ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
kccrow 01:01 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The problem with Hardman is that 3 better WR's were on the board.

DK Metcalf
Terry McLaurin
Diontae Johnson
In retrospect.

Not too many guys out there were thinking any of these guys were going to be amazing players, especially Johnson.

Johnson was a 5'10 WR that ran a 4.53 40, 7.09 3-cone, and played at Toledo. Nobody was jumping up and down for that and people are worried about Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson...

Metcalf was a measurables guy that wasn't all that great at Ole Miss. Might want to take yourself a gander at his collegiate production, which wasn't much better than Hardman's.

The same goes for McLaurin, who had limited college production and a fast 40 time, on par with Metcalf.

Not a single one of these guys really popped off the page. You can't just sit here now and say "see these guys were on the board!" Hardman turned out to be the worst out of a fairly shitty-looking group of receivers, that all turned out to be pretty good players in the NFL.

It's kind of like having yourself a handful of Christian Watson's to pick from and you just so happen to pick the one guy that's really solid in his role but not a really good outside WR.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:03 PM 04-27-2022
The problem with Hardman is that 3 better WR's were on the board.

DK Metcalf
Terry McLaurin
Diontae Johnson
The problem with your framing is that it’s all in hindsight. You could literally do this in every draft for every team with one pick or another.

Hardman is still one of the most productive WRs from that class.

Of course you wish they would’ve hit the HR, but talking about it like this in hindsight is just silly.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:18 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
In retrospect.

Not too many guys out there were thinking any of these guys were going to be amazing players, especially Johnson.

Johnson was a 5'10 WR that ran a 4.53 40, 7.09 3-cone, and played at Toledo. Nobody was jumping up and down for that and people are worried about Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson...

Metcalf was a measurables guy that wasn't all that great at Ole Miss. Might want to take yourself a gander at his collegiate production, which wasn't much better than Hardman's.

The same goes for McLaurin, who had limited college production and a fast 40 time, on par with Metcalf.

Not a single one of these guys really popped off the page. You can't just sit here now and say "see these guys were on the board!" Hardman turned out to be the worst out of a fairly shitty-looking group of receivers, that all turned out to be pretty good players in the NFL.

It's kind of like having yourself a handful of Christian Watson's to pick from and you just so happen to pick the one guy that's really solid in his role but not a really good outside WR.
I had both DK and McLaurin as 1st round talents.

DK was oversold by some as going top ten. I thought he should go in the 20s. Limited route tree but 4 NFL elite ready routes.

Compared Terry to a bigger TY Hilton.

I didn't rank Diontae in a round but loved the player. He had that it factor and was my MAC breakout guy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:44 PM 04-27-2022

DK was oversold by some as going top ten. I thought he should go in the 20s. Limited route tree but 4 NFL elite ready routes.

I didn't rank Diontae in a round but loved the player. He had that it factor and was my MAC breakout guy.
4 elite NFL routes? What bullshit is this?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:51 PM 04-27-2022

Show posts that you had those opinions. Otherwise this is all speculative bullshit.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:16 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Show posts that you had those opinions. Otherwise this is all speculative bullshit.
I posted a WR board that year on this board.

I'm not going to bother selling you, I don't care.

It's just funny that there is a boilerplate "hindsight" assumed every time Mecole is mentioned.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:18 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
4 elite NFL routes? What bullshit is this?
What don't you understand?

He had a limited route tree and people focused on that but there were several routes that were NFL caliber.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:30 PM 04-27-2022

You had those guys as 1st round talents? Yeah, I'd like to see that board.

I find it hard to believe you had McLaurin as a 1st rounder when he had like 1200 career yards versus Campbell who had 1100 his Junior year alone.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:32 PM 04-27-2022
It's online. I'll find it.

But DK was not impressive, he was on most mocks.

McLaurin was a nice one admittedly.

You remember the wins, shake off the losses.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:34 PM 04-27-2022
It's online. I'll find it.

But DK was not impressive, he was on most mocks.

McLaurin was a nice one admittedly.

