ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 335
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
unlurking 05:40 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm not gonna throw a fit about it or anything, but it's pretty shitty for people who illegally download the show to give stuff away - no matter how small - to those of us who choose to wait with 99.9% of the world.
I understand that, but he just said it was good. How is that giving anything away? We have people do that all the time in movie threads! Have you read ANY of the Star Wars threads?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:41 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I understand that, but he just said it was good. How is that giving anything away? We have people do that all the time in movie threads! Have you read ANY of the Star Wars threads?

You mean the ones labeled spoilers?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:42 PM 05-22-2016
My response was mainly in reaction to his assertion that he shouldn't have to use spoiler tags for stuff related to the episode. I'm not a fan of any reactions, personally, but I'm not saying my world has ended because of it.

And no, I don't read a lot of movie threads. Those seem quite a bit different to me since hype is everywhere for movies compared to a TV show that makes every effort to keep knowledge of the episode top secret.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:43 PM 05-22-2016
This.

He said it was a good episode. That's not a spoiler. Panties are getting way too bunched up into sandy manginas in here.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:44 PM 05-22-2016
GOT is different. They make every effort with every episode to remain top secret before it broadcasts. These pirated episodes usually make it to the web 3-4 days out tops.

If you think its a travesty of your freedom that talk of pirated episodes be put in a spoiler tag in this thread for 3-4 days, then thats your issue.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:47 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If you think its a travesty of your freedom that talk of pirated episodes be put in a spoiler tag in this thread, then thats your issue.

Have have you ever read War and Peace? It's a good book. Oh shit, sorry I spoiled the book for you, might as well not even read it now.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:49 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
This.

He said it was a good episode. That's not a spoiler. Panties are getting way too bunched up into sandy manginas in here.
He's the one that got quoted, but there were three posts about the new episode in here, all that gave at least pieces of information about the show:

1. Good episode
2. Contains information that is going to spoil something for book readers.
3. Some things are revealed, but new question marks are raised (granted, you could probably say that about any episode)

I'm not saying those are going to ruin the day or anything, but at what point do you decide it goes into a spoiler tag?

It's a grey area, so the logical conclusion is that ANYTHING about the leaked show should go in spoiler tags.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:58 PM 05-22-2016
He's the one that got quoted, but there were three posts about the new episode in here, all that gave at least pieces of information about the show:

1. Good episode
2. Contains information that is going to spoil something for book readers.
3. Some things are revealed, but new question marks are raised (granted, you could probably say that about any episode)

I'm not saying those are going to ruin the day or anything, but at what point do you decide it goes into a spoiler tag?

It's a grey area, so the logical conclusion is that ANYTHING about the leaked show should go in spoiler tags.

OK, but take a look at those:

1) opinion regarding the overall quality of the episode, not a spoiler

2) opinion regarding how people may react who are still reading the books, not a spoiler

3) vague nonsense that applies to every new episode of every television show ever, not a spoiler
[Reply]
unlurking 06:00 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
You mean the ones labeled spoilers?
I mean like this:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
A video was leaked this morning but it was quickly removed.

or this...

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'll repeat again: This is fucking HUGE read at your own risk.

Now we know why Kylo Ren arrived in Ireland this week...

------------

Luke Skywalker and Rey are on Ahch-To just before nightfall as the sun sets in the background and it starts to rain. Rey’s hair is pulled back. She doesn’t have the vest from VII on. Luke and Rey are wearing the costumes as described before.

Kylo Ren and The Knights of Ren turn up along the coast. Kylo Ren continues advancing towards the heroes with the Knights of Ren. Kylo does not wear the mask here. Kylo has the same cross guard saber as he did in VII. Kylo’s costume looked the same as in VII.

Rey and Kylo Ren duel one-on-one and end up fighting alongside the cliff face over looking the nighttime water. Kylo wants his revenge after Rey disgraced him. The Knights of Ren go for Luke Skywalker while Rey is left for Kylo.

Luke Skywalker engages the knights on the beach while Kylo attempts to kill Rey. The first black knight has an axe and moves towards the Luke but is Force pushed away to his death after being thrown through the air. After Luke dispatches the first knight he ignites his green lightsaber.

Luke moves through each knight one by one.

Rey and Kylo’s battle moves up to the side of a cliff. Suddenly Rey is nowhere to be seen. She’s taken out of the battle, either wounded or appears to go over the side of the cliff. Luke Skywalker casually walks towards Kylo to finish him but Kylo retreats when he sees Skywalker and his crew defeated.

Luke Skywalker is a badass Jedi and he’ll destroy your squad.

-------------

One source commented:

Luke Skywalker fights the Knights of Ren using the Force and then his sword, a mixture of wizard and warrior. While we can confirm that Luke does use his lightsaber, we think we can confirm the color too; the lightsaber was green for the light-rod on set. So it appears Luke still has his Return of the Jedi saber after all these years. There were also white flashing effects used in the battle.

Lots of wire work was observed as well.
Don't act like they don't exist.

(Sorry to single you out Dane, love the content you post in the Star Wars threads. Keep doing it! Don't let them ban you!
:-) )
[Reply]
unlurking 06:01 PM 05-22-2016
Have have you ever read War and Peace? It's a good book. Oh shit, sorry I spoiled the book for you, might as well not even read it now.
You fucking bastard!

:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 06:02 PM 05-22-2016
OK, but take a look at those:

1) opinion regarding the overall quality of the episode, not a spoiler

2) opinion regarding how people may react who are still reading the books, not a spoiler

3) vague nonsense that applies to every new episode of every television show ever, not a spoiler
Based on those three comments, I would bet that, in tonight's episode:

1. Plot lines generally advance in a satisfying, but not unpredictable direction
2. There are no major battles
3. There are no surprise deaths to major characters

If I'm wrong, I'll retract my criticism of that even minor spoilers give a lot away.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:08 PM 05-22-2016
Based on those three comments, I would bet that, in tonight's episode:

1. Plot lines generally advance in a satisfying, but not unpredictable direction
2. There are no major battles
3. There are no surprise deaths to major characters

If I'm wrong, I'll retract my criticism of that even minor spoilers give a lot away.
Even that is major assumption on your part.

If Cersei dies, it fits criteria #3 as a spoiler. But many might consider that a good episode. Or those who love Ramsay might be upset that he gets killed because he brings so much fun chaos to the show, where others might call it a good episode to see him fed to his own dogs.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:08 PM 05-22-2016
I mean like this:

or this...

Don't act like they don't exist.

(Sorry to single you out Dane, love the content you post in the Star Wars threads. Keep doing it! Don't let them ban you! :-) )

Both of which are in a thread TITLED spoilers.

This one is titled book spoilers. We're past the books.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:11 PM 05-22-2016
Even that is major assumption on your part.

If Cersei dies, it fits criteria #3 as a spoiler. But many might consider that a good episode. Or those who love Ramsay might be upset that he gets killed because he brings so much fun chaos to the show, where others might call it a good episode to see him fed to his own dogs.
I'm leaving it alone at this point, because it doesn't matter.

But seriously, people are this angsty about a request to put it in spoiler tags? Is it really such a burden?

Ready for 7pm to roll around.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:13 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Both of which are in a thread TITLED spoilers.

This one is titled book spoilers. We're past the books.
Which I rectified by taking the word "spoilers" out of the thread title.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 335
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up