ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 270
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
tredadda 05:06 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Wouldn’t be opposed to this at all. It would really come down to cost. I know Arizona gave up a trash RB for him. Can the Chiefs offer CEH and a late round pick for him? Also how does incentive laden contracts affect the cap? Perhaps we sign him to a low base salary and load up on incentives. Just throwing ideas out there.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:09 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not being dicks at all.

CP has the ability to literally post these things into existence. You aren't familiar with the Bashaud Breeland saga?
I one time spoke Mike Brown into existence here lmao
[Reply]
tredadda 05:09 PM 03-08-2023
Not being dicks at all.

CP has the ability to literally post these things into existence. You aren't familiar with the Bashaud Breeland saga?
It’s hit or miss. :-) One point is Breeland, the counter point is Geno.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:12 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
And there it is! Ive been saying this all along. He has NOT demanded a new contract.

Of course it depends on where he is going. He wants the Ring OR the money.

He has been on shitty teams his whole career, he only has a few years left to solidify his legacy. If its the Chiefs, he will make the money work. If its a shitty team might as well get the money.

BUT things have changed now. With our glaring need of a LT, this deal is very unlikely, unfortunately.
Why?
[Reply]
Dante84 05:13 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I think Clay jinxed the Geno one by talking about his "chocolate penis" the whole time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:14 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Geno was a special case. That one was just way over the top.

Sure, we can get these guys once we hit 1000 posts. But when a guy has 25K posts dedicated to him, it tends to scare them off. LOL
[Reply]
Dante84 05:15 PM 03-08-2023
The LeVeon Bell thread was a classic
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:18 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Would certainly be a big splash, but I think this only happens if we can't resign JuJu.
I'm no Hopkins stan, but if they choose Juju over DHop that is epically stupid.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:20 PM 03-08-2023
I actually forgot that he called and left me a voicemail to let us know he was coming to KC.

[Reply]
poolboy 05:49 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
sounds like NE and NYG are also interested, and he voided his no trade clause. That's not good for us, was hoping he'd prefer KC and choose his destination.
go for it Dhop...He wont win
[Reply]
tredadda 05:55 PM 03-08-2023

Sure, we can get these guys once we hit 1000 posts. But when a guy has 25K posts dedicated to him, it tends to scare them off. LOL
Excellent point.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:59 PM 03-08-2023

So I guess the Geno Smith backers get a consolation prize this year. He proved he could play. Doesn't mean he would have worked out in KC but we at least know he does have the tools to be a good QB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:31 PM 03-08-2023
Not being dicks at all.

Of course I am. I can't remember how I felt about the whole thing now, but I remember checking in on the thread daily.:-)

So, how many posts do we need? 11ty 5,003? LET'S GO!!!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:32 PM 03-08-2023
It was awful. I defended the idea. Repeatedly.:-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:14 PM 03-08-2023
An older player for a starting role has not bee Burt's style
[Reply]
Page 54 of 270
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up