You remember the wins, shake off the losses.
I'll be the first to give you kudos if you did. No joke.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:38 PM 04-27-2022
I'll be the first to give you kudos if you did. No joke.
I was tipped off on him by someone that coached college football. So I'm not going to take the bow for Terry but yeah, it was a good one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:11 PM 04-27-2022

I find it hard to believe you had McLaurin as a 1st rounder when he had like 1200 career yards versus Campbell who had 1100 his Junior year alone.
I was pretty outspoken as wanting him ahead of Hardman.

But again, it just doesn’t matter. We thought we were gonna lose Hill and it happened after most of FA had transpired and right before the draft when our only real shot to replace that speed was the draft.

And nobody provided the wheels that Hardman did.

I hate how it went down but it was largely circumstance. Shit happens.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:13 PM 04-27-2022
I was curious and went looking for it but couldn't find it, so its up to you to provide us with it haha. Nothing in two threads on WRs that year.

Apparently, I had DK Metcalf mocked in round 1 and wanted the Chiefs to have nothing to do with him. LOL. The other guy I had mocked in 1 was AJ Brown. I was definitely high on Parris Campbell for KC. I liked Terry Godwin. staylor nailed Hardman as an interest of KC's. Good little nuggets of shit in there though, it was funny to look back at. Almost all of us were wrong about alot of shit that year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:16 PM 04-27-2022
I was curious and went looking for it but couldn't find it, so its up to you to provide us with it haha. Nothing in two threads on WRs that year.

Apparently, I had DK Metcalf mocked in round 1 and wanted the Chiefs to have nothing to do with him. LOL. The other guy I had mocked in 1 was AJ Brown. I was definitely high on Parris Campbell for KC. I liked Terry Godwin. staylor nailed Hardman as an interest of KC's. Good little nuggets of shit in there though, it was funny to look back at. Almost all of us were wrong about alot of shit that year.
Want to link the threads? I need to go back and see how dumb I was.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:32 PM 04-27-2022
The point I was trying to make is that burks has a weakness with running routes. He’s compared to deebo and will likely be used as a gadget player. Let’s assume that if we drafted burks, he’d get a lot of those kind of gadget touches. Watson has also been used a lot as a gadget player. He played RB a lot. Lots of short passes, reverses and runs from the rb position. How much of a drop off would watson be from burks in a gadget role? I’d say apples and oranges. Burks wouldn’t necessarily be a better gadget player. He’s better at breaking tackles but watson is a bigger home run hitter. Watson has the juice to score if he gets some open grass. So, if watson and burks are both good gadget players and watson has the higher ceiling if he develops then it’s not a huge reach for watson in the first. Burks is a consensus 1st round selection. Watson should be close behind him but more like a ziggy ansah selection where his selection is based on traits. And mvs isn’t really a gadget guy? I think your misjudging watsons ability in the open field in a deebo role.

Originally Posted by kcbubb
Funny to me how many of y’all are high on burks but low on watson when they would play the same role? Can you explain that?

Why is that onus on the ones that like Burks better? Burks is clearly the higher-rated prospect by every board on the planet. I think this falls on you.

I'm not going to compare him to Burks at all. I'll be clear, I'm not that much a fan of Burks in this offense.

I'm going to say this, I think Watson's floor is MVS. He can be a deep-threat guy, just chuck it up there dawg and we'll see what happens. I have no doubts about that. Same size, same speed, very similar guys coming out from a skills perspective, and relatively equitable collegiate production in similar offenses (South Florida was run-oriented with Marlon Mack and D'Ernest Johnson). If MVS didn't jump terribly, his RAS scorecard would look identical to Watson's.

I look at this though, MVS was a 5th round pick. Now, if MVS had a 5th round value then why on Earth should we be inclined to think that Watson should have much higher than that? At this point, the comps are identical sans vertical jump. So, is Watson's ability to jump 8 inches higher than MVS in shorts worth 3 or 4 rounds? Honestly, that's what everyone is talking about, the Mel Kiper's of the world included. I'm just trying to be realistic here and I really feel like this whole "RAS" shit is blown well out of proportion in comparison to the on-field.

As I said, I like the shot on the kid but I just don't like him above a good crop of others, and before 62 is pushing it.

[Reply]
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up