ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 335
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Hawk 08:56 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Swanman:
In the books, Tyrion was always reading about dragons. He is the one that came up with the wildfire idea in the second book/season. The dragons took an immediate liking to him instead of making roasted dwarf. Lastly, in the books he has the blonde/white hair that is typical of Targaryens.
And the biggest hints in the books stem from a few different mentions of the fact that King Aerys had a thing for Tywin's wife, so the possibility of an affair between them is definitely supported by book excerpts, though it is never confirmed.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:56 AM 05-03-2016
Is George ever going to finish another book?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Is George ever going to finish another book?
I'm giving up.

I wasn't going to watch this season because I didn't want the book experience to be spoiled.

But the fucking guy isn't ever going to finish so why bother?

It blows my mind that the guy knew this was coming for 6 years and still couldn't eek another book out before the series blew past him. I knew he wouldn't get the whole series done but I figured he'd at least get through book 6.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:44 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm more on the TwinTarg bandwagon than Tyrion's. I always thought it would be fitting if Tyrion was Tywin's only true son and heir (also that an incest born Targ would be back on the throne with Joffrey).
Tywin, son of Tytos, names his first born son ... Jamie? Or is Tyrion really his firstborn?

Makes you think.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 11:15 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
There's nothing saying that all 3 dragon riders need to be Targaryens.
I have not read the books. Is it ever said or hinted that anyone other than Targaryens rode dragons?
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:40 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
I have not read the books. Is it ever said or hinted that anyone other than Targaryens rode dragons?
All sorts of Valyrians rode dragons, and Targaryens are not the only house with Valyrian roots, there are also the Celtigars and Velaryons. Also, a lot of people in Essos have Valyrian backgrounds. Dragons also exist(ed?) In Asshai, which is completely separate from Valyria. So there's not really a lot of evidence that only Targaryens can ride a dragon.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:06 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Tywin, son of Tytos, names his first born son ... Jamie? Or is Tyrion really his firstborn?

Makes you think.
I believe Jamie and Cersie were around when Tyrion was born. Oberyn said he visited when Tyrion was born. In the movie anyway.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm giving up.

I wasn't going to watch this season because I didn't want the book experience to be spoiled.

But the fucking guy isn't ever going to finish so why bother?

It blows my mind that the guy knew this was coming for 6 years and still couldn't eek another book out before the series blew past him. I knew he wouldn't get the whole series done but I figured he'd at least get through book 6.
You and I aren't creative. You can't push the creative process (I'm told).

Before the season dropped Martin said he had a great idea for a twist in the 6th book that it was too late for the show to incorporate. I imagine he isn't particularly close.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:08 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I believe Jamie and Cersie were around when Tyrion was born. Oberyn said he visited when Tyrion was born. In the movie anyway.
That doesn't mean Tywin was the father. And what movie?:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:09 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
No...he's saying that Tyrion would really be his first born son because Jamie/Cersei aren't his kids.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:28 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
No...he's saying that Tyrion would really be his first born son because Jamie/Cersei aren't his kids.
Ohhhh. I see. Sorry. I've been sick. I'll blame it on that.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:56 PM 05-03-2016
How did Hodor get so stupid?

Any bets?
[Reply]
NewChief 01:02 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
All sorts of Valyrians rode dragons, and Targaryens are not the only house with Valyrian roots, there are also the Celtigars and Velaryons. Also, a lot of people in Essos have Valyrian backgrounds. Dragons also exist(ed?) In Asshai, which is completely separate from Valyria. So there's not really a lot of evidence that only Targaryens can ride a dragon.
:-)

Have you been researching or were you already geeky about this shit?

:-)

And I take it back. A poster knows something.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:04 PM 05-03-2016
The show's already got a secret Targaryen and the book's got two.

Making Tyrion one as well would just be lame.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 05-03-2016
I love that the Targaryens were kinda shitty Valyrians. Pretty much just middle class hacks that the real nobility tolerated who that couldn't cut it in Valyria so they jetted over to Dragonstone. Then Valyria exploded and the Targaryens were the only people left in the world with Dragons so they just set about wrecking everything and taking over the continent. They weren't even particularly skilled at taming/training dragons in relations to the rest of Valyria - all but one of their dragons keeled over fairly quickly, they just happened to get a couple of eggs to hatch.

Talk about falling ass-backwards into power.

This is why I kinda hate Daenerys. Apart from her spending 2 full tomes just wandering about like a bubble-headed teenager trying to bang the help, her entitlement just annoys the shit out of me. Your parents lost - get over it. Nobody 'usurped' authority any more than your family picked on a bunch of crippled kids....or at least soldiers with no close-air support.

It would be like traveling back in time with a handful of A-10's and kicking the shit out of Alexander the Great. I wouldn't be all that impressed by using machine guns on guys that are still using sticks as a primary weapon. I mean, sure, they're sharpened sticks, but this is a culture that sees primitive napalm as sorcery; you're not exactly taking on the Wehrmacht here.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:25 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I love that the Targaryens were kinda shitty Valyrians. Pretty much just middle class hacks that the real nobility tolerated who that couldn't cut it in Valyria so they jetted over to Dragonstone. Then Valyria exploded and the Targaryens were the only people left in the world with Dragons so they just set about wrecking everything and taking over the continent.

Talk about falling ass-backwards into power.

This is why I kinda hate Daenerys. Apart from her spending 2 full tomes just wandering about like a bubble-headed teenager trying to bang the help, her entitlement just annoys the shit out of me. Your parents lost - get over it. Nobody 'usurped' authority any more than your family picked on a bunch of crippled kids....or at least soldiers with no close-air support.

It would be like traveling back in time with a handful of A-10's and kicking the shit out of Alexander the Great. I wouldn't be all that impressed by using machine guns on guys that are still using sticks as a primary weapon. I mean, sure, they're sharpened sticks, but this is a culture that sees primitive napalm as sorcery; you're not exactly taking on the Wehrmacht here.
I hear you. I think because it's a fantasy novel, everyone seems to expect there to be royal bloodlines and prophecies that make these people special. And there is plenty of that, but I'm not sure George uses it in the traditional way. A lot of these people are assholes. Their "destiny" may in fact just be them being an asshole.

Everyone seems hates the Sparrows, and I get it. Nut job religious zealots. But if you think about it, most of them are just Joe Citizen who has been on the ass end of all of these wars the so called "noble's" keep getting into and they are just tired of being shit on. Yeah, the Sparrows are easy to hate, but if I lived in a hovel in King's Landing under crazy Cersei, I would probably be ready to cut a bitch, too.

Even the Starks are not immune to being entitled assholes.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 335
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up