ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 324
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 11:57 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We do...he just happens to be a TE.
We're the best option for him to have a big year and get a lot of balls compared to the other teams.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Pretty sure the only team that he has said he wasn't interested in was the Patriots but I could be misremembering that.

The Lions would be a sneaky good place for him to go.
Come to think of it, the Lions are probably the darkhorse here.

With Jameson Williams suspended to start the season, and losing Chark, it makes a ton of sense.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:57 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd be pretty content with the Ravens signing Hopkins and trading Bateman to us for a 4th rounder...
Knowing Veach that may very well be what he'd be more excited about. Would have the #20 and #27 overall selections from the 2021 draft in Toney and Bateman respectively. Each with a possible 3 more years of control on their contracts. Pair that with Moore and Rice and we are in freaking business!
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 05-26-2023
Tanking, trading Murray for a top pick and then drafting Williams and Harrison?

Sounds like aces to me.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:58 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:

With Jameson Williams suspended to start the season, and losing Chark, it makes a ton of sense.
It'll take a pretty paycheck for him to convince himself that the Lions are the team to be on.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:59 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
It makes a ton of sense. Basically the same thing the Eagles did, put as much talent as you can around Hurts. Help out an elite running QB, but to Hurts credit as we all saw, he will make the clutch throws at key points to make that offense dangerous. We've never seen how Lamar does with WRs like this.
I dont mind Lamar being loaded with WRs so we can finally put to bed the flimsy narrative that his shortcomings are because he hasn't had WRs to work with. Hurts has done all the right things to progress as a passer. Don't think I've seen any kind of progress from Lamar as a passer. Kind of annoys me that this offseason is going to reinsert Lamar into an elite QB conversation he doesn't belong in.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:59 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We're the best option for him to have a big year and get a lot of balls compared to the other teams.
There are other teams where he'd get targets and be the true WR1 but he's not going to have a path to a better contract next year AND a chance at a ring.

If he comes here...he gets both. It'll just be sacrificing money in the now for a chance at more in the future.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:59 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Cardinals are ****ing stupid. Not even designating this a post June 1 so all the dead money hits now. Wouldn't eat money to facilitate a trade but now they're outright cutting him.
I read somewhere that they can still trade him until 4PM EST. Maybe by “releasing” him they can get a team to bite on a trade.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:59 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Yeah, he makes sense there, too.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 05-26-2023
Does he really wanna go play with Jared Goff though?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:01 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I read somewhere that they can still trade him until 4PM EST. Maybe by “releasing” him they can get a team to bite on a trade.
Maybe. It'd be ballsy, and potentially stupid for the team trading, but maybe.

I guess it would come down to what a team would be willing to give up for him and how much of the contract Arizona would be willing to eat.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:02 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Does he really wanna go play with Jared Goff though?
Well, he'd put up numbers with Goff, I'd have no doubt. But Goff hasn't exactly been that "clutch" guy through his career so far......
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:02 PM 05-26-2023
If a team wasn't trading for him before....they aren't going to do it now just because he's going to get cut. It would be pointless and stupid.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:02 PM 05-26-2023
Lions aren't even a dark horse. They're probably one of the faves all things considered.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:02 PM 05-26-2023
It's time for Verch to play that "Super Bowl" card. Hopkins has to be wanting a championship before the end of his career and now would be the time to get it before he goes for the big contract. Besides, everyone wants to see Kermit throwing to D-Hop.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 324
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up