ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 567 of 1990
« First < 67467517557563564565566567 56856957057157761766710671567 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:20 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Ok, I'm for proof of vaccination to get on a plane.

"Destroy" that.
Easy. In order for you to mandate it you will need to demonstrate it is both "Safe and Effective".

Both are in question right now and now that we can see the data the effectiveness of this injection in the real world for preventing infections is highly questionable.

BTW, there is short-term data that it helps against severe disease and death. But none of that data will be usable by you for a mandate.

See example here:

Australian socialite spreads coronavirus to dozens after full vaccination

An Australian socialite has admitted to being a superspreader after throwing a party without realising he was infected with coronavirus.

An Australian man living it up in the United States has become an accidental superspreader after throwing a party while infected with the Delta strain of coronavirus.

Socialite Anthony Hess says he spread the virus to at least 60 people after a big weekend in Los Angeles over July 9-11.

Of those 60, at least 20 confirmed cases were directly infected by attending the parties and 40 others had symptoms.

He says there could be more.

Honestly, I have no idea how many people I infected, I came into contact with so many it could be hundreds, he told Daily Mail Australia.

I feel so guilty, Ive had dozens of friends message me saying they have symptoms, but Im vaccinated and had no idea I had Covid.

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...65b23378d226f3
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:22 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You would make a good Chinese citizen.

250+ social credit points have been added to your account.
You want to work in Healthcare? There are standards that must be adhered to, like no smoking (period for some organizations), you can't have assaults on your record, and you should be vaccinated to protect your patients. If you don't like that, the world always needs ditch diggers.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:24 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You want to work in Healthcare? There are standards that must be adhered to, like no smoking (period for some organizations), you can't have assaults on your record, and you should be vaccinated to protect your patients. If you don't like that, the world always needs ditch diggers.
No, I don't want to work in health care. I would never want to be around sick people all day.

No thanks, I'll just keep doing marketing consulting and continue to make more than most doctors with far less hours.

I do marketing consulting for medical clients. I like them. I don't want to do their job and they don't want to do mine.
[Reply]
banyon 10:25 AM 07-27-2021
Easy. In order for you to mandate it you will need to demonstrate it is both "Safe and Effective".

Both are in question right now and now that we can see the data the effectiveness of this injection in the real world for preventing infections is highly questionable.

BTW, there is short-term data that it helps against severe disease and death. But none of that data will be usable by you for a mandate.

See example here:

Australian socialite spreads coronavirus to dozens after full vaccination

An Australian socialite has admitted to being a superspreader after throwing a party without realising he was infected with coronavirus.

An Australian man living it up in the United States has become an accidental superspreader after throwing a party while infected with the Delta strain of coronavirus.

Socialite Anthony Hess says he spread the virus to at least 60 people after a big weekend in Los Angeles over July 9-11.

Of those 60, at least 20 confirmed cases were directly infected by attending the parties and 40 others had symptoms.

He says there could be more.

Honestly, I have no idea how many people I infected, I came into contact with so many it could be hundreds,” he told Daily Mail Australia.

“I feel so guilty, I’ve had dozens of friends message me saying they have symptoms, but I’m vaccinated and had no idea I had Covid.”

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...65b23378d226f3
So what threshold are you saying it needs to be at to be effective, and why?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:26 AM 07-27-2021
No, I don't want to work in health care. I would never want to be around sick people all day.

No thanks, I'll just keep doing marketing consulting and continue to make more than most doctors with far less hours.

I do marketing consulting for medical clients. I like them. I don't want to do their job and they don't want to do mine.
Excellent. So would you agree that professions and the environments they work in should enact a set of standards that ensure their practice(s) are considered best ones?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:27 AM 07-27-2021
So what threshold are you saying it needs to be at to be effective, and why?
FDA we would need to be at 50% reduction in transmission. Data indicates we might get that at best for a few months then it goes below that.

Then take into account the horrible safety profile signal from this and it's an easy no.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:29 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Excellent. So would you agree that professions and the environments they work in should enact a set of standards that ensure their practice(s) are considered best ones?

They can but there will be lots of egg on faces for mandates of this vaccine.

I hope those mandating it get ready for the lawsuits because they will be held responsible for vaccine injuries and deaths in their staff.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:30 AM 07-27-2021
They can but there will be lots of egg on faces for mandates of this vaccine.

I hope those mandating it get ready for the lawsuits because they will be held responsible for vaccine injuries and deaths in their staff.
Amusing you think the courts will do anything beside cover for the government and big pharma.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:33 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Amusing you think the courts will do anything beside cover for the government and big pharma.
You're right to be skeptical but the courts have more independent than the others.

They have ruled against Pharma before once they were taken to court.
[Reply]
banyon 10:35 AM 07-27-2021
FDA we would need to be at 50% reduction in transmission. Data indicates we might get that at best for a few months then it goes below that.

Then take into account the horrible safety profile signal from this and it's an easy no.
Are we not at those standards now?

