ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 315
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192232282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:59 AM 01-09-2020
The whole name of the game is to drive price up until the other guy runs out of money. And of course I’m going to do it $1 at a time. Because that $1 might be all you have left. I’m not going to over pay if I don’t need too. I’ve lost out on several guys once it got too high (thanks Carlos)
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:01 AM 01-09-2020
He is Dan Snyder (ala Albert Haynesworth). That was gold. From now on he shall be called Daniel instead of Carlos!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Yea this free agency is whack. In the very least, once a player is bid on, the clock never resets. That reset for 3 days drives me crazy. I have no patience.
Again - built for a 6 month off-season. When the system is in full swing, this process is supposed to be fairly drawn out.

Now whether or not CD will run into retention issues or engagement problems because of that remains to be seen, but it's his show and the logic behind it is relatively sound. He needs to do something to convince people to pay attention during the long periods between sim seasons.

Stretching out the FA process is how he's elected to do it. If it were my show I'd do it differently but I also don't have any knowledge of the processing power that goes into trying to run this stuff, especially if its scaled up for commercial purposes. My ideas may simply not be cost effective or feasible.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:09 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - built for a 6 month off-season. When the system is in full swing, this process is supposed to be fairly drawn out.

Now whether or not CD will run into retention issues or engagement problems because of that remains to be seen, but it's his show and the logic behind it is relatively sound. He needs to do something to convince people to pay attention during the long periods between sim seasons.

Stretching out the FA process is how he's elected to do it. If it were my show I'd do it differently but I also don't have any knowledge of the processing power that goes into trying to run this stuff, especially if its scaled up for commercial purposes. My ideas may simply not be cost effective or feasible.
agree with this too, im not mad or upset with cd, im happy he put this out here for me to have fun with
[Reply]
carlos3652 11:42 AM 01-09-2020
What I've always found kinda frustrating (since the beginning really) is that I'll go digging through 200 damn players to find 3 that are sliding under the radar, put a bid in on them (when they're sitting there with no bids after 3 days), and then a couple other guys see them, research them and drive them up on me within a couple hours of my bid.

Kinda sucks being someone else's scouting service...
Agree with this as well. Although, in FA, players shop themselves... to other teams.

That being said, I think being able to see 2 years worth of what this player has been doing really is what hurts us in the end. Once we only can only see what he has for 1 year, it will be more of a risk / reward to sign certain players.
[Reply]
carlos3652 11:44 AM 01-09-2020
Ultimately I think the answer is that this is all kinda one-off stuff. Remember, FA going forward trickles out throughout the off-season so strategic bidding will be FAR more critical (and it won't come with the benefit of hindsight).

The sim is being used in a way it just isn't designed for right now. It's the perils of beta testing.

And Carlos can still eat dicks. Dude's blowing me out of the water on backup DTs now. FFS, Dan Snyder - you plan on signing everyone?
Yes! I missed this. And I am the Dan Snyder of L2, and Im assuming it will go just about as good as the Redskins but I wanted to handle the leagues differently.

Sorry for the bidding wars, Im almost done. :P
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Agree with this as well. Although, in FA, players shop themselves... to other teams.

That being said, I think being able to see 2 years worth of what this player has been doing really is what hurts us in the end. Once we only can only see what he has for 1 year, it will be more of a risk / reward to sign certain players.
Remember - in the future you won't be able to see what he's been doing AT ALL.

FA bidding will come before the games are played. You're bidding for the prospective performance of a player. It'll get tough at that point and the wheat will truly be separated from the chaff.

We only got 1 year of that in v1.0 and it was savage. You see some teams fall off a cliff in a hurry. And the kind of deep dives you have to start doing into teams depth charts/FA targets, etc.... can get nasty. You start getting guys you drafted in the 2nd round and gave 6 year deals to cut outright because they're buried on depth charts. You have dudes who you signed as FAs because they started the year before ending up in role-player gigs the following season.

I spent my ass off for that Raiders DT that signed with the Chiefs about 5 years ago figuring he'd be a great interior pass-rusher for me (Vance Walker?). He came to the Chiefs and our 3-4, turned to dog-ass and I cut him after a single season when I'd spent something like 75 on him in FA.

This shit's easy compared to the long-picture view.
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:10 PM 01-09-2020
Remember - in the future you won't be able to see what he's been doing AT ALL.

FA bidding will come before the games are played. You're bidding for the prospective performance of a player. It'll get tough at that point and the wheat will truly be separated from the chaff.

We only got 1 year of that in v1.0 and it was savage. You see some teams fall off a cliff in a hurry. And the kind of deep dives you have to start doing into teams depth charts/FA targets, etc.... can get nasty. You start getting guys you drafted in the 2nd round and gave 6 year deals to cut outright because they're buried on depth charts. You have dudes who you signed as FAs because they started the year before ending up in role-player gigs the following season.

I spent my ass off for that Raiders DT that signed with the Chiefs about 5 years ago figuring he'd be a great interior pass-rusher for me (Vance Walker?). He came to the Chiefs and our 3-4, turned to dog-ass and I cut him after a single season when I'd spent something like 75 on him in FA.

This shit's easy compared to the long-picture view.
I missed that! Ugh... even worse lol.

Its crazy the dip some players have taking in 2019, after a good - great 2018.

And I agree. The risk will be much higher not having the hindsight. Players also get lost due to injury which puts a damper on some of it.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:21 PM 01-09-2020
We need a separate thread for league 2.

I give no shits about it.
[Reply]
wheeler08 02:24 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Lol. I thought that awhile back also. I was like get these shits outta our thread. But then I joined league 2! Lol.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:33 PM 01-09-2020
League 1 rosters are ready for Saturday simulations.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:37 PM 01-09-2020
We came up with a different concept for FA bids (minimum bid time, then FA could sign at random times after that), but I haven't had time to code it. Also the pace might have been too fast.
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:20 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Maybe instead of all this discussion being on CP it could be done through the forums on the Sandbox site. That way down the road when this has gone commercial we won't expect everyone to come to CP to post about their team. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 AM 01-10-2020
going to take a risk
[Reply]
wheeler08 10:36 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
going to take a risk
I might bench all my starters and rest them till playoffs. These last few games are meaningless....
[Reply]
Page 182 of 315
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192232282 > Last »
Up