ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 335
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:41 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y'know what....I've changed my mind.

Make Catelyn Stark !@#$ing Kenny from South Park. Every single Sunday she'll do something stupid, get killed and then carried away by rats. The next week she'll be back as though nothing ever happened...and we get to kill the vapid twat yet again.

She's worse than Sansa. You may be absolutely right. The only thing better than leaving her in the ground is going full Prometheus on her and having an eagle eat her liver every day, only to make her suffer a similarly ignominious fate the next week. Catelyn Stark as comic relief....I like it.
I heard you like Catelyn Stark.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:45 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Throwback to the old Coors Light commercials

REAL WESTEROS HEROES (Real westeros heroes)

So, congrats Mrs. I'm going to make a bunch of rash decisions that completely fuck my family
Your actions have led to the death of your husband (he got his fucking head cut off!)
And then, your further actions weakened your son's position (and he got murdered, toooooooooooo)
And now, you are going to die, too (Frey doesn't care - that son's retaaaaaarded)
But it won't stop there - you get to be reanimated (it won't matter)
You're still an idiot and will squuuuuaaander your second life! (A total waste)

So here's to you, Mrs. I'm going to make a bunch of rash decisions that completely fuck my family. You managed in two years what all the Andals and Targaryens never could: Bringing down the Starks. And that's something!
Tears of joy. Just so many tears of joy.

I thought I was the only person that absolutely loathes that character. There are more of us....PRAISE JESUS THERE ARE MORE OF US!

Honest to God, you could not have done one single thing dumber than what you did. Let's not forget that she is also the one that pushed Ned to go the Kings Landing in the books (at her crazy !@#$ing sister's behest) as well as pushed the Sansa/Joffrey marriage, which was pretty much the beginning of the end there.

Everything she said/did was wrong. Everything.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:08 PM 06-25-2015

I thought I was the only person that absolutely loathes that character. There are more of us....PRAISE JESUS THERE ARE MORE OF US!

Honest to God, you could not have done one single thing dumber than what you did. Let's not forget that she is also the one that pushed Ned to go the Kings Landing in the books (at her crazy !@#$ing sister's behest) as well as pushed the Sansa/Joffrey marriage, which was pretty much the beginning of the end there.

She brings no redeeming qualities to the books/show. Everything she does is for her kids.....and she's the reason that they end up getting fucked over.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 12:11 PM 06-25-2015
Y'know what....I've changed my mind.

Make Catelyn Stark !@#$ing Kenny from South Park. Every single Sunday she'll do something stupid, get killed and then carried away by rats. The next week she'll be back as though nothing ever happened...and we get to kill the vapid twat yet again.

She's worse than Sansa. You may be absolutely right. The only thing better than leaving her in the ground is going full Prometheus on her and having an eagle eat her liver every day, only to make her suffer a similarly ignominious fate the next week. Catelyn Stark as comic relief....I like it.
I will hear arguments against it, but I think part of the problem is George Rest and Relaxation can't write a woman character at all. He isn't as bad as Jordan, but the vast majority of his main women characters act completely idiotic. Not saying males don't either,but Arya is about the only non idiotic women character. I'll give dany a pass and just blame that on George not knowing how to advance her plot out of that city.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:41 PM 06-25-2015
Until today's death of her co-star, I had no idea that this chick from the Avengers (the old TV show), Diana Rigg

Was now the Queen of Thorns.

[Reply]
MagicHef 03:41 PM 06-25-2015

Oh, I absolutely hate Catelyn. She's worse than Cersei, in my opinion.
[Reply]
Amnorix 06-25-2015, 03:41 PM
This message has been deleted by Amnorix. Reason: dupe
keg in kc 03:45 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Until today's death of her co-star, I had no idea that this chick from the Avengers (the old TV show), Diana Rigg
Was now the Queen of Thorns.
Oh no, Patrick Macnee died?
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:50 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
I will hear arguments against it, but I think part of the problem is George Rest and Relaxation can't write a woman character at all. He isn't as bad as Jordan, but the vast majority of his main women characters act completely idiotic. Not saying males don't either,but Arya is about the only non idiotic women character. I'll give dany a pass and just blame that on George not knowing how to advance her plot out of that city.
Main women characters:

Daenerys: Child raised exclusively by a bigger idiot (Viserys)
Arya: Child, but surprisingly not an idiot
Sansa: Child
Meera: Not an idiot
Catelyn: Idiot
Cersei: Becomes an idiot in the end, but does a very good job of manipulating things to her benefit for a really long time
Olenna: Not an idiot
Maergery: Not an idiot
Brienne: Naive, but not an idiot
Melisandre: Absurdly powerful, but probably an idiot. Also, might not actually be a woman.
Ygritte: Not an idiot
Missandei: Really not an idiot. Likely one of the most intelligent characters in the series, even though she is a child.

