ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 726
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170570 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:43 PM 09-22-2011
Mizzou's press conference live
http://www.komu.com/streaming-newscast/
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:50 PM 09-22-2011
Ou Presser on now. Big 12 here for awhile.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:59 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Mizzou's press conference live
http://www.komu.com/streaming-newscast/
What a joke.
[Reply]
Pants 05:59 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
What a joke.
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

COULD GET INTERESTING
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:00 PM 09-22-2011
Having Neinas take over as Interim doesn't make me any more comfortable. Doesn't he have ties to Deloss Dodds at Texas and Kirby Hocutt at Texas Tech? Doesn't sound like an unbiased Commish to me.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:04 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Having Neinas take over as Interim doesn't make me any more comfortable. Doesn't he have ties to Deloss Dodds at Texas and Kirby Hocutt at Texas Tech? Doesn't sound like an unbiased Commish to me.
He has ties to everyone, apparently (eg Pinkle, Alden, Castiglione), which I guess makes him at least potentially unbiased.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:09 PM 09-22-2011
The fake Dan Bebee twitter is hilarious: http://twitter.com/#!/DanBeebe

Originally Posted by :
MISSOURI THROWS MORE PANTIES THAN THE CROWD OF 8TH GRADERS AT A JONAS BROTHERS CONCERT AND YET NOBODY EVER PICKS THEM UP

OKLAHOMA, WHAT GALAXY DO YOU LIVE IN AND WHY CAN'T YOU GO PLAY SPORTS THERE INSTEAD. YOU ARE MORE OVERRATED THAN TAYLOR SWIFT'S AWFUL FACE

TEXAS TECH YOU LISTENED TO THAT HOOKER-SLAUGHTERING CRETIN CRAIG JAMES OVER MIKE LEACH AND FOR THAT I HOPE THE EARTH SWALLOWS YOUR CAMPUS

TEXAS A&M, YOU ARE NEVER WINNING A TITLE IN THE SEC, NOT EVEN ONCE, AND AT LEAST 80% OF YOUR STUDENT BODY IS WEIRD.

I MEAN TEXAS A&M STUDENTS ARE THE KIND OF WEIRD WHERE YOU DON'T LEAVE THEM IN THE SAME ROOM AS HOUSE PETS UNATTENDED.

TEXAS A&M YELL LEADERS ARE BECAUSE AGGIE IS SCARED OF WOMEN SO CONGRATULATIONS FOR BRINGING SAUDI ARABIAN CULTURE TO AMERICA YOU INBREDS.

I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SEE BURNT ORANGE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. IT LOOKS LIKE BABY POOP

[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 07:05 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Complete bullshit. You need to listen to Soren Petro, a Syracuse alum. He worked in the market. Yes, there are tons of TVs, but very few give a shit about college football in the northeast. It's all about the Jets, Giants, Patriots. He also laughs that Rutgers is a NYC market. Yes it is, and no one watches or cares.
Syracuse football has higher revenue than Syracuse basketball. Fact.

Originally Posted by Wickedson:
In 2010 the Syracuse Basketball program earned the school $10 million more than their football program.

'just sayin

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/18/news...fits/index.htm
Do you lie on purpose or are you just stupid?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:14 PM 09-22-2011
Phogtards are tards.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:26 PM 09-22-2011
So what was MU's major announcement? Did they demand a reacharound from Texas? Well, not demand, but strenuously request. Or at least politely inquire.

:-)
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 07:28 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
So what was MU's major announcement? Did they demand a reacharound from Texas? Well, not demand, but strenuously request. Or at least politely inquire.

You guys should have bailed to the SEC

seriously :-)
[Reply]
Brock 07:37 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

COULD GET INTERESTING
[Reply]
alnorth 07:45 PM 09-22-2011
Well, looks like we're going to expose this "its not about the money, its about stability" silliness for the lie it is.

If you want the conference to be stable, do what the Big 10 did and marry the conference. If you sign an agreement saying that the conference now controls your tier 1/2 rights for the next 6 years, even if you leave, then you really can't leave even if the Big 10 hands you a gold-plated letter of admission. (we're doing this because no one is going to join our conference at this point unless we all legally chain ourselves together to prove no one is leaving anytime soon)

Boom, instant stability. It isn't done yet, but that is where they are going after the lawyers draw up the paperwork.

So, now it is not about the money, and it is not about stability, so... what?
[Reply]
Jerm 07:49 PM 09-22-2011
Tweets from Dave Matter....

Originally Posted by :
Been told #Mizzou fan unrest with Big 12 is having impact on leadership's way of thinking. Continued discord within league big factor too.

Deaton & Alden had multiple opportunities to bring out old tune, "proud members of Big 12." They didn't come close to saying it

Alden says #Mizzou factions are on the same page. I've been told separately that's more true now than it had been during this process

By #Mizzou factions, I mean athletic director, fb coach, chancellor, etc. Lots of actors in this play

Alden said he supported Pinkel's recent comments on Big 12. Said he wouldn't have used the word "embarrasing," but ...

Alden on Big 12: "It's troubling." Said you don’t want league talked about way it's been talked about last 2, 3 weeks, year, year and a half
My God, is this administration FINALLY going to show some balls???

I still doubt it...
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:37 PM 09-22-2011
So....is this just posturing or has the Administration finally gotten smart?
[Reply]
Page 70 of 726
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170570 > Last »
Up