ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 315
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
wheeler08 12:31 PM 01-24-2020
Some of my better pickups were for $1 or so. Then the last guy I need, some jackwad keeps bumping up the price.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Well my reasoning behind Kendricks is one of my LBs is out for most of 2019. I forget offhand. So I don’t need him this year but next year. I totally missed out on Bradham cuz I was only paying attention to Kendricks. I can’t keep up with it when there are no emails when getting outbid. Win some lose some. No biggie.
I figured for sure one of you guys would just fall off Kendricks and snag Bradham. He was the only guy I was really holding my breath on and only because I screwed up and overlooked him myself. I'd botched that LB corps in a big way and needed him desperately to avoid a situation where I was forced to start Breeland Speaks or Tyus Bowser as a SAM backer.

I figured I'd sat back too long and let the bidding on Kendricks get heated enough that someone would just say "fuck this" and pay $3 for Bradham and I'd be done.

That would've been a damn mess. Fortunately next year I'll have AJ Johnson to replace him along with Warner and Dion-Lewis coming off a far improved season to his '18 so I only needed him for the 1 year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:38 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think free agency is a blast. Lots of strategy involved, especially since the bidding is also linked to contract length.

I was in the middle of the battle for those defensive tackles - Andrew Billings, Michael Pierce, and later Jonathan Hankins. I just needed a rotational guy, so I kept figuring I'd get one of them. But apparently everyone needs a rotational guy and prices for all three kept going up. So I scoured the free agent list and ended up getting PJ Hall for a buck or something. He's probably not at the level of those other guys, but on a value basis I'm happy with it. I'll give him a one-year contract and if he performs I'll try to keep him.
I'm disappointed in myself for not staying on Billings longer. I came off him figuring I'd get Pierce at a more reasonable figure even though I liked Billings more (and Hankins was still so cheap at the time that it seemed possible to get Hankins and Pierce for the price of Billings). The next thing I know both Pierce AND Hankins are looking at getting more than Billings, who the bidding had already closed on. Good win by whoever took that one home.

I'm hopeful that Lancaster doesn't take a stiff penalty playing inside. He's just listed as a blanket "DL" but played mostly on the interior. As a rotational backup, he's a pretty handy guy to have but because of how crazy the bidding got on the Fatso 3 there, he ended up being counted on as a backup instead of a luxury item. And I've got a DE3 playing alongside him as my other rotational DT because I just couldn't justify that kind of scratch for backups when I really like my starters in Hargrave and Clark.

The Chiefs flipping to a 4-3 and Sutton souring everyone on the 3-4 has made this a far different creature than Sandbox 1.0 was. Back then everyone was playing a 3-4 so these interior line rotations weren't nearly as hard to put together. But with so many teams looking at 4-3 setups now, it's tough to get the pieces needed to ensure you're not rolling street free agents as backups by week 12.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:39 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
i had jones for like 20 with about a few hours left and this whoever this dude is keeps bidding it up so now im just like **** you i have the money ill spend whatever on this guy
We should at some point add a "Dan Snyder" button where you can click it on a free agent and it'll automatically keep bidding up no matter what.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:45 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
We should at some point add a "Dan Snyder" button where you can click it on a free agent and it'll automatically keep bidding up no matter what.
You sure we don't need to call that the "Brett Veach" button?

{ducks}

Though you could have one of those Ebay systems where you put your 'high bid' in and maybe select a 'bid increment' amount and the thing just runs. And if you wanted to be mean about it, you make it so that your 'final bid' figure is truly your final bid figure. If you get trumped, you don't get to overbid again.
[Reply]
carlos3652 01:15 PM 01-24-2020
Ugh. I failed miserably in League 1 with a 5-10 record. (2-10 the last 12) - Im not sure I know what Im doing.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:44 AM 01-28-2020
Are we finally finished with free agency in league 2?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Are we finally finished with free agency in league 2?
I wanted a loan for 128 just so I could keep the absurd Ronald Jones bidding going for another week or two.

I mean what's the fun in a FA process if you can't wait 71 hours and then bid in $1 increments?
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:05 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wanted a loan for 128 just so I could keep the absurd Ronald Jones bidding going for another week or two.

I mean what's the fun in a FA process if you can't wait 71 hours and then bid in $1 increments?
For the record - that wasn’t me. I Dan Snydered FA - if I wanted him I made sure no one else could afford them and over paid for mediocre talent.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
For the record - that wasn’t me. I Dan Snydered FA - if I wanted him I made sure no one else could afford them and over paid for mediocre talent.
Yeah, I knew it wasn't you.

I was slightly proud of myself for price enforcing you into oblivion. I don't recall who it was I finally won on, but it was someone I barely bid over you to get in the lead on and fully expected you to bid back. Then I checked the standings and realized you were at $0 left because I'd gone to the mattresses with you on Jones/Wallace.

All told I signed a remarkable 18 free agents. I think 2nd in the league signed 14 and 3rd signed 12. I think I did a solid job of re-allocating assets into high upside options and necessary short-term additions.

And Breeland Speaks.
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:36 AM 01-28-2020
See I totally forgot about free agency again, luckily I finally got my guy.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:58 PM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Yes, I noticed the $1 bids.
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:38 AM 02-04-2020
Everyone still alive? Just checking!
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:49 AM 02-04-2020
Just waiting to see what the next step is in league 2.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:16 AM 02-04-2020
I will try to crank things up again tonight.
[Reply]
Page 189 of 315
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Up