ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark = Neil Smith? [Clark signs with Broncos]
Third Eye 01:01 PM 06-08-2023

Breaking: Free agent pass rusher Frank Clark is signing with the #Broncos, sources tell @theScore.

The 3x Pro Bowler and 2x Super Bowl champ with the #Chiefs finds a new home in Denver.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) June 8, 2023

[Reply]
wazu 08:11 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You said in Chiefs playoff history.

I'll take every dude on that SBIV Chiefs defense over Frank.

Give me Nick Bolton and Chris Jones from the modern Chiefs teams. Yes, that Chris Jones, who didn't have a playoff sack until Cincy.

And I'm not going to punish the great dudes from the 90s just because they came up short with shitass QBs. Absolutely give me Derrick Thomas and a whole bunch of those other guys.

When you only bother showing up for the playoffs, you don't deserve to make $20 million in a season. That money could have been spent getting us a couple other guys who could have helped.

We got the job done with Frank and paying him what we did. I don't regret that. But ring of honor? Best defensive player in Chiefs playoff history?

Fuuuuuuuuuck that shit
Oh come on. Neil Fucking Smith is in the Ring of Honor.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:14 PM 06-08-2023
You said in Chiefs playoff history.

I'll take every dude on that SBIV Chiefs defense over Frank.

Give me Nick Bolton and Chris Jones from the modern Chiefs teams. Yes, that Chris Jones, who didn't have a playoff sack until Cincy.

And I'm not going to punish the great dudes from the 90s just because they came up short with shitass QBs. Absolutely give me Derrick Thomas and a whole bunch of those other guys.

When you only bother showing up for the playoffs, you don't deserve to make $20 million in a season. That money could have been spent getting us a couple other guys who could have helped.

We got the job done with Frank and paying him what we did. I don't regret that. But ring of honor? Best defensive player in Chiefs playoff history?

Fuuuuuuuuuck that shit

Just for fun, post how much money AAV every guy in the Ring of Honor got at his peak without looking it up.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:22 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just for fun, post how much money AAV every guy in the Ring of Honor got at his peak without looking it up.
Just for fun, how about no.

You know damn well it's about the percentage of the pie and not the end number, dude.

Frank Clark choosing to masturbate all season and then "turn it on" in the playoffs (really, he only had truly impactful games in the Titans AFCC and the 49ers SB) while taking away pie that could have gone to somebody else is the issue.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:33 PM 06-08-2023
Just for fun, how about no.

You know damn well it's about the percentage of the pie and not the end number, dude.

Frank Clark choosing to masturbate all season and then "turn it on" in the playoffs (really, he only had truly impactful games in the Titans AFCC and the 49ers SB) while taking away pie that could have gone to somebody else is the issue.

Well sure. But that's not the question at hand. No one cares what KC paid a player in the RoH, right? It's just not a thing. They're up there because they did something great on the field. For guys like Neil Smith, that was during the regular season, and I take nothing away from him for who he was to my Chiefs when he was one, no matter how much he got paid or how little he did in the playoffs. Same as anyone up there.

But Frank was the opposite. He didn't do much during the regular season, but he out-performed every Chief to date in the playoffs, and by a country mile.

As I have for the others, i give him a pass for his regular season play, because of his playoff performances, and I don't have to care about his compensation in that respect. I can, and will, separate the two issues, largely because he helped the team win two Rings.

And to be honest, if it were the opposite, and Frank had great regular seasons but did nothing in the playoffs, and that cost us a Ring, I'd probably be a lot less sanguine about it.

I mean, I get it; it would've been nice for him to be better in the regular season. But this isn't about 'what ifs,' it's about what really happened. Given that, I'll gladly take his playoff performances and just as soon forget the regular seasons.
[Reply]
wazu 08:34 PM 06-08-2023
We always had a first round bye, but what if Frank had played better in the regular season and we'd had a SUPER first-round bye?!!!
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 09:17 PM 06-08-2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Denver has a ton of bendy, athletic guys at EDGE. Clark will give us a different style of player to throw into our deep edge rotation.
Well I'll give you credit for one thing - identifying that Clark is neither bendy nor athletic.

I mean if you guys want more variety you can give me the league minimum and get a 40 yr old skinny/fat guy with no burst to speak of. That's something you don't presently have on the roster.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by chop:
The Chiefs are paying him more than Denver is paying him to play in Denver.
That's not how dead cap works, sport.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Don't care. We got his best and they will get his worst.
The Seahawks got his best. We got his worst.

And three decent postseason games mixed in. Whatever they get might be equally bad, but it can't be WORSE than 85% of the completely ineffectual games he played here.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:32 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Seahawks got his best. We got his worst.

