ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:51 AM 01-22-2023
rest easy

the bills and bengals can't run block for shit right now, and you'll see it today
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:55 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They were defending the pass, and 44 came from QB scrambles and a reverse.
They all count, and Burrow and Allen have proved they can scramble on us. We need to step up next week. Fortunately our offense looked good most of the day.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:58 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BigRock:
Eh, the first return got them to the KC 40. They ended with a TD. D could have held them to a FG. 3 points from the return, 4 from the D.

The second big return was the drive they fumbled, so that one didn't get them anything.
it's the same excuse making Homer's since the beginning of the season

pointless to debate this until the results of the next 2 games are in
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:59 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
They all count, and Burrow and Allen have proved they can scramble on us. We need to step up next week. Fortunately our offense looked good most of the day.
QB scrambles are not on the run defense.

Chiefs run defense is fine. Best it's been in the Reid era. We can handle BUF or CIN run games right now.

The team that concerns me is Philly, because that running game might be our kryptonite.
[Reply]
threebag 10:59 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
...made adjustments, bounced back from mistakes. They did their job well. If not for a Mahomes injury, KC likely wins big (14+).

Not a slight to Henne, he did his job well; I think we would have scored a TD on at least one of the 3rd quarter drives.
Henne was nails. He came out on his 2 and drove them 98 yards down the field… with ice water in his veins
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:03 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Spags has had lots of true tests over the past few years. But people seem more obsessed about regular season wins with bad defensive play and ignore that the defense has been solid pretty much his entire run with this team.
I for one am old enough to know better than judging much by regular season wins against milquetoast.

been there , done that , bought plenty of the t shirts.

I'm ready for this D to face the real tests of this season
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:08 AM 01-22-2023
Lol, you'd never know we won the game reading some of these posts.:-)

It's predictably hilarious, threefold (at least). One, that so many people don't understand how DCs call plays, and two, what Karlaftis' responsibility is in that play, and three, how the usual suspects keep trotting out the same dumb shit after we win.:-)

Really, it's become a CP classic response from Chief Fan.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:13 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Man what exactly is your fucking deal today?

You planning on taking a shit in every thread on the front page?
That’s an every day thing for him.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:14 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by threebag:
Henne was nails. He came out on his 2 and drove them 98 yards down the field… with ice water in his veins
best drive of the game. was a huge pivotal moment and breathed life back into us
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:18 AM 01-22-2023
Spags has been a second half defensive guy, from my homer eyes
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:20 AM 01-22-2023
four years ago all we wanted was a defense that could get two punts a game

we have that, enjoy it :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:22 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
best drive of the game. was a huge pivotal moment and breathed life back into us
minimizing henne's impact to "just 23 yards!" is dumb

he also stood in there like a champ and took a shot in the mouth to get us another 15 yards...and two of his completions were on third down

Henne got us 38 yards in a very tough situation that flipped the game
[Reply]
blake1771 11:28 AM 01-22-2023
i feel like a lot of you all watched a different game than me. we were lucky as F*CK to win this game. The defense was getting gashed in the running game and WR's were running free. I realize it's the playoffs and all the teams left are good, but the fumble recovery was lucky. just pure luck. The INT was an amazing play so I'll give them that. I get that the Defense was given some sh*t sandwiches from the special teams, but you have to nut up. At the end of the day it's a win, but i don't think a defensive performance like that gets us a win against either the Bengals or Bills.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:40 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by blake1771:
i feel like a lot of you all watched a different game than me. we were lucky as fuck to win this game. The defense was getting gashed in the running game and WR's were running free.
so lucky to win a game we never trailed

those free running WRs gashed us for a whole 5 yards per pass attempt!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:45 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by blake1771:
i feel like a lot of you all watched a different game than me. we were lucky as **** to win this game. The defense was getting gashed in the running game and WR's were running free. I realize it's the playoffs and all the teams left are good, but the fumble recovery was lucky. just pure luck. The INT was an amazing play so I'll give them that. I get that the Defense was given some sh*t sandwiches from the special teams, but you have to nut up. At the end of the day it's a win, but i don't think a defensive performance like that gets us a win against either the Bengals or Bills.
Look, I’m not going to change your mind, but ball security is a real thing. And the Chiefs played close games down the stretch, because they gave the ball away so many times, by way of picks/fumbles and the dreaded “fielding a punt”.

They (the Jags) gave it up. The Chiefs did not. IDGAF what you feel is luck on the Chiefs part. What I see, is a team that can win close, contested games. Games that cause your heart to flutter and the acid in your stomach to defy gravity up the esophagus.

This was a great game.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up