I'm probably forgetting a few, but the vast majority of the female characters seem to be non-idiots.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:51 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Oh no, Patrick Macnee died?

Yessir, 'fraid so.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33279566
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:55 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

I was arguing with my roommate's little brothers the other night. They swear Jon is a Baratheon- the son of Robert.

I tried my best to run down the Lyanna/Rhaegar theory with them and only convinced one of them. I told the other that that was literally the worst theory I've ever heard :-) I'll show him this.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:57 PM 06-25-2015
This one's interesting too.

Jorah Mormont as Azor Ahai, eh?

Now that is an interesting theory.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:01 PM 06-25-2015
What iiiiiiiiiiiif the way the Valyrian's made their steel is with actual dragon blood?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 04:26 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Main women characters:

Daenerys: Child raised exclusively by a bigger idiot (Viserys)
Arya: Child, but surprisingly not an idiot
Sansa: Child
Meera: Not an idiot
Catelyn: Idiot
Cersei: Becomes an idiot in the end, but does a very good job of manipulating things to her benefit for a really long time
Olenna: Not an idiot
Maergery: Not an idiot
Brienne: Naive, but not an idiot
Melisandre: Absurdly powerful, but probably an idiot. Also, might not actually be a woman.
Ygritte: Not an idiot
Missandei: Really not an idiot. Likely one of the most intelligent characters in the series, even though she is a child.

I'm probably forgetting a few, but the vast majority of the female characters seem to be non-idiots.
You don't get to give Sansa a pass as "child", sorry. She is to blame as much as her mother for what happens to the Starks and she wasn't even really a "child" as much as adolescent. Same for Dany, but I already excuse her because George just wrote himself into a place he doesn't really know how to get out of.

Cersie is and always was an idiot. I don't even know how you can argue otherwise. She completely goes to shit when everyone who actually knew anything about politics left or died, who were the cause of her good fortune.

Brienne - sorry, can't agree

Olenna is one of the only well written women in the series.

Your forgetting the idiot up in the vale. The idiot hooker the tyrion killed.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:41 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
You don't get to give Sansa a pass as "child", sorry. She is to blame as much as her mother for what happens to the Starks and she wasn't even really a "child" as much as adolescent. Same for Dany, but I already excuse her because George just wrote himself into a place he doesn't really know how to get out of.

Cersie is and always was an idiot. I don't even know how you can argue otherwise. She completely goes to shit when everyone who actually knew anything about politics left or died, who were the cause of her good fortune.

Brienne - sorry, can't agree

Olenna is one of the only well written women in the series.

Your forgetting the idiot up in the vale. The idiot hooker the tyrion killed.
You're right, Lysa was definitely an idiot.

As for Sansa, I read an interesting recounting of her story the other day. Everyone is mad at her for betraying her family by going to Cersei with Ned's plans. However, no one ever tells Sansa not to trust the Lannisters/Baratheons.

Every other character that goes to King's Landing is told that the Lannisters are up to no good, even Bran is told the rumors about Cersei and Jaime, and Ned tells Arya (specifically in the absence of Sansa) that there are people that are trying to harm their family. Sansa has no idea that these people are anyone other than her dad's best friend's family.

To expect an 11 year old to not trust the family her parents are marrying her into when she has no information to show her that she shouldn't is absurd.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:19 PM 06-25-2015
No point in Tower of Joy unless it's to reveal Jon's heritage and no reason to reveal Jon's heritage if he isn't returning in some form.
he's coming back in some form. Also I'm not so sure Stannis is dead.

GOT has no issues showing us gore Why didn't we get to see Stannis lose his head? Does she use him to get inside with the Boltons?
[Reply]
Page 60 of 335
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up