And three decent postseason games mixed in. Whatever they get might be equally bad, but it can't be WORSE than 85% of the completely ineffectual games he played here.
Especially not with that ridiculous cap number he had here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:42 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well sure. But that's not the question at hand. No one cares what KC paid a player in the RoH, right? It's just not a thing. They're up there because they did something great on the field. For guys like Neil Smith, that was during the regular season, and I take nothing away from him for who he was to my Chiefs when he was one, no matter how much he got paid or how little he did in the playoffs. Same as anyone up there.

But Frank was the opposite. He didn't do much during the regular season, but he out-performed every Chief to date in the playoffs, and by a country mile.

As I have for the others, i give him a pass for his regular season play, because of his playoff performances, and I don't have to care about his compensation in that respect. I can, and will, separate the two issues, largely because he helped the team win two Rings.

And to be honest, if it were the opposite, and Frank had great regular seasons but did nothing in the playoffs, and that cost us a Ring, I'd probably be a lot less sanguine about it.

I mean, I get it; it would've been nice for him to be better in the regular season. But this isn't about 'what ifs,' it's about what really happened. Given that, I'll gladly take his playoff performances and just as soon forget the regular seasons.
Where does it stop, man? "If it weren't for such and such player in the playoffs we wouldn't have one or both Super Bowls."

How about Damien Williams? Two seasons with the team. Two incredible playoff runs. One Super Bowl. Still has the most career playoff rushing yards of anybody in team history. Also still has the most playoff TDs scored of anybody in team history unless Kelce surpassed him most recently. That's pretty impressive. Is he going into the HOF even though he was only productive for a handful of regular season games and two big playoff runs?

Honey Badger, bro. Can't deny his effect on the secondary guys and making plays for the team in that first Super Bowl run. He's not noteworthy now because of his recent business decisions, but neither is Clark for signing with our shitty division fucking rivals.

Is the line you have to have some ridiculous thing like being 2 sacks away for all time career playoff sacks AND win two Super Bowls?

Or maaaaaaybe... hear me out... but maybe we shouldn't make this the Ring of Very Good. Or the Ring of "Damn you were a key contributor for a year or two." Maybe it should be, you know... a stacking of excellence from year to year while working for or wearing a Chiefs uniform.
[Reply]
philfree 09:43 PM 06-08-2023
Frank is a double agent. His job is to take up some cap space of the donks and then get a tummy ache for most of the season and basically mail it in. He's doing the Chiefs a solid!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:47 PM 06-08-2023
Oh. Oh well.

Good on the Chiefs for showing no interest in matching that.
[Reply]
Fish 09:48 PM 06-08-2023
Well... fuck that guy.....
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:52 PM 06-08-2023
*Lt. Columbo voice* And just one more thing...

Knock on wood, we're not even at the halfway point of this Mahomes ride, man. In fact, if he plays until 40, we're barely a quarter of the way done. We've seen and experienced a looooooot of shit, and the players, coaches, and people important to each of these seasons are going to change.

It's already happened once. The only player on offense who was with him since Mahomes got drafted is... Travis Kelce. In that short of a time we have done a complete 100% turnaround in the roster makeup of our offense since 2017. And you can expect that to occur another couple of times before Mahomes gets done.

I'm too tired to think about the defense, but I think it's roughly the same for the defense other than Chris Jones. In each and every playoff run we have from now until Mahomes retires, there's going to be a different collection of players, and each of them will have a handful of key contributors to those runs. And there's going to be a fuckton of them. We talk about Frank Clark, and there's also Dan Sorensen and his 2019 big time plays he made. We're currently experiencing Nick Bolton and Chris Jones. I already mentioned Damien Williams. How about McKinnon and Pacheco?

We're putting each and every random asshole who has a big playoff game into the ring? The guys who are here a couple seasons and then gone? As long as they were a part of that story and rode on that team in a noteworthy way, we're going to put them in the ring of honor? We're just going to say fuck off to the years you're with the team now? We're going to say fuck off to the guys who contributed to both playoffs AND the regular season, and now just the playoffs is good enough for the ring of honor?

You're too emotionally connected to the present time in your argument for reflection of the broader picture of Chiefs history, Megatron. You see this golden age we're in and are thinking very narrow-mindedly that what we've experienced of it so far IS the entire story and that douchebags like Clark are good enough to go up on the ring. This isn't the entire story. Like I said, it's just the first 25%. And either you really made a goddamn impact for the entirety of that 25% or you don't deserve your name to go up there. Because we have three more quarters to go of this ride. Either bring some greater longevity to the picture or contribute more than just one playoff run.

It's fucking hard to get into a team's ring of honor. It should be. It's the ring of HONOR for fuck's sake.

Let Frank Clark beat the fucking drum or whatever the shit if you want to honor him. Let him have a picture or two in the team museum for the fans. But the dude doesn't deserve all time team honors. He gets a participation trophy. And now that he's a Donk, I'm going to hope he gets fucking embarrassed. I hope his career goes up in flames and he never sets foot on a football field ever again.

Fuck Frank Clark.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up