ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 335
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
RustShack 07:10 PM 05-03-2016
Bran controlling a Dragon could also be in the cards, although he isn't a Targaryen.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:13 PM 05-03-2016
This idea that you have to be a Targaryen to ride a dragon is complete conjecture.
[Reply]
alanm 08:57 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
WTH has happened to Bronn? He is one of my favorite side characters.
He came back with Jamie. But he hasn't been in the last 2 episodes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
This idea that you have to be a Targaryen to ride a dragon is complete conjecture.
Isn't it all pretty much conjecture at this point?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:22 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Sure, why not? Daenerys is Lawful Good, Jon Snow is Neutral Good, and Tyrion is Chaotic Good. It would make sense.
I think they cover the three "Goods," but I disagree with the way you aligned them.

Jon Snow is a classic lawful good character, like most Starks. He has a code of honor that he won't bend from, no matter the costs.

Tyrion is a classic neutral good character. He wants to do good, but he is willing to accomplish it in many ways.

And Dany is a classic chaotic good character. She has a code by which she abides, but she also reacts strongly and makes decisions quickly.
[Reply]
RustShack 09:31 PM 05-03-2016
The TV show has made the Targaryens and only Targaryens known for having Dragons.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:51 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Screw the Targaryens....what do we need to do to get Brynden Tully on the throne? Blackfish FTMFW.

About the only great House I don't actively dislike (or hasn't been wiped out) at this point is the Tyrells. Let's take a step back for a minute and look at our protagonists - The Starks. Look at history and ask yourself what we have here; you know they're pretty much just warring tribesman, right? Like, Icelandic Vikings. They have no business ruling a Continent. The Arryns are largely career second fiddles. Baratheon doesn't exist anymore as there are no male heirs (and maybe Shireen will also die in the books). Bolton and Frey...yeah. The Greyjoys are essentially mad Scotsmen, are they not? Dorne is literally a different country.

Isn't Willas seen as largely good people? Why shouldn't I be rooting for The Tyrell's to win this thing somehow and for Willas to take over? Because I can't bring myself to root for the emo zombie or the entitled tween with the genocidal family background and a refusal to acknowledge the scoreboard.
Isn't the show just exactly like real life? Hillary=entitled tween. Trump=dumb motherfucker that nobody likes but has all the money?

That's what is compelling about this show. No particularly clean protagonist. Same with BB Mad Men etc
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:13 AM 05-04-2016
How did Hodor get so stupid?

Any bets?
My gal.. who is brilliant and in her 2nd year of med-school... says that it most likely occurred due to a stroke.. in the Broca's area of the brain.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:21 AM 05-04-2016
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
My gal.. who is brilliant and in her 2nd year of med-school... says that it most likely occurred due to a stroke.. in the Broca's area of the brain.
Well, my guess is Hodor. Or possibly Hodor. But it could be Hodor.

But seriously, with this show you almost have to think it is someone's fault. Kids doing something they shouldn't have been doing, or fucking with him and making Hodor do something he didn't want to do, and it ended badly. Maybe Benjen Stark, maybe it has something to do with why he took the Black.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:24 AM 05-04-2016

But seriously, with this show you almost have to think it is someone's fault. Kids doing something they shouldn't have been doing, or fucking with him and making Hodor do something he didn't want to do, and it ended badly. Maybe Benjen Stark, maybe it has something to do with why he took the Black.

"Took the black"? Is that like taking head?
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:44 AM 05-04-2016

But seriously, with this show you almost have to think it is someone's fault. Kids doing something they shouldn't have been doing, or ****ing with him and making Hodor do something he didn't want to do, and it ended badly.
Yeah probably. Took a hit to that area of his head or something.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:08 AM 05-04-2016
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think they cover the three "Goods," but I disagree with the way you aligned them.

Jon Snow is a classic lawful good character, like most Starks. He has a code of honor that he won't bend from, no matter the costs.

Tyrion is a classic neutral good character. He wants to do good, but he is willing to accomplish it in many ways.

And Dany is a classic chaotic good character. She has a code by which she abides, but she also reacts strongly and makes decisions quickly.
See, I am interpreting Lawful-Chaotic within the social code of the game universe as well as story structure. It refers to how much latitude each character has for independent actions that run contrary to convention as well as how strongly they are bound by the roles they are required to play in order to move the story along. Dany is practically a robot. Jon can take actions within a loose framework. Tyrion is completely unbound.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:43 AM 05-04-2016

Good possible angle on Benjen. We never heard why he went to the nights watch.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, you guys notice the chops on the young man teaching Ned and Benjen to fight? I Bet those epic one of a kind sideburns grow gray and tie together at the chin when he grows older. Then gets beheaded by Theon.....
[Reply]
eDave 11:11 AM 05-04-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
"Took the black"? Is that like taking head?
:-)
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 03:42 PM 05-04-2016
Saw a fan theory that he was trying to "hold the door" for Lyanna to escape and now can only repeat her last command "Hold the door" to "Ho Da Door" to "Hodor".
[Reply]
Page 114 of 335
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up