ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 163
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
tredadda 07:53 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
They did a live look in of the Power and Light District near the end of the match. Pretty cool seeing KC represent.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:59 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They did a live look in of the Power and Light District near the end of the match. Pretty cool seeing KC represent.

[Reply]
Monticore 08:08 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Wake me up when it's over and tell me who won.

I'd rather watch Thursday Night Football.
Go at least watch Ted Lasso
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:27 PM 11-26-2022
Impressive.. VERY impressive...
[Reply]
loochy 09:54 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'd rather watch Thursday Night Football.
Then go watch Thursday night football? The world cup isn't stopping that.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:55 PM 11-26-2022
Who are these people?
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:02 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Who are these people?
Nothing wrong with not liking soccer but you might be living in a bubble if you don't see the sport and how it is rising in the country.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:07 PM 11-26-2022
Nothing wrong with not liking soccer but you might be living in a bubble if you don't see the sport and how it is rising in the country.
I am old. I do not see these people. Nobody in their late 30s gives a shit about soccer. I sure don't know these people - at least speaking about KC people. In other places of the country it would be much less surprising.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:13 PM 11-26-2022
I am old. I do not see these people. Nobody in their late 30s gives a shit about soccer. I sure don't know these people - at least speaking about KC people. In other places of the country it would be much less surprising.
Agreed. My 14 man fantasy football league, I made a thread for the World Cup. You could tell, it was like, I’m rooting for America because I’m
American, but I’m not crying if they lose……

TLDR : treated much better than the Olympics but ultimately viewed the same way
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:16 PM 11-26-2022
Who are these people?
Non-pussies who can run a mile and not die...
[Reply]
BWillie 10:17 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Agreed. My 14 man fantasy football league, I made a thread for the World Cup. You could tell, it was like, I’m rooting for America because I’m
American, but I’m not crying if they lose……

TLDR : treated much better than the Olympics but ultimately viewed the same way
I think, perhaps what it is is soccer fans locally are more likely than not to be general sports fans. They are just soccer fans and maybe casual Chiefs fans because its trendy right now but the soccer friends pools just doesnt intersect much with football friend pools.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:20 PM 11-26-2022
I think, perhaps what it is is soccer fans locally are more likely than not to be general sports fans. They are just soccer fans and maybe casual Chiefs fans because its trendy right now but the soccer friends pools just dont intersect much with football friend pools.
Yeah facts - I think also the MLS being a farmer league or aka bridge league also doesn’t help us as. nation.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11-26-2022, 10:36 PM
This message has been deleted by |Zach|.
|Zach| 10:40 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Yeah facts - I think also the MLS being a farmer league or aka bridge league also doesn’t help us as. nation.
What would you like done with MLS...our league that started out of thin air 1996 to rise above that?

The league has grown leaps and bounds by every metric.

And honestly lets not even talk about leagues but teams...there are what 4 or 5 clubs in the whole world who do not operate under the constant threat of a bigger fish coming in and buying out their talent. And it may be less than that. I am a fan of Borussia Dortmund easily a top 25 money club in the world and we are constantly getting poached. From our *rival* no less.

MLS is creating great players who sometimes get to move on to bigger and better things. That is really really good for US soccer...hell Tyler Adams started in an MLS academy got his chance to do the next thing and completely bossed England around the other day. It is all working as it should.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:41 PM 11-26-2022
Your reaction to "well you might be in a bubble" was "well me and my friends don't watch it"

Like...ya thats sort of what I was saying.

SKC has consistently sold out and done well for over a decade...KC even went as far as to land to be host of World Cup games.

And hey, you don't have to give a shit...thats fine but you might be in a bubble. Unless you think they are doing all of this without....men in their 30s??

It is fine if these venn diagram circles do not intersect with yours but you seem to be confused about it all and I am not sure why.

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:46 PM 11-26-2022
I'll never understand why people WANT the sports they watch or the things they enjoy to be crazy popular. More people usually means that thing will get ruined, because people ruin things.

Or why they would care if "nobody watches" some sport they don't watch.

Nothing says "peaked in high school" like thinking a sport's popularity says something about yourself.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 163
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up