ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 56
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:38 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's James Mangold. He doesn't miss.

PERIOD.
Mangold didn't have the lead direction. Kennedy did.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:08 PM 05-22-2023
Big oof

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:16 PM 05-22-2023
we have over a month lmao
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:48 AM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Big oof

It belongs in a trash can.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:03 AM 05-23-2023
I think a great deal of the issues comes with not picking a successor to Indy. They tried with Shia LeBouf but then that movie was panned, Shia went a little crazy, and so that entire movie's build up was panned. You can always claim hindsight, but I wouldn't have put my franchise's fate in the hands of an actor who's main movie credits included Michael Bay's Transformers franchise. I could see the promise there, but that's a big risk to take for a beloved franchise.

Now they are introducing a new female with a sidekick and she's supposed to be very Indiana Jones-like so we'll see how that performance pans out, but I doubt with the reviews the way they are that they're signing her up for a new trilogy anytime soon.

The other major issue is the time spent making a new movie between The Last Crusade and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I mean having three movies in a decade, to going another 19 years between TLC and KotCS is just too much wasted time, for whatever reason. They should've made a movie in the 90s and early 2000s to keep the franchise from going stale. Whether that's on George, Harrison, Steven, or some other executive call it makes it so Crystal Skulls flub after 20 years really put a nail in the coffin.

I'll still go see it, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I don't care about it's box office numbers like the movie studios do, at this point it's all about Harrison Ford and how Indiana Jones is portrayed, because if this is the last movie that gets made with Harrison in the role, then you have 2 great movies, 2 bad movies, and whatever you think of Temple of Doom in the middle.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:45 AM 05-23-2023
Rumor is it's a steaming turd, Clay. Enjoy!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:56 AM 05-23-2023
They didn't need to keep the franchise going.

It ended beautifully with the third movie.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:45 AM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:

They literally rode off into the sunset at the end, to boot.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:18 AM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:

South Park was way ahead of the curve.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 12:27 PM 05-23-2023
Posting just to torture Clay if nothing else

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:28 PM 05-23-2023
he hasnt seen the movie

half the people who have seen it liked it

just go ahead and side with the shitty half, you losers
[Reply]
Bowser 12:32 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
South Park was way ahead of the curve.

Spoiler!
:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 12:35 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he hasnt seen the movie

half the people who have seen it liked it

just go ahead and side with the shitty half, you losers
I'm holding out hope, but I'm not going to be floored if it turns out to be garbage. As you've said, James Mangold hasn't missed much in his directorial efforts.
[Reply]
Fish 12:44 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Posting just to torture Clay if nothing else

Brutal.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:46 PM 05-23-2023
What's the bar for this? Better than Crystal Skull? Because I'm seeing that idea thrown about.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 56
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up