First Avenger
27. Ant-Man and the Wasp
28. Thor: The Dark World
29. Incredible Hulk
30. Iron Man 2
Captain America Winter Soldier is my favorite Marvel movie. I liked the first GotG better than the 2nd one but both would definitely be in the top 10 for me. Thor: Love and Thunder would be at negative a billion.

I still haven't seen Shang-Chi, Eternals, Ant-Man and the Wasp or Black Widow.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 71
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Up