Why would it not be better to have a plane full of people spreading the disease at 50% effectiveness as opposed to 100%? Wouldn't that mean less sick people and deaths?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:38 AM 07-27-2021
Are we not at those standards now?

Why would it not be better to have a plane full of people spreading the disease at 50% effectiveness as opposed to 100%? Wouldn't that mean less sick people and deaths?

We will soon be going on 2 years of this nonsense. You don't stop a highly contagious respiratory virus from spreading.

Fully vaccinated ships are having outbreaks!

If you really were concerned about outbreaks you would want only passengers that already had Covid...but that doesn't make anyone $$$$$$$$$$.
[Reply]
Donger 10:40 AM 07-27-2021
We will soon be going on 2 years of this nonsense. You don't stop a highly contagious respiratory virus from spreading.

If you really were concerned about outbreaks you would want only passengers that already had Covid...but that doesn't make anyone $$$$$$$$$$.
Stop it completely? No, of course not. But you do what you can to slow the spread.

Surely not even you are suggesting we now stop vaccinations and any and all mitigation efforts...
[Reply]
banyon 10:45 AM 07-27-2021

Man you lap up these fringy tweets like a thirsty dog.

Are you referring to this?

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL2N2NX2IU

act Check-Passengers testing positive on cruise ship is not proof that COVID-19 vaccines do not work
By Reuters Fact Check

6 MIN READ

Posts shared online claim that vaccinated passengers testing positive for the COVID-19 virus on a cruise ship is an indication that COVID-19 vaccines do not work. But this is missing context. While no vaccine protects completely from the virus, studies have shown vaccines do significantly reduce the chances of contracting the virus and developing severe illness or hospitalization. Passengers testing positive on a cruise ship that requested they be vaccinated is not proof that the vaccines do not work.

Examples can be seen here and here .

The text on one post reads: “Almost like the shot is useless.” Comments on the posts include: “It’s not about health, it’s about control”, “It’s planned eugenics. Stay away from the shot!”, “Doing all they can to keep the covid scam alive. Pathetic” and “That’s not how this was supposed to work.”

Cruise operator Royal Caribbean said on June 10, 2021 two guests onboard its Celebrity Millennium ship had tested positive for COVID-19 but are asymptomatic and currently in isolation. The guests, who were sharing a room, are being monitored by the company's medical team, the cruise operator said, adding that it was conducting contact tracing, expediting testing for all close contacts of the individuals. (here).

Though the ship required passengers to be vaccinated (here), “Celebrity did not provide any details on the vaccination background of the two people who tested positive.” ( here , here )

The three COVID-19 vaccines produced by Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen, which were granted authorization for emergency use in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) late last year (here).

Pfizer/BioNTech has said its vaccine has an efficacy rate of 95% (here ), Moderna 94.1% (here ) and Johnson & Johnson 66%, in preventing COVID-19 in respective trials. (here )

Moderna has also reported a 100% rate of protection against severe effects of COVID-19, while Pfizer said 10 severe cases of the disease were reported in its Phase III trial – nine of which were in the placebo group and just one in the vaccine group (here).

In a trial of nearly 44,000 people, Johnson & Johnson found its vaccine to have 72% protection against moderate and severe COVID-19 in the United States (here)

While there is still a chance that a vaccinated person may contract the virus (a study by the CDC on post-vaccine breakthrough cases can be seen here ), the probability of contagion as well as the risk for severe illness and hospitalization is significantly reduced.

A Reuters graphic here shows that infections have decreased where vaccination rates are higher. An analysis by The Washington Post here shows the same trend.

In comparison, the COVID-19 vaccines appear to be more effective than the seasonal influenza vaccine, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data here . For the 2019-2020 influenza season, the influenza vaccine was about 39% effective.

VERDICT
Missing context. Fully vaccinated passengers testing positive for the COVID-19 virus on a cruise ship is not proof that the vaccines do not work. COVID-19 vaccines significantly reduce the risk for contracting the virus as well as the risk for severe illness and hospitalization.

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our fact-checking work  here 

The fact that there ISN'T a follow up article with a mass outbreak, actually demonstrates the opposite of your point, that others did not get infected on the ship (presumably).
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:45 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Stop it completely? No, of course not. But you do what you can to slow the spread.

Surely not even you are suggesting we now stop vaccinations and any and all mitigation efforts...
The vaccines aren't really vaccines so they don't stop transmission.

They do look like they provide few months of protection as a gene therapeutic for at risk. They are also highly dangerous, and unapproved experimental drugs.

So focus on the obese and elderly, leave the rest of us alone.

Mass vaccinations of everyone else could cause a dangerous new variant. Best to limit that by just focusing your gene therapy shots on high risk.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:46 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
That's almost 15% of all the replies to this thread! Donger is the Are you going to take the vaccine gold medalist
We can't be sure, we can't see his award... But he is happy, so it might be gold.

[Reply]
Page 567 of 1990
« First < 67467517557563564565566567 56856957057157761766710671567 > Last »
Up