ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
In Memoriam>RIP rockymtnchief
Bwana 08:25 AM 11-08-2021
I was going to wait on this a few days, but under the circumstances, I decided to post this up now. Wes, AKA Hondo passed away late Saturday night. He was like a brother and this one hits pretty hard.
I had a nice talk with his sister yesterday about everything. He was one tough guy and he hung in there for several months longer than the doctor's claimed was possible.

We shared a lot of shooting, beer's ATV rides, and a love of the Chiefs over the years. He was the kind of guy that if he liked you, he would give you the shirt off his back. (In this case literally, I learned he left me all his Chiefs gear) Hondo was the kind of guy to put everyone else first.

I'll have to double check the area for snow level. I'd like to take one last wheeling trip up Bridger Creek this year, dodge the grizzly's that are out trying to get their last meal and stash a bottle of Pendleton at a place on top of the mountain where we used to stop and just BS. I will hoist a shot to the heavens, say a few words and toast him, every time I head up there.

I'll post more stories along with some pictures in the the thread as it moves along.

RIP my brother, you were one of a kind and you will be deeply missed.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 06:44 PM 11-08-2021
Shit. I had no idea. Was it cancer?

I met Hondo at one of the bashes, and we became friends, kept in touch on Facebook. Dude was legit a man. This is pretty shocking.

Wes was 100% solid. RIP Hondo.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:46 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I was just poking around at his recent posts and noticed this one from not too long ago. Impressive that he had such a positive attitude about it.
damn.

that's impressive; I hope I'm that calm / content in a situation like that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:47 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Shit. I had no idea. Was it cancer?

I met Hondo at one of the bashes, and we became friends, kept in touch on Facebook. Dude was legit a man. This is pretty shocking.

Wes was 100% solid. RIP Hondo.
Stage 4 stomach cancer, apparently.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:51 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm guessing it's not going to get better, unfortunately. CPers were relatively young and healthy when the board was started a couple of decades ago, but now we're not getting any younger.

RIP Hondo, and condolences to all who knew him well.
I thought about this the other day..I signed up here when I was 22, now I'm 41, that's crazy.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:58 PM 11-08-2021
Damn, R.I.P. another good one gone.
[Reply]
Bump 07:09 PM 11-08-2021
Sorry for your loss, my condolences.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:38 PM 11-08-2021
It's a real bummer to continue seeing these kinds of threads. RIP.

Condolences on the loss, Bwana.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:57 PM 11-08-2021
Bwana,

Your guys stories on this board sure reminded me of home. And Hondo is like many Montanans, just real. I can't explain the people there but it makes a man better. He seemed like a good one.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:52 PM 11-08-2021
Prayers to rockymtnchief's family and thoughts to you Bwana.

Do us a favor and whenever you're up on the mountain toasting him do one for you and him and then one for the rest of us.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:01 PM 11-08-2021
damn man. he was lucky to have a friend like you. RIP .

this year has been pretty tough.
[Reply]
Braincase 09:12 PM 11-08-2021
I am sorry for his passing.
I am happy he was able to see the Chiefs win another Superbowl in his lifetime.
[Reply]
philfree 09:27 PM 11-08-2021
RIP RMC. Seems Chiefs Planet is taking a lot of hits. At least our comrades got to see us hoist the Lombardi and two Lamar Hunt trophy's. God bless their families.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 09:41 PM 11-08-2021
Sorry to hear that. RIP
[Reply]
wazu 10:54 PM 11-08-2021
Beautiful tribute, Bwana. Sorry to see us lose another great one.
[Reply]
teedubya 12:13 AM 11-09-2021
Damn, Wes. Loved that dude. Great guy. RIP, bro.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up