ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mass shooting on Las Vegas Strip
Buck 01:00 AM 10-02-2017
Automatic Gunfire from Mandalay Bay onto an outdoor concert. A lot of injured/dead.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:51 AM 10-02-2017
Regarding the "metal detectors and security guards everywhere" discussion, I always feel it's important to point out that overall murder rates in the U.S. are at historic lows these days. It's ticked up a smidge since 2014, but it's still nowhere near the levels that were seen in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Are you more likely today to be killed in a mass shooting compared to the past? Probably. But your overall likelihood of being hurt is still extremely low. Don't let events like this keep you from going out and living life (or being so protective of your kids that they don't learn how to live life in the first place).
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:53 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Buck:
When I went to bed it was 2 dead and I woke up and it's 50. Awful. Sad.

Rest In Peace
I saw the first video coming out right before I went to bed last night, and it was pretty clear that there were going to be a lot more than two deaths when it was all over. Terrible.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:54 AM 10-02-2017
The FBI has spoken with Eric Paddock, the brother of the gunman, at his home in central Florida. Paddock has also given a few interviews at greater length.
“He was my brother and it’s like an asteroid fell out of the sky,” Paddock told CNN. He said he last spoke to his brother when Stephen wanted to check in on their mother after Hurricane Irma.
Paddock expressed shock and horror to CBS that his brother could commit such a crime. He had “no religious affiliation, no political affiliation, he just hung out”, Paddock said.
“He’s not an avid gun guy at all. The fact that he had those kind of weapons is just – where the hell did he get automatic weapons? He has no military background or anything like that. He’s just a guy who lived in a house in Mesquite, drove down and gambled in Las Vegas. He did stuff. Ate burritos.”
Paddock said that when he heard the news he became scared for Paddock’s girlfriend, Marilou Danley, worrying that “he might’ve hurt her too”.
Police have said Danley was out of the country, unharmed and speaking with investigators.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:54 AM 10-02-2017
Here's a good visual of where the shooter and the victims were all located.

[Reply]
BWillie 09:55 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
What society has metal detectors in every public building? North Korea? I mean, maybe we need to go in that direction, but it's not like hotels have had any reason to think they need this kind of security.

Besides, think about it -- hotels are nothing more than places where massive numbers of people with bags go in and out all the time. You want TSA level checkpoints to get into your hotel room every time you go there?
Excellent point. You'll get too many knee jerk reactions right now, versus good intelligent thought.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:56 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Here's a good visual of where the shooter and the victims were all located.

not terribly accurate, he was on the end of a wing. still unclear why 2 windows are broken out.

[Reply]
DaFace 09:57 AM 10-02-2017
Black Bob was booted from the thread by Dartgod a while ago, just for the record. Carry on.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:58 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
a 64 year old white male living in a 55+ community doesn't just convert to Islam without any travel or any Muslim objects in his home. They are just trying to claim it as their own.
Not necessarily. I mean he opened fire on a country music event. Who goes to country music events? Usually Christian white people. Could have just been pissed at Trump. Could just be a coincidence. Who really knows at this point.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:58 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
not terribly accurate, he was on the end of a wing. still unclear why 2 windows are broken out.
Corner suite?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:58 AM 10-02-2017
My guess would be moving from window to window for different angles as the crowd moved together to escape
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 10-02-2017
Terrible terrible news.

From early reports just seems like a normal guy. Wonder what happened
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:00 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Corner suite?
possible,though assuming those panes are something near 4' wide, that would be a big suite.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:03 AM 10-02-2017
Craps is so frustrating.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:06 AM 10-02-2017
possible,though assuming those panes are something near 4' wide, that would be a big suite.
Rent more than one room. That is your answer.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:06 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by mac459:
My guess would be moving from window to window for different angles as the crowd moved together to escape
I have often wondered why so many of these shooters are so incompetent and have really have been grateful they were because typically they have a low kill rate.

This guy was not incompetent and was entirely too efficient.

100% chance foreign terrorist copy this method in the future.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up