ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 335
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
listopencil 02:57 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Talk about falling ass-backwards into power.

This is why I kinda hate Daenerys. Apart from her spending 2 full tomes just wandering about like a bubble-headed teenager trying to bang the help, her entitlement just annoys the shit out of me.
Oh, and Daenerys is the most boring character in the entire show. Her entire deal is "I'm pretty and sometimes dragons show up." I blame the actress. She just isn't very good. And now she won't even show her boobs/butt anymore. Boooooooo. Look at what that one woman did with the Cersei role. She has now (from what I hear) changed the very nature of the character from what it was in the source material. Enough that people who have read the books complain that she is a bit too relatable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:59 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Oh, and Daenerys is the most boring character in the entire show. Her entire deal is "I'm pretty and sometimes dragons show up." I blame the actress. She just isn't very good. And now she won't even show her boobs/butt anymore. Boooooooo. Look at what that one woman did with the Cersei role. She has now (from what I hear) changed the very nature of the character from what it was in the source material. Enough that people who have read the books complain that she is a bit too relatable.
Why blame the actress?

Her book character is every bit the mewling, vapid waste of effort that her television show character is.

To that extent, the actress has perfectly captured the source material.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:59 PM 05-03-2016
The essence of theory is that:

Taena Merryweather is a Tyrell double agent, feeding Cersei false reports and also updating the Tyrell's on Cersei's machinations.

Loras is not dying on Dragonstone. Instead he removed himself from being a champion for Cersei in a trial by combat. He also gained his own naval command in the process.

Margaery allowed herself to be arrested to lure Cersei into her own trap.

Margaery has been frequently meeting with Olenna in the Kingswood, plotting against Cersei and preparing to consolidate their power.

Basically Cersei dug a grave for Margaery, but then the Tyrell's simply pushed Cersei in.
[Reply]
Hawk 03:05 PM 05-03-2016
The Tyrells certainly conspired with Littlefinger to murder Joffrey, though that really argues in favor of them. On the other hand they have pimped Marjory out to whoever happens to be king at the moment, so they are clearly power hungry.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:07 PM 05-03-2016
Why blame the actress?

Her book character is every bit the mewling, vapid waste of effort that her television show character is.

To that extent, the actress has perfectly captured the source material.
It's the way she presents the character. So many shots of her slowly walking forward with her arms rigidly at her sides. She's basically just cover art for a 1970's fantasy novel. I would hope that after several years she could bring that character to life despite the source material.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:08 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
The essence of theory is that:

Taena Merryweather is a Tyrell double agent, feeding Cersei false reports and also updating the Tyrell's on Cersei's machinations.

Loras is not dying on Dragonstone. Instead he removed himself from being a champion for Cersei in a trial by combat. He also gained his own naval command in the process.

Margaery allowed herself to be arrested to lure Cersei into her own trap.

Margaery has been frequently meeting with Olenna in the Kingswood, plotting against Cersei and preparing to consolidate their power.

Basically Cersei dug a grave for Margaery, but then the Tyrell's simply pushed Cersei in.
SOLD!
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:50 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
WTH has happened to Bronn? He is one of my favorite side characters.
Good question. I dunno.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:53 PM 05-03-2016
Is Maester Pycelle going to get offed in his bird tower pretty soon? I mislike that old prick.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:06 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Good question. I dunno.
IMDB doesn't have him listed for any episodes in 2016...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0283492/
[Reply]
RustShack 05:15 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Meera doesn't need to be Jon's secret twin to be a rider. Also, Tyrion doesn't need to be a secret Targaryen to be a rider. Neither does Arya, Bran, Theon, Varys, Sandor or Moonboy for all I know. There's nothing saying that all 3 dragon riders need to be Targaryens.

There's not really anything saying that there will be 3 dragon riders either, just that "the dragon will have 3 heads". It's not even really a prophecy, just a Targaryen tradition based on their first conquest. Since there are 3 dragons, there are technically already 3 dragon heads.

This is all assuming that the prophecies are legitimate in the first place. This is pretty questionable since most prophecies come through dreams and visions, and we already know of one character that can manipulate other people's dreams and visions.
There will be at least 1 more Targaryen, if not two.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:19 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
How did Hodor get so stupid?

Any bets?
Fighting.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:22 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
WTH has happened to Bronn? He is one of my favorite side characters.
He went off and got married.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:26 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
So who else has had dragons other than Targaryens?

Tons of Valyrians did before The Doom. What's special about the Targaryens is that they fled Valyria before shit hit the fan so they were basically the only ones left alive.

Also, as has been mentioned, dragons came from Asshai and may or may not still be alive there.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:27 PM 05-03-2016
The Starks. Look at history and ask yourself what we have here; you know they're pretty much just warring tribesman, right? Like, Icelandic Vikings. They have no business ruling a Continent.
Ned Stark FTW!
[Reply]
RustShack 07:09 PM 05-03-2016
Eh?
Attached: image.jpg (88.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 113 of 